NFCU is open to everybody!?!

I'm in Florida and they pulled TU for membership and cc. I didn't go for the cloc as EQ took a hit when my only open account reported. TU was 541 last week when they pulled for membership. Yesterday my 300.00 Capital one reported and creditwise gave me a 646. I went for the GoRewards and got instant approval for $1k. I'm laughing at the limit as I type it but it is my second card in about ten years. I'm grateful and I have one PR from 2010 and closed student loans with 120 days late. I wanted in with NFCU while I work on those. Thanks to this board, I'm in and have the opportunity for real growth, not stuck in toy card hell like I was ten years ago.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Im wondering if I should freeze EQ since its significantly worse than my TU... im at 640 with pending GW letters out for my sl late payements where as EQ as I said is much lower.

I had my EQ frozen because it was my worst score and I was in the middle of repairing it too.

NFCU wouldn't finish processing my cloc application without reviewing EQ. Had to unfreeze it and was denied the cloc.

I'm in Florida and they pulled TU for membership and cc. I didn't go for the cloc as EQ took a hit when my only open account reported. TU was 541 last week when they pulled for membership. Yesterday my 300.00 Capital one reported and creditwise gave me a 646. I went for the GoRewards and got instant approval for $1k. I'm laughing at the limit as I type it but it is my second card in about ten years. I'm grateful and I have one PR from 2010 and closed student loans with 120 days late. I wanted in with NFCU while I work on those. Thanks to this board, I'm in and have the opportunity for real growth, not stuck in toy card hell like I was ten years ago.

It will grow, congrats

Im wondering if I should freeze EQ since its significantly worse than my TU... im at 640 with pending GW letters out for my sl late payements where as EQ as I said is much lower.

I had my EQ frozen because it was my worst score and I was in the middle of repairing it too.

NFCU wouldn't finish processing my cloc application without reviewing EQ. Had to unfreeze it and was denied the cloc.

So they pulled EQ for you for the CLOC?

Well, I can always try. If denied, do you happen to know how long the "hard pull" is good for?

So they pulled EQ for you for the CLOC?

Well, I can always try. If denied, do you happen to know how long the "hard pull" is good for?

I applied for the credit card first. A week later I applied for the cloc. The rep in the branch told me they use the same pull for 30 days - this was UNTRUE in my experience.

I had a pull for the credit card - approved.

Another pull for the cloc - denied.

They did not counter, so I reapplied for the minimum amount, which resulted in another hard pull even though it was only one day later - still denied.

That was my experience.

Edited by Savannah1

What was everyone's turnaround for them opening the account? I'm short in the cycle, just wondering, as im trying to know when to expect to reach out to them. Few days? Week? Week(s)?

Back when I joined in June, I emailed everything early in the morning like 6-7am if I recall correctly and I heard back the same day like 1-2pm saying my membership has been opened. But reading here and on Myfico I appear to be in the minority it seems like.

What was everyone's turnaround for them opening the account? I'm short in the cycle, just wondering, as im trying to know when to expect to reach out to them. Few days? Week? Week(s)?

Back when I joined in June, I emailed everything early in the morning like 6-7am if I recall correctly and I heard back the same day like 1-2pm saying my membership has been opened. But reading here and on Myfico I appear to be in the minority it seems like.

It took me 3 days (from January 4-7, 2017) and that's because I waited two before ringing their phone off the hook until they said, "Welcome to Navy Federal Credit Union!" :clapping:Keep calling every hour until your approved. Good luck!

It took me 3 days (from January 4-7, 2017) and that's because I waited two before ringing their phone off the hook until they said, "Welcome to Navy Federal Credit Union!" :clapping:Keep calling every hour until your approved. Good luck!

It took me 3 BUSINESS days from the time i emailed them all required documents. Don't wait for their email to welcome you to the NFCU. Just a day or two after you emailed them your docs give them a call and they will finalize your process over the phone and welcome you to the NFCU (if all is good) and they will give you the access number over the phone (That's exactly what happened with me).

I don't know how you guys are getting things done over the phone. Do you remember who you talked to so I can ask for them? I've been calling multiple times a day for the past 8 days and as of 5 minutes ago they told me they would have it processed within 5 to 7 days.

I spoke with a Frankie and a Holly and they were both very helpful. Sorry it's taking so long for you. I'm sure it's going to happen any day for you.

Seriously??

sent from encrypted device

I signed up 6 months ago because i was in the army 20+ years ago and i was immediately approved for a credit card for 18000. 3 days later my access was revoked but i still had the card. I read the article and did exactly what it said and sent an email to show my membership. i called the next day to ask for the status. it was reviewed and my access was restored. I then asked for a credit limit increase and was granted 4000 more and now have a total of 22000 plus was approved for another card 12000. Even though my access was revoked I was still able to use my account on limited bases so therefore I was able to send them the email and attach the membership proof. It really does work!!!!

See, I am bumping this thread you see, specifically for Sidewinder to see.

If I were Sidewinder see, I would just follow the instructions in the very first post.

But I am not Sidewinder, and he might enjoy seeing CV's torrid love affair with NF See U

Edited by Konrad2012

OK so it seems that if you had a parent in the military like I did or my father in law as well... Wouldn't that make you eligible for a membership as well or am I reading that incorrect? Nfcu or penfed both?

Edited by wj2005

OK so it seems that if you had a parent in the military like I did or my father in law as well... Wouldn't that make you eligible for a membership as well or am I reading that incorrect? Nfcu or penfed both?

If they retired (meaning they stayed in long enough to collect a pension) you can get eligibility that way. But it will involve getting supporting documentation to prove their status and your relationship. The NLSD method is much easier, and doesn't involve pestering your father or father in law to produce their documentation. Well worth the 25 bucks in most cases I would believe.

The tax deduction doesn't help us since we take the standard.

Also her father was collection disability from the army being 100% disabled 100% benefits from the VA but he passed away about 4 years ago.

I did read somewhere that someone called into them stating that there deceased father was in the military and was granted membership.

If I were you I would read the membership eligibility section on their website. Then I would call customer service and give them the specific details of your situation, ask them if you are qualified for membership, then ask them what documentation they would need to process your application.

If I were you I would read the membership eligibility section on their website. Then I would call customer service and give them the specific details of your situation, ask them if you are qualified for membership, then ask them what documentation they would need to process your application.

I was thinking about that as well... Sometimes you read what they have listed differently then what they are really looking for. Easier to just contact them.

Im in ! I filled out the application to the exact specifications as suggested by o.p. and in less than 24 hours later im a member and along with being approved for a credit card for $14,700 with a APR of 12.9% with a transunion fico score of 689 with 4 baddies that where 4-6 years old. 5 positive accounts . I CANT BELIEVE IT !!!