Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys and gals im back need to know.......

The last post in this topic was posted 1506 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hey yall I've been looking and I cant find out. Does the FDCPA apply to the Government? Reason I ask is 7 years ago my daughter went into the National Guard and was a delayed entry. She completed basic training and just prior to AIT she blew her knee out doing PT. She was discharged because of it. Her last year she went to a private high school that WE paid for her tuition from 2007 - 2009. So we are trying to find canceled checks to prove we paid for it in the mean she has been disputing the debt and they have not proved she owes a debt but have started garnishments on her without providing proof despite the fact that she has disputed. They are telling her its up to her to prove she paid for the school. Appreciate any input.

No, the FDCPA applies to consumer debt transactions.

What agency is doing the garnishments? Transactions originating with a government agency are regulated by that agency. Is there an outside collection agency involved?

Edited by tmcgill

The last post in this topic was posted 1506 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.