Sign in to follow this  
Konrad2012

NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Once approved for membership will they pull credit again if you apply for a credit card or other product or will they use the existing app within 30 days?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Once approved for membership will they pull credit again if you apply for a credit card or other product or will they use the existing app within 30 days?

You'll have TU HP for membership and you'll have another TU HP for their cashRewards CC if you decided to apply.

sent from encrypted device

They will pull for every single product regardless of time frame.

FYI .. I received my NFCU cashRewards 2 days ago and activated the card.

Today i received a notification directly from Experian that an Open CC was added to my report for the amount of $16,200 and my EX score jumped 13 points :) I'll take it lol

I received my NFCU information today. Interesting data points.

NFCU Score = 297 on a scale of 100-450

"Your NFCU credit score is a number that reflects information in your credit report. We used the NFCU credit score to set the terms of credit we are offering you. Your NFCU score can change depending on how your credit history changes."

"Key Factors that adversely affected you NFCU score:

Limited Credit Experience"

-(4.5 months of credit history)

"Average credit limit of open credit cards reported last 12 months"

-(Current credit limits in sig)

"Number of inquiries on credit bureau report"

-(5 before NFCU account and cashRewards and now 7 after. Transunion)

"No open credit union trades reported in the last 12 months."

So, as predicted my thin file and limited history are why I ended up with the "midrange" NFCU SL (14,300) and APR (15.15%).

Current FICO's are:

FICO 08

2/2017 TU 764

2/2017 EX 752

2/2017 EQ 743

Edited by precision

"Your NFCU credit score is a number that reflects information in your credit report. We used the NFCU credit score to set the terms of credit we are offering you. Your NFCU score can change depending on how your credit history changes."

So, as predicted my thin file and limited history are why I ended up with the "midrange" NFCU SL (14,300) and APR (15.15%).

Current FICO's are:

FICO 08

2/2017 TU 764

2/2017 EX 752

2/2017 EQ 743

Interesting Data precision .. I dont even know what NFCU score is supposed to mean? is it an internal scoring model?

According to the letter i received from them My NFCU score is 350 on a scale of 100-450

My FICO 08 are all in the lower 600s and NFCU gave me a $16,200 for 13%APR and its my 1st CC in years while i sill have Med Collections and 3 burnt cards with Citi, Cap1, and Wells Fargo (all paid off and settled after being Charged-Off) with several late payments on all of them.

Current FICO's are:

FICO 08

2/2017 TU 764

2/2017 EX 752

2/2017 EQ 743

Interesting Data precision .. I dont even know what NFCU score is supposed to mean? is it an internal scoring model?

According to the letter i received from them My NFCU score is 350 on a scale of 100-450

My FICO 08 are all in the lower 600s and NFCU gave me a $16,200 for 13%APR and its my 1st CC in years while i sill have Med Collections and 3 burnt cards with Citi, Cap1, and Wells Fargo (all paid off and settled after being Charged-Off) with several late payments on all of them.

Yes, it is their internal model. I have clean reports. That internal model seems like a crapshoot. lol.

Just to give an update.. Recap.

Applied according to OP.. nearly week later got acceptance email.. called got my info and started setting up account.. later in day.. account frozen.. said they needed info I already sent..

re-sent same info.. next day got another welcome email.. couldn't log in so called... told me to send info again, this time to a different email and call back in half hour... decided to give it full day.. called today.... took all info, including time and subject line of my email.. came back on phone.. sounded different.. asked if I had received an email confirming receipt of my email. I said yes. Then she says, well, it says they will get back to you in 5 days after they review the information. Call back Tuesday...

i don't know what I did or why but I seem to have flagged something.... I got debit card and code in mail today.. I don't know if I should chuck it or try to activate it.. I'll update how it plays out...

Just an aside, I saw some saying when they got their info from SDNL the name wasn't on there. I got my welcome letter and the heading of it does say San Diego Council really big. I didn't use a link to join. I went directly through the website..

Applied according to OP.. nearly week later got acceptance email.. called got my info and started setting up account.. later in day.. account frozen.. said they needed info I already sent..

re-sent same info.. next day got another welcome email.. couldn't log in so called... told me to send info again, this time to a different email and call back in half hour... decided to give it full day.. called today.... took all info, including time and subject line of my email.. came back on phone.. sounded different.. asked if I had received an email confirming receipt of my email. I said yes. Then she says, well, it says they will get back to you in 5 days after they review the information. Call back Tuesday...

i don't know what I did or why but I seem to have flagged something.... I got debit card and code in mail today.. I don't know if I should chuck it or try to activate it.. I'll update how it plays out...

Just an aside, I saw some saying when they got their info from SDNL the name wasn't on there. I got my welcome letter and the heading of it does say San Diego Council really big. I didn't use a link to join. I went directly through the website..

This is why I only encourage people to go the Enneffseeyou route when they have no better options.

You wouldn't put up with this kind of incompetence and horrific service from a dry cleaner, a babysitter, your barber, a veterinarian, your landscaper, a maid, a dentist, an auto mechanic, a tax preparer, a flight attendant, a masseuse, a dog sitter, the checkout clerk at the grocery store, the local postmaster, your lawn service, a dermatologist, a lifeguard, an electrician, an attorney, a dog walker, your kid's pediatrician, an acupuncturist, or most shepherds.

This is why I only encourage people to go the Enneffseeyou route when they have no better options.

You wouldn't put up with this kind of incompetence and horrific service from a dry cleaner, a babysitter, your barber, a veterinarian, your landscaper, a maid, a dentist, an auto mechanic, a tax preparer, a flight attendant, a masseuse, a dog sitter, the checkout clerk at the grocery store, the local postmaster, your lawn service, a dermatologist, a lifeguard, an electrician, an attorney, a dog walker, your kid's pediatrician, an acupuncturist, or most shepherds.

I don't think I saw his/her method. Your absolutely correct, which is why I most likely won't call back. I'm over it either way.

However, As opposed to just saying "I'm having a crap experience, or they suck" .. I'm updating as detailed as possible because I know I appreciate when others give detailed experiences, and resolutions or lack thereof.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Can anyone join NFCU dirty or should you wait till your reports are clean? And if you join dirty, what kind of services can you expect?

NFCU just sent me 2 complimentary (no charge) movie tickets for Kong: Skull Island. The showing is on March 8. Pretty kool !!

Wow joining was easier than I thought. I emailed PDF's of my NFCU membership application, a copy of my Navy League (San Diego) membership and a copy of my drivers license last week. Hadn't heard anything, got someone really nice on the phone, next thing you know...BAM I am a member! They could not have been nicer. I funded my $5 deposit while on the phone as well. I was in my car and the people next to me didn't understand why a grown man was crying tears of joy LOL. I am going to wait a few more days then will apply for a credit card. I am hoping for a minimum of 15-20k. We shall see. Thanks to everyone for the tips/advice on joining. You guys rock!

Wow joining was easier than I thought. I emailed PDF's of my NFCU membership application, a copy of my Navy League (San Diego) membership and a copy of my drivers license last week. Hadn't heard anything, got someone really nice on the phone, next thing you know...BAM I am a member! They could not have been nicer. I funded my $5 deposit while on the phone as well. I was in my car and the people next to me didn't understand why a grown man was crying tears of joy LOL. I am going to wait a few more days then will apply for a credit card. I am hoping for a minimum of 15-20k. We shall see. Thanks to everyone for the tips/advice on joining. You guys rock!

You can apply right away. You don't have to wait, if you don't want to.

I am ex Army National Guard but when I attempt to apply via their website, it won't take my discharge date (5/2000). Do they only take ex military who were recently discharged? (Yes, I was honorably discharged after finishing my time).

I am ex Army National Guard but when I attempt to apply via their website, it won't take my discharge date (5/2000). Do they only take ex military who were recently discharged? (Yes, I was honorably discharged after finishing my time).

I believe you have to either be active duty or retired from the service (receiving a pension) to qualify via service, but I think the Navy League of SD option is still open

I have personal and business checking accounts at a local bank and I keep $2500 in the rarely used personal checking account which waives the fees on both accounts.

I'm trying to get away from minimum balance requirements. Should I move the business checking to NFCU or Capital One Spark? I'm already an NFCU member.

I have personal and business checking accounts at a local bank and I keep $2500 in the rarely used personal checking account which waives the fees on both accounts.

I'm trying to get away from minimum balance requirements. Should I move the business checking to NFCU or Capital One Spark? I'm already an NFCU member.

Do you have a NFCU branch near you?

If you do it should be a no brainer.

I do not so I have my biz checking with a local CU.

IMHO it would be hard to manage a biz checking without a local branch. I almost switched a few months ago and I thought about the What ifs?

Capital One Spark is a biz credit card not a biz account however Cap One does offer biz accounts but once again I wouldn't do it unless I lived by a local branch.

If all else fails check into a local CU for your business checking needs.

Edited by steelers1

My FICO is about 550 (I'm just starting my credit journey). I assume I should wait a while before applying for their credit card?

Don't wait .. go for it as instructed in this thread's 1st page. They are friendly and generous than any other banks or CU that can offer someone with low FICO score. Build your credit and start your journey right and NFCU is absolutely the right starting point. Go for it and good luck.

sent from encrypted device

I believe you have to either be active duty or retired from the service (receiving a pension) to qualify via service, but I think the Navy League of SD option is still open

I believe NFCU is now open to all vets

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=586533&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Do you have a NFCU branch near you?

If you do it should be a no brainer.

I do not so I have my biz checking with a local CU.

IMHO it would be hard to manage a biz checking without a local branch. I almost switched a few months ago and I thought about the What ifs?

Capital One Spark is a biz credit card not a biz account however Cap One does offer biz accounts but once again I wouldn't do it unless I lived by a local branch.

If all else fails check into a local CU for your business checking needs.

Spark Business Checking

What I really would like to know is to who NFCU reports business accounts. I already have Amex reporting to Experian Business so might as well get stuff reporting to D&B and Equifax.

I've been looking at this topic for some time, and I think I'm going to join via the NLUS San Diego membership - however, a quick question, is applying by mail mandatory, or can I apply in person at a branch? There are a few not too far from me (including one a block from where I live)

Thanks!