Sign in to follow this  
ldayton

Does Fifth Third Bank combine limits?

Does anyone happen to know if Fifth Third Bank will combine cc limits?

Planning to call and find out but thought I'd ask here first.

5th/3rd has a rather small footprint in the midwest there's not much data on them.

They didn't move into Charlotte NC in my area until the 08 meltdown, when they acquired a bank called First Charter.

5th/3rd has a rather small footprint in the midwest there's not much data on them.

They didn't move into Charlotte NC in my area until the 08 meltdown, when they acquired a bank called First Charter.

That's 5th/3rd's MO - they're big on M&A's. They gobbled up a bunch of small community banks here in Indiana after the cross-county laws were repealed in the late 1980's.

IDK but they have to silliest slogan: The Curious Bank...

Kinda makes ya wonder what they are curious about.

IDK but they have to silliest slogan: The Curious Bank...

Kinda makes ya wonder what they are curious about.

curiouser and curiouser!!!

Well, since the name translates to 6% of a bank . . .

you would expect them to have small footprint. 6% of the country sounds about right (parts of Florida, Indiana, Ohio)

And yes, I know that's not really how they created the bank name.

you would expect them to have small footprint. 6% of the country sounds about right (parts of Florida, Indiana, Ohio)

You just won the best post of May 2016 award.

You just won the best post of May 2016 award.

Wow, thanks! Coming from you, Hege, I'm very grateful. Hehehe.

5/3..... 6%???

Lol.

Used to have them in my small town. Was ultra conservative, branch manager was an Flower Pot... For Instance: Cousin of mine took his mortgage through them. Had a 20k limit card, he never used more than five grand when he was building his place. He says he PIF weekly. They ended up chopping his limit to 8K, claimed he had too much available credit.

On deposit with them he had over 100k cash. I never dealt with them more than an overdraft loc for checking.

HL

Interesting...they approved me for 2 cards in 1 day...both over my highest limit.

I did have a closed checking account with them that showed several years of regular deposits. Maybe that factored in. But I had lots of new accounts and inqs.

Edited by ldayton

Bumping this thread.

Next month I'm gonna try and combine my limits. Move the 4.5k from my cash rewards over to my 4k Trio.

Has anybody moved 5/3 limits? Obstacles? Hurdles?

Bumping this thread.

Next month I'm gonna try and combine my limits. Move the 4.5k from my cash rewards over to my 4k Trio.

Has anybody moved 5/3 limits? Obstacles? Hurdles?

I think you're our GP. :D

Let us know how it goes, and I'll update the master thread.

5th 3rd home base is here in cincinnati. I really dislike that bank they are terrible in all factors they and a smaller bank in comparison to the larger banks but they are terrible.

I still havent got around to trying this...I was told by phone csr to go into a branch. Curious to hear if it works for you. I figured id let my accounts age over a year.

Tommorow I'm going to a branch and try to combine. I tried over the phone for the hell of it, but the english was bad, and they kept trying to tranfer me over to the points dept. lol. I guess the CSR's don't know the difference between transfer of rewards points and credit limit combinations. LOL. I could care less about the points.

Data Point:

Don't try this over the phone.

I'll report more tomorrow.

Tommorow I'm going to a branch and try to combine. I tried over the phone for the hell of it, but the english was bad, and they kept trying to tranfer me over to the points dept. lol. I guess the CSR's don't know the difference between transfer of rewards points and credit limit combinations. LOL. I couldn't care less about the points.

Data Point:

Don't try this over the phone.

I'll report more tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. I'll watch for more.

No dice.

Branch manager was friendly. Said they don't combine accounts at this time. Stated I'm not the first to ask though. It's a common question they get asked.

She did make a phone call to someone up the food chain just incase policy has changed.

I'm not gonna give up though. I'll make this a side project to make it happpen.