NFCU is open to everybody!?!

When filling out the paper application for NFCU what are you supposed to put for Section B. Membership Eligibility, and Section C. Affiliation?

Section B. Membership Eligibility: Association/Community/Company --> Navy League San Diego

Section C. : Leave it blank (Unless any of them applies to you)

Section D. : Leave it blank (Unless any of them applies to you)

Great, thank you

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Just submitted everything through email last night. I tried to call in today because I am impatient and the woman I talked to said she didn't see my application anywhere and said they probably haven't started processing it and to call back in 3-5 business days. I really hate waiting :(

Just submitted everything through email last night. I tried to call in today because I am impatient and the woman I talked to said she didn't see my application anywhere and said they probably haven't started processing it and to call back in 3-5 business days. I really hate waiting :(

I think by this evening or tomorrow morning you will be visible on their system.

It takes a good 24hrs for the system to scan your attachments for viruses and process your documents and an extra business day to issue an access number.

I assume by Saturday you should be in and ready to go.

I think by this evening or tomorrow morning you will be visible on their system.

It takes a good 24hrs for the system to scan your attachments for viruses and process your documents and an extra business day to issue an access number.

I assume by Saturday you should be in and ready to go.

Ok sounds good. It had only been about 12 hours since I sent the email.

Update: Called in again to check on my membership application and they still hadn't even started. The woman I spoke to finally found my email and said that they were sending my application for processing and review. Given the same 3-5 day time frame. I wish I had a local branch I could just go into.

Update: Called in again to check on my membership application and they still hadn't even started. The woman I spoke to finally found my email and said that they were sending my application for processing and review. Given the same 3-5 day time frame. I wish I had a local branch I could just go into.

Keep calling until the CSR you speak with will not stop until your membership is approved. Most of them are awesome and will go the extra mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check for a TU hard pull. I got an alert they pulled on 1-9 and waited patiently. No email as of today so I called. Welcome to Navy Federal. They already had a debit card ordered. Patience is not my strong suit...

Congrats!

Check for a TU hard pull. I got an alert they pulled on 1-9 and waited patiently. No email as of today so I called. Welcome to Navy Federal. They already had a debit card ordered. Patience is not my strong suit...

How do you check for a hard pull? Do you mean just on credit karma?

I got Credit Karma notifying me of HP on my TU

sent from encrypted device

I got Credit Karma notifying me of HP on my TU

They only update every 7 days though right?

Correct. Credit Karma updates every 7 days.

Credit Karma updates as often as there is a major change to your credit report, too.

If you get a new account added or a hard inquiry, CK will update regardless of whether or not seven days have passed since your last update.

Correct. Credit Karma updates every 7 days.

Credit Karma updates as often as there is a major change to your credit report, too.

If you get a new account added or a hard inquiry, CK will update regardless of whether or not seven days have passed since your last update.

Then i do apologize for the misinformation. I relied solely on my CK experience.

I forgot to ask, when I call back in do I just ask about the application status and hope the csr is willing to process it or do I flat out ask the csr to process it while I'm on the phone?

Just call and then them that you've called several times and you've gone back and forth. Tell them every document they've asked you to send/resend you've complied. See if they take it from there to go the distance for you. If not HUCA.

I forgot to ask, when I call back in do I just ask about the application status and hope the csr is willing to process it or do I flat out ask the csr to process it while I'm on the phone?

Just call and then them that you've called several times and you've gone back and forth. Tell them every document they've asked you to send/resend you've complied. See if they take it from there to go the distance for you. If not HUCA.

It is astonishing what you have to endure to join, but it's generally worth it if you are rebuilding.

Once you have some momentum, it's then a great place to outgrow and then move on.

Hang in there, but don't settle for this crap for five seconds once you have better options.

Emailed the Navy League San Diego email (Not the one with my member #, but the one that I got with initial signup), 2 forms of ID (SS/DL), Electric Bill, signed app to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org .

Curious how this plays out. Do they exclusively pull TU for App and TU for credit + CLOC? Im in Florida for what its worth... finding conflicting information on the net.

FWIW, TU is 639, by far my best. My EX/EQ are in the mid 550 range and currently not the healthiest by any measure. Will be applying for Cash Rewards + CLOC.