NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Hi everyone, I need some advice please ...?

I joined NFCU a couple years back thought I qualified thru board thru my stepdad being in service / army and after getting a ploc and applying for a biz account they asked for discharge papers for my step dad which i submitted..

Turned out for what ever technical reason i didn't qualify..I have a letter i think somewhere but i didn't fight it.

I been following this thread / topic and joined navy league as instructed and actually mailed my entire package in today. I now see others faxed and emailed, but i am already in motion with this express mail package to address on application.I included all data plus a check for opening of savings for $5

My questions that I need help with hopefully are:

1) I expect they will run my TU when they are processing the application , hopefully although i have read another person say they got approved b4 they ran the CR / TU..Last time I applied online I also selected ploc which was instantly approved.

How does the process work now that I mailed my application, I understand they will prob run my tu when membership processes my app then reach out prob via us mail. I am hooping the original pull will still be good / why wouldn't it by the time I get online access..But suggestions woudl be appreciated, also my eq is lower than my tu so I am worried I might also get a additional eq pull by requesting the ploc after approval although I do have a freeze on my eq.

2) Does anyone suggest I email my data and attachments over later tonight or early am which will supersede the express mail that wont actually land until Wednesday, so that i can get online access quicker thereby avoid the snail mail delay of utilizing my tu hard pull for membership etc?I m also trying to beat some charges reporting soon lowering my score more because of utilization but I have no other baddie except high usage which im trying to lower as it affects my scores.

3) Finally with the tu hard pull what combos of credit products am I eligible for without another hard pull..I know sometimes you can apply for multiple products within 30 days of the same pull with different banks etc ( I might be OK with getting 2 smaller credit limit products and asking for increases later if suggested / although it seems logically the more new lines you get the newer your average trade lines are which could also lower score but I don't know the percentage)?

Thank everyone here in advance for everything including all the past help and knowledge I learned!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Im in ! I filled out the application to the exact specifications as suggested by o.p. and in less than 24 hours later im a member and along with being approved for a credit card for $14,700 with a APR of 12.9% with a transunion fico score of 689 with 4 baddies that where 4-6 years old. 5 positive accounts . I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!

Congratulations!

So, I joined a couple weeks ago. I logged in with online access for the first time last night and applied for a card. It said my application had been received and is being processed, which takes on average 24 hours. Today, I received a text saying I am approved and I was given about a 5 business day lead time to receive the card. However, the account does not show in my online access and when I check status of pending applications it says that no applications exist for my account. How often is their website updated? How soon will I know what my credit line is?

Edited by spacemule

So, I joined a couple weeks ago. I logged in with online access for the first time last night and applied for a card. It said my application had been received and is being processed, which takes on average 24 hours. Today, I received a text saying I am approved and I was given about a 5 business day lead time to receive the card. However, the account does not show in my online access and when I check status of pending applications it says that no applications exist for my account. How often is their website updated? How soon will I know what my credit line is?

I seem to remember every step at NFCU taking at least a day or two longer than I thought it might.

When in doubt phone call. It's 24 hours and you get answers

Im in ! I filled out the application to the exact specifications as suggested by o.p. and in less than 24 hours later im a member and along with being approved for a credit card for $14,700 with a APR of 12.9% with a transunion fico score of 689 with 4 baddies that where 4-6 years old. 5 positive accounts . I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!

Congratulations!

Well i think i may have over did it with NFCU ....i applied for another for one more of there cards just after getting approved 24 hrs prior and got declined via the there website . Did i mess up ?

Congratulations!

Well i think i may have over did it with NFCU ....i applied for another for one more of there cards just after getting approved 24 hrs prior and got declined via the there website . Did i mess up ?
Slow down & breathe...A decline for the second card only needs to get you to apply the brakes. It's very easy to get too eager & app unwisely. Many of us have done it:)

Well, the account shows up online today. I got the cash rewards. Credit line is 12,100. Interest rate is 12%. Still have 13 bankruptcy reporting, filed in 2011, and several 6 year old lates. This is my second biggest limit.

I was wondering about navy league eligibility. Looks like the $25 membership fee is good for one year. Is that something that has to be renewed every year to maintain eligibility, or is eligibility only required on entrance into NFCU?

Applied and approved for the account! Checking and Savings open. Did this through Navy League.

Also applied for Credit Card (cash rewards) - Confirmed TU pull for card. Stated EQ pull for CLOC. I applied for the card only. My TU is 639 fako (Credit Karma), so im not sure how that's going to go. 2 Baddies, some harsh SL Lates from 6 months ago (120 day), but other than that, few good open accounts, and the 2 baddies are small med accounts.

Here's hoping for the CC approval.

CLOC not yet... my EQ report is crap. 550, same things on there, except an account that literally ive never heard of, so that one, is still under work.

Im in NFCU! :yahoo:

Edited by Acehawk74

Applied and approved for the account! Checking and Savings open. Did this through Navy League.

Also applied for Credit Card (cash rewards) - Confirmed TU pull for card. Stated EQ pull for CLOC. I applied for the card only. My TU is 639 fako (Credit Karma), so im not sure how that's going to go. 2 Baddies, some harsh SL Lates from 6 months ago (120 day), but other than that, few good open accounts, and the 2 baddies are small med accounts.

CLOC not yet... my EQ report is crap. 550, same things on there, except an account that literally ive never heard of, so that one, is still under work.

Congrats !!!!! Also what was your credit limit ?

Congrats !!!!! Also what was your credit limit ?

I actually don't know, as I wasn't approved yet... but being reviewed.

However.... I just got a text 2 hours later.

"(NFCU UPDATE) You're approved! Expect your credit card within 5-7 business days for regular mail delivery, etc."

YES!!!! :dance:

I'll report back when I find my limit out!

UPDATE:

Limit is $3,600. APR 17.15%.

Ill take that. After 3 months, its my understanding that I can easily seek to bump that up.

Very very pleased right now!

Again CONGRATS !!!!! Your in the door now so in 90 days or so i hear you can request a increase and there usually very generous with that, I was accepted 3 days ago myself. :yahoo:

UPDATE:

Ill take that. After 3 months, its my understanding that I can easily seek to bump that up.

Again CONGRATS !!!!! Your in the door now so in 90 days or so i hear you can request a increase and there usually very generous with that, I was accepted 3 days ago myself. :yahoo:

Congrats to you!!!

That's the hope! in 3 months, ill request an increase!

UPDATE:

Congrats to you!!!

Thanl you ! I will also request a increase in 3 months . We can remind eachother lol

UPDATE:

Congrats to you!!!

Thanl you ! I will also request a increase in 3 months . We can remind eachother lol

Consider it done! I literally set a reminder on google calender haha!

This is all good info. Must moved 1/2 across the country and the new house has a NFCU branch nearby. I may also look into having my Father in Law join, then add us.

That's what you got from this thread?

Pretty much! Actually, I learned a lot, but I was under the assumption the military member has to have an account, not just be eligible. I walked into a branch, they asked II was DOD or Military and I told them my father was retired Army. They didn't even ask for proof.

OK so it seems that if you had a parent in the military like I did or my father in law as well... Wouldn't that make you eligible for a membership as well or am I reading that incorrect? Nfcu or penfed both?

If they retired (meaning they stayed in long enough to collect a pension) you can get eligibility that way. But it will involve getting supporting documentation to prove their status and your relationship. The NLSD method is much easier, and doesn't involve pestering your father or father in law to produce their documentation. Well worth the 25 bucks in most cases I would believe.

Spoke with penfed on Friday. With my father in law being ex military my wife does qualify to become a member that way.

No proof needed they just take your word.

OK so it seems that if you had a parent in the military like I did or my father in law as well... Wouldn't that make you eligible for a membership as well or am I reading that incorrect? Nfcu or penfed both?

If they retired (meaning they stayed in long enough to collect a pension) you can get eligibility that way. But it will involve getting supporting documentation to prove their status and your relationship. The NLSD method is much easier, and doesn't involve pestering your father or father in law to produce their documentation. Well worth the 25 bucks in most cases I would believe.

Spoke with penfed on Friday. With my father in law being ex military my wife does qualify to become a member that way.

wow. seriously???

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $14,300.00. Your APR will be 15.15%.

They of course pulled TU and it is currently at 755 (08) with 6 inquiries at the time. I wonder what I might have gotten when it was 833. I had 6 new accounts reporting in the last 4 months but in actuality 2 were not reporting yet so there were 8 new accounts. Now I have 9 accounts and I truly don't feel the need to app for anything else at this point.

I have no baddies but I have a young file with now 9 new accounts in 4 months. It probably played a role in my SL as well as my APR.

Let's hope I can grow the limit and reduce the APR over time.

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $14,300.00. Your APR will be 15.15%.

They of course pulled TU and it is currently at 755 (08) with 6 inquiries at the time. I wonder what I might have gotten when it was 833. I had 6 new accounts reporting in the last 4 months but in actuality 2 were not reporting yet so there were 8 new accounts. Now I have 9 accounts and I truly don't feel the need to app for anything else at this point.

I have no baddies but I have a young file with now 9 new accounts in 4 months. It probably played a role in my SL as well as my APR.

Let's hope I can grow the limit and reduce the APR over time.

Congrats Precision.

wow. seriously???

Yes seriously lol