NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $14,300.00. Your APR will be 15.15%.

They of course pulled TU and it is currently at 755 (08) with 6 inquiries at the time. I wonder what I might have gotten when it was 833. I had 6 new accounts reporting in the last 4 months but in actuality 2 were not reporting yet so there were 8 new accounts. Now I have 9 accounts and I truly don't feel the need to app for anything else at this point.

I have no baddies but I have a young file with now 9 new accounts in 4 months. It probably played a role in my SL as well as my APR.

Let's hope I can grow the limit and reduce the APR over time.

UPDATE:

Limit is $3,600. APR 17.15%.

Ill take that. After 3 months, its my understanding that I can easily seek to bump that up.

Very very pleased right now!

Again CONGRATS !!!!! Your in the door now so in 90 days or so i hear you can request a increase and there usually very generous with that, I was accepted 3 days ago myself. :yahoo:

Congrats to you!!!

That's the hope! in 3 months, ill request an increase!

Thanl you ! I will also request a increase in 3 months . We can remind eachother lol

Consider it done! I literally set a reminder on google calender haha!

My status today :yahoo:

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $16,200 Your APR will be 13.15%. Expect your credit card within 5-7 business days for regular mail delivery; expedited shipping times vary based on location.

I totally get the concept of YMMV but this is INSANE .. I just got approved for their CashRewards with $16,200 limit (my 1st CC in 2 yrs and yes I live and deal with cash only).

Wanna know why its insane? here is why:

-I confirm NFCU pulled my TU for the CC first of all

-My FAKO --> Credit Karma Score = 670

-My FICO --> Credit Check Total Score = 573

-I have 3 Negative CO accounts (Paid and closed)

-I have 1 car loan (current and good standing)

-I have 1 Sears Card as AU and I don't even use it (its owned by my mother in law and She's helping me so I inherited her 29yrs old good history).

For you out there .. NFCU is the real deal and I am so Thankful they gave me another chance to rebuild .. I won't EVER screw this up. Just in 90 days i will request their CLI for 24K :grin:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Congratulations!! Is it 90 days from approval before requesting the CLI? And is 24k a magic number?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

EDITE:

Its 91 days (right after the 3rd statement cut) go a head and request your CLI.

for CashRewards i guess the 24K is the magic or nice limit :)

Edited by Mido

Congratulations!! Is it 90 days from approval before requesting the CLI? And is 24k a magic number?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's $25K. NFCU doesn't require proof of income up to $25K on a given card. Above that, they might. YMMV.

You can have more than one card at $25K, though.

Edited by TampaDude

Does anyone know if the CLI request after 3 statements is a SP or a HP?

READ THIS (Very Helpful)

NFCU CLI Thread --> https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524781

If you request the CLI right after they do their quarterly AR pull (SP), there is usually no HP, otherwise there usually is a HP.

Also, ALWAYS ask for $25K. They will counter if you don't qualify for the full $25K.

What if your initial limit was set at 24k what should you first request after the 3rd statement cuts be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can request $50K but you will have to provide proof of income and it will most likely be HP.

What if your initial limit was set at 24k what should you first request after the 3rd statement cuts be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I would apply for another NFCU card. If you have the Cash Rewards already, get a Go Rewards or a Flagship. You can get up to $25K with no POI on each card.

Does anyone know if the CLI request after 3 statements is a SP or a HP?

READ THIS (Very Helpful)

NFCU CLI Thread --> https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524781

If you request the CLI right after they do their quarterly AR pull (SP), there is usually no HP, otherwise there usually is a HP.

Also, ALWAYS ask for $25K. They will counter if you don't qualify for the full $25K.

Thank your for this as well.

Besides my approval for $16,200

My DW applied yesterday when i told her i got approved and they pulled her TU .. got approved today for $14,300 (her 1st CC in yearss)

her FAKO Score (Credit Karma = 766)

1 CO wells fargo card

1 AU sears mastercard

1 Closed Bank of america card.

5 Hard Inquiries.

NFCU is pretty generous and giving a hand for people rebuilding their credit.

TU04 which NFCU uses has to be higher then 573.

You're right.

I checked my last Credit report my mortgage company pulled back in 12/2016 (I was applying for mortgage) and it was Transunion FICO (04) Score: 624

Still pretty low IMO but i'm thankful :)

Hi,

I have a question, How long should I wait before calling to inquire. I sent a request early last week following OP instructions. I wonder if I'll have issues because haven't been in my new home more than 2 years. I included my DL and the DL update card my state gives (PA), An old utility bill and new one from both homes plus my SSc and the receipt for joining the San Diego Navy League. Do you think not being in my home for more than 2 years will cause an issue?

Also once you guys got approved, how long before you apped for a product? I'm interested in a rewards card and a CLOC.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question, How long should I wait before calling to inquire. I sent a request early last week following OP instructions. I wonder if I'll have issues because haven't been in my new home more than 2 years. I included my DL and the DL update card my state gives (PA), An old utility bill and new one from both homes plus my SSc and the receipt for joining the San Diego Navy League. Do you think not being in my home for more than 2 years will cause an issue?

Also once you guys got approved, how long before you apped for a product? I'm interested in a rewards card and a CLOC.

Thanks

The membership department is completely incompetent, second only to their security people.

They've probably lost your paperwork. Call first thing in the morning and ask for a status, and be prepared to submit everything again. At least once.

Hi,

Thanks

Due to a few online articles in the past few weeks outlining how to join NFCU with no military affiliation they are really back logged. I would suggest that you call in and have them attempt to find your application.

I emailed my materials in on a Monday and they still had not gotten to the next Friday when I called in. The rep I spoke to called the membership department and they tracked down my email and finished the app on the spot.

As for what, when and how you should apply for any products you should probably provide stats like current FICO's, state of credit reports and what you currently have.

Hi,

Thanks

Due to a few online articles in the past few weeks outlining how to join NFCU with no military affiliation they are really back logged. I would suggest that you call in and have them attempt to find your application.

I emailed my materials in on a Monday and they still had not gotten to the next Friday when I called in. The rep I spoke to called the membership department and they tracked down my email and finished the app on the spot.

As for what, when and how you should apply for any products you should probably provide stats like current FICO's, state of credit reports and what you currently have.

Thanks,

I woke this morning to an acceptance email finally!!

In terms of what I'm looking for and my stats..

My Ficos according to Barclay, and Citi are 716, and 719.

My report is clean on EX and TU. I disputed my final Baddie this week from FP, due to fall off 3/07/17. EX and TU did it immediately, EQ says pending until 3/10. I want to also app to Penfed but I'm going to wait for all clear as they like clean reports. (so I hear)

I figured since I already have the hard pull for joining NFCU I may as well take advantage and app for a CLOC and the Go Rewards or Flagship Rewards card. My goals are, higher limits, rewards cards. Not really interested in chain specific. I don't fly often, points would most often go to hotels etc. My goal when rebuilding was always rewards cards but no one would give me any. Finally I think I have a shot at them!

Card/limit/balance

Barclay 1400-0

Cap1 GM Card 1500-1000 (will be paid off next month)

Cap1 QS - 5000-0 (hit the button for cli, no go, stated not enough usage. I do use the card a lot, small balances, pay off quick, may recon, also combine QS1 with this)

Cap1 QS1-3300-0 (Pans to combine this with the QS soon. It carries an AF)

CitiCard 3000-2300 (Plans to pay down soon, 0 till 2018)

Discover 2100-0 (pushed luv button.. got no luv)

PNC 1000-0

SDFCU 500-0

Lowes-9000-4000

Sams Club-3600-0

Value City Furn. 1500-0

Home Depot 500-0

Car loan with SDFCU, mortgage with PNC and a student loan. Thats pretty much it.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks,

My report is clean on EX and TU. I disputed my final Baddie this week from FP, due to fall off 3/07/17. EX and TU did it immediately, EQ says pending until 3/10. I want to also app to Penfed but I'm going to wait for all clear as they like clean reports. (so I hear)

I figured since I already have the hard pull for joining NFCU I may as well take advantage and app for a CLOC and the Go Rewards or Flagship Rewards card. My goals are, higher limits, rewards cards. Not really interested in chain specific. I don't fly often, points would most often go to hotels etc. My goal when rebuilding was always rewards cards but no one would give me any. Finally I think I have a shot at them!

Card/limit/balance

Barclay 1400-0

Cap1 QS - 5000-0 (hit the button for cli, no go, stated not enough usage. I do use the card a lot, small balances, pay off quick, may recon, also combine QS1 with this)

PNC 1000-0

SDFCU 500-0

Lowes-9000-4000

Sams Club-3600-0

Value City Furn. 1500-0

Home Depot 500-0

Car loan with SDFCU, mortgage with PNC and a student loan. Thats pretty much it.

If you are looking for travel points or the best rewards cards you're barking up the wrong tree.

Hi,

Thanks

The membership department is completely incompetent, second only to their security people.

They've probably lost your paperwork. Call first thing in the morning and ask for a status, and be prepared to submit everything again. At least once.

You were so RIGHT!! I woke up to approval letter. Called in for my number and password, logged in, set up account, everything fine.

Got email few hours later that I had a document waiting. Tried to log in, account locked. Called. Rep says, they need a copy of your drivers license and a bill. uuuum I sent that with my receipt AND application. She calls security department who placed the hold and they say yes, I sent it, however they hadn't asked for it at that time. So now I need to send proof of address and my drivers license..... again.... Are you kidding me!!

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks,

Card/limit/balance

Barclay 1400-0

PNC 1000-0

SDFCU 500-0

Lowes-9000-4000

Sams Club-3600-0

Value City Furn. 1500-0

Home Depot 500-0

If you are looking for travel points or the best rewards cards you're barking up the wrong tree.

Care to elaborate and suggest a few that might work with my profile?

Lostnspace: They locked my accounts after I called them to inform them that they set me up in their system as a female, despite what my DL and passport say. This is after submitting everything at least twice after it was lost.

In order to unlock my accounts I had to send them everything again.

You might start a thread of its own to get targeted advice on the best rewards card for you. Make sure to mention whether you are looking for cash back or travel rewards, and also an idea of the categories of purchases that comprise the bulk of your spending.

You should have lots of good options. D

Lostnspace: They locked my accounts after I called them to inform them that they set me up in their system as a female, despite what my DL and passport say. This is after submitting everything at least twice after it was lost.

In order to unlock my accounts I had to send them everything again.

You might start a thread of its own to get targeted advice on the best rewards card for you. Make sure to mention whether you are looking for cash back or travel rewards, and also an idea of the categories of purchases that comprise the bulk of your spending.

You should have lots of good options. D

Thank you!