Vendor Starter Accounts Question

The last post in this topic was posted 1681 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I kinda feel like I say the same thing every day!

The quantity of trades makes no difference.. Most businesses have maybe 5 or 6 trades.

Having a $5k and $500 trade is a lot better then 10 $50 trades. Paying a $50 or $100 bill really doesn't show that you can pay larger loans back like vehicles equipment etc.

I totally I understand what you have been saying. My thinking is just that 10 good trades reporting is better than 6 right?

I just got chase ink for 15k. What other cards would you recommend?

I plan on purchasing a couple vehicles without a PG. I would like an open credit line up to 100k

Nice. I love my Ink. I use it to buy GCs for 5% URs to all the places we eat out and shop at when it makes sense. How long ago did you get the Ink? Did you try recon for $30K yet? How linf have you been in business?

I would recommend the BOA Business World Points. If you travel or the BOA CashBack Rewards if you don't. Also, the Amex Simply Cash Business card is a must have that I do not yet have. The Simply Cash is Amex's version of a Chase Ink card.

Stay away from Capital One. It reports to personal and there is nothing so stellar about the product to warrant having it report to personal.

Okay great. Thank you for those tips. I got the Ink card last week. How can I recon to 30k? I have not done that.

I am going to apply for B of A next.

Are you saying the reason not to go with Capital One is the report to Personal? Is that only reason?

Since it doesn't show who the bank is when it reports , why is it better to have Amex?

The quantity of trades makes no difference.. Most businesses have maybe 5 or 6 trades.

Having a $5k and $500 trade is a lot better then 10 $50 trades. Paying a $50 or $100 bill really doesn't show that you can pay larger loans back like vehicles equipment etc.

I totally I understand what you have been saying. My thinking is just that 10 good trades reporting is better than 6 right?
Once you get over maybe 5 trades over $1k I don't really thinks it makes a huge difference.. When you have trades for $100k and 10 years in business you can get actual loans, CC's with out a PG.

Once you get over maybe 5 trades over $1k I don't really thinks it makes a huge difference.. When you have trades for $100k and 10 years in business you can get actual loans, CC's with out a PG.
Would you recommend buying or leasing automobiles?

You do say it everyday.

I plan on purchasing a couple vehicles without a PG. I would like an open credit line up to 100k

Nice. I love my Ink. I use it to buy GCs for 5% URs to all the places we eat out and shop at when it makes sense. How long ago did you get the Ink? Did you try recon for $30K yet? How linf have you been in business?

I would recommend the BOA Business World Points. If you travel or the BOA CashBack Rewards if you don't. Also, the Amex Simply Cash Business card is a must have that I do not yet have. The Simply Cash is Amex's version of a Chase Ink card.

Stay away from Capital One. It reports to personal and there is nothing so stellar about the product to warrant having it report to personal.

Okay great. Thank you for those tips. I got the Ink card last week. How can I recon to 30k? I have not done that.

I am going to apply for B of A next.

Are you saying the reason not to go with Capital One is the report to Personal? Is that only reason?

Since it doesn't show who the bank is when it reports , why is it better to have Amex?

Call Chase UW at 800 453 9719 and ask that your recently approved application be reconsidered for $30K. They will ask you questions about your business such as revenues, etc... Be prepared to answer financial questions about your business.

Capital One reports to personal reports. So it will lower your AAOA slightly and ding you for a new account. If you're gonna PG might as well be for a card which doesn't have a effect on your personal scores.

Amex is just a good bank to be with as a business person. They are a very solid bank and card issuer.

Don't call until after 9AM on Monday at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an issue that I was wondering how others overcame. First, I have good credit in the 700's. I have about $80,000 in personal credit cards with no missed payment most of which are a couple of 20K and most others are between 12k and 20k. Usage is under 20%. I also have 27k, 10k, and 5k business credit cards under 20%. They could all be under 10%, I would have to look. However, I am falling short on tradelines and business references. I just don't have anyone that I deal with really like that. Everywhere I go to get an account like that from a local store or a net 30 account ( I have no Net 30, 60, or 90 term accounts), they want a trade reference that is not a credit card or utility. It seems pointless to get a little $100 one or so. Any good ideas on where to get one that would actually give you a good enough one that it would make it worth my while? Also, I know it is what it is, but I am trying to figure out a way that I don't have to wait years to show that I have had trade references for years. (Waiting for the boo hoo's, lol) I'm wondering if there is a way to buy another companies or something like that. I've read about companies you can buy tradelines from, but I need tradelines that can be called and verified. Has anyone ever heard of companies that are in the same boat so to speak building a tradeline with each other? Obviously, these would not report anywhere.

I have 2 Chase personal cards. Saphire 20k limit that I have had for over 20 years and have never had a late payment. Freedom 10k that I have had for a year, no late payments. Was given 5k at first and was increased to 10k within three months after charging up to limit and paying off each month. I was declined for the INK card because of too many inquiries over the last 2 years. I have an Experian B score of 86 and DNB 82 with personal in the 700's. Do you think calling for recon would help?

I have 2 Chase personal cards. Saphire 20k limit that I have had for over 20 years and have never had a late payment. Freedom 10k that I have had for a year, no late payments. Was given 5k at first and was increased to 10k within three months after charging up to limit and paying off each month. I was declined for the INK card because of too many inquiries over the last 2 years. I have an Experian B score of 86 and DNB 82 with personal in the 700's. Do you think calling for recon would help?
Most definitely. I would and if declined, try again in a few days.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI. I just received a John Deere revolving card with a 10k limit and a Fleetcore Premium Universal Mastercard with a 5k limit with No Personal Guarantee.

Did you give your dob and ssn for John Deere as a pg?
When they ask for social security number just give them your EIN. DOB you can enter regularly.

I just applied for it. Will left you know when I hear something back...application final notes mentioned it's a 1 business day approval time... Decision sent through email...

Edited by DoctorREDD

FYI. I just received a John Deere revolving card with a 10k limit and a Fleetcore Premium Universal Mastercard with a 5k limit with No Personal Guarantee.

When they ask for social security number just give them your EIN. DOB you can enter regularly.

I just applied for it. Will left you know when I hear something back...application final notes mentioned it's a 1 business day approval time... Decision sent through email...

Either you enter your DOB or you don't, giving a wrong number is fraudulent AND it will now get thrown on your credit report and can cause other issues.

And yeah with your name and address they can and will pull your credit, they don't even need your DOB.

Either you enter your DOB or you don't, giving a wrong number is fraudulent AND it will now get thrown on your credit report and can cause other issues.

And yeah with your name and address they can and will pull your credit, they don't even need your DOB.

Very true, that's why I mentioned he should enter DOB regularly.

What's your thoughts on entering the EIN as your social ?

Anything besides your social is fraudulent.

Like I said they don't need your social or your DOB any way to pull, putting wrong info will just cause problems.

Your doing too much reading online on other sites where they tell you to put your EIN in place of social.

Anything besides your social is fraudulent.

Like I said they don't need your social or your DOB any way to pull, putting wrong info will just cause problems.

Your doing too much reading online on other sites where they tell you to put your EIN in place of social.

Would you recommend leaving both areas blank so as not to receive personal credit pulls?

Have you heard back? Like you, I have seen people say put EIN in place of SSN but it still results in personal credit pull, which I want to avoid until it is time for an authentic business cc.

What account are you guys applying for? If you apply for the commercial multi use it doesn't require a PG.

And again you don't put your EIN in place of your social!

You guys are reading too much junk online that doesn't work anyway!

Guest KristofsMom

What account are you guys applying for? If you apply for the commercial multi use it doesn't require a PG.

#PREACH BRBiz ;)

Thank you, that is what I was wondering (commercial) and I have never used EIN for SSN based on other information I have read. If creditboards was every beginner's first line of defense, there would never be such confusion but unfortunately, we end up here after reading a bunch of bad advice from faux business sites & blogs!

• 4 weeks later...

Have you heard back? Like you, I have seen people say put EIN in place of SSN but it still results in personal credit pull, which I want to avoid until it is time for an authentic business cc.

Got declined. Will go into a store location and apply.

The last post in this topic was posted 1681 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.