New bill to overhaul credit reporting system and remove debt after four years

The last post in this topic was posted 1994 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero logic to you.But not if they are considering a bill to change it. You must be connected to a debt buyer or collection agency industry who would like people to suffer for eternity for their credit mistakes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They aren't. These types of bills don't pass.

CV is correct. As long as something factors into a predictive scoring model, it should stay. You are missing his point by wanting things to be "fair" instead of accurate.

It's not Just a question of fairness it's ridiculous to stay on 7 years where you can declare bankruptcy and it only stays on a extra 3 years. The system needs to be updated. Anyway if your penalise people credit report I agree their should be a time period but not 7 years that's too long .

It's not Just a question of fairness it's ridiculous to stay on 7 years where you can declare bankruptcy and it only stays on a extra 3 years. The system needs to be updated. Anyway if your penalise people credit report I agree their should be a time period but not 7 years that's too long .

But back to his point, what are you basing your opinion on? It's not based on credit scoring, but your perception of fairness.

Where's BobWang with those charts when you need him?

IIRC, he had a chart which showed the effects of various late payments over time. A 30 day late has a fairly negligible effect after a few years, but an effect nevertheless.

So if a 30 day stays on for 7 years, it really isn't the end of the world, score-wise. And if it creates a better, more accurate, predictive model of your future payment behavior, so be it. It's not really all that punitive after a few years anyway.

IIRC, he had a chart which showed the effects of various late payments over time. A 30 day late has a fairly negligible effect after a few years, but an effect nevertheless.

BobWang's FICO Score Effects v7.xlsx

I keep Bob's FICO spreadsheet linked in my signature. A fascinating and useful resource.

BobWang's FICO Score Effects v7.xlsx

I keep Bob's FICO spreadsheet linked in my signature. A fascinating and useful resource.

Thanks!

I'm on a MacBook, using Numbers (egads), so a little strange formatting. But did find the info on the cc+late tab. Strange, though, that the timeframe goes out to 20 years ... ??

I'll have to look more closely when I get to work and onto Excel....

The last post in this topic was posted 1994 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.