NFCU is open to everybody!?!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

You can access it through the debt card or via ACH as well as through checks. The checks they send related to the CLOC have a trailing number that will cause them to bypass any funds in your checking account and draw exclusively from the CLOC.

I saw at ither post that NFCU Cash rewards CC are Maxed at $25k only their flagship CC are maxed at $50K.

Try the $25

sent from encrypted device

Total exposure is limited to $80k, not counting CLOC.

Individual cards are limited to $50k, except for Flagship which is $80k.

I thought it was 80k and 50k.

You are right. It is $80k and $50k.
80K for Flagship and 50K for cashRewards? What's required for NFCU max CL? I have cashRewards and did balance transfer. So I won't be using it for purchases for a long time.

Yes, $80k is maximum on Flagship and for any of their other cards it's $50k. $80k is maximum exposure across all credit cards.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "what's required for max CL", but for anything over $25k they generally want POI and a hard pull. From my experience, they don't care much about usage at all or about whether your card carries a balance. I hit the luv button every four months and never even had them pull my credit reports.

80K for Flagship and 50K for cashRewards? What's required for NFCU max CL? I have cashRewards and did balance transfer. So I won't be using it for purchases for a long time.
Yes, $80k is maximum on Flagship and for any of their other cards it's $50k. $80k is maximum exposure across all credit cards.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "what's required for max CL", but for anything over $25k they generally want POI and a hard pull. From my experience, they don't care much about usage at all or about whether your card carries a balance. I hit the luv button every four months and never even had them pull my credit reports.

Thanks PotO. I am at $25K. I tried CLI once for max amount and was declined with hard inquiry.

Thanks PotO. I am at $25K. I tried CLI once for max amount and was declined with hard inquiry.

Over $25k and it's generally hard inquiry, at least the first time.

I got my first one to $50k my combining cards, but they no longer usually allow that. I went from $25k to $30k without a hard pull, but they made an exception in my case. They initially wanted a hard pull.

I got my first one to $50k my combining cards, but they no longer usually allow that. I went from $25k to $30k without a hard pull, but they made an exception in my case. They initially wanted a hard pull.

Nice. I will try again after 6 months. Or, should I app for another card and combine limits?

Nice. I will try again after 6 months. Or, should I app for another card and combine limits?

They no longer allow combinations usually.

They no longer allow combinations usually.
I need some of your mojo. :-)

I'm going to apply for a CLI on the cash rewards card in the morning once they apply my $1,700 payment.

My initial limit was $2,300.

Not sure if I should ask for 25k, 35k or 50k.

My other highest limits are 9k Lowe's, 7.9k Wells Fargo home projects card and 5.5k BofA card.

Ended up requesting 25k and got the 24 hour notice. Navy called 2 hours later while I was on the other line... I calld them back and they said they wanted to check that my income was 54k / month. I guess I didn't read the instructions on the fields. Told them that it was 4.5k / month they updated underwriting and the came back on the phone to tell me they would make a decision within 24 hours. About an hour later the online interface is showing available credit as 24k.

Does anyone have the link to NLSD membership page. I typed "San Diego" into the box where it asked "Which local council would you like to join?" except my welcome email says nothing about San Diego. Will this be an issue?

Yes

I'm going to apply for a CLI on the cash rewards card in the morning once they apply my $1,700 payment.

My other highest limits are 9k Lowe's, 7.9k Wells Fargo home projects card and 5.5k BofA card.

Ended up requesting 25k and got the 24 hour notice. Navy called 2 hours later while I was on the other line... I called them back and they said they wanted to check that my income was 54k / month. I guess I didn't read the instructions on the fields. Told them that it was 4.5k / month they updated underwriting and the came back on the phone to tell me they would make a decision within 24 hours. About an hour later the online interface is showing available credit as 24k.

Congrats .. did they really ask you for 54K/month ????? or this's typing error and you meant to say 5K /month??

Anyway 24K is pretty good jump from $2,300

Does anyone have the link to NLSD membership page. I typed "San Diego" into the box where it asked "Which local council would you like to join?" except my welcome email says nothing about San Diego. Will this be an issue?

Yes

Thanks CV. That's what I was afraid of. Are there two separate emails that are sent? Because the only email that I've received thus far acknowledges membership and receipt. I'm assuming I'll receive another one from the San Diego Council that includes my membership number. No? TIA

Ended up requesting 25k and got the 24 hour notice. Navy called 2 hours later while I was on the other line... I called them back and they said they wanted to check that my income was 54k / month. I guess I didn't read the instructions on the fields. Told them that it was 4.5k / month they updated underwriting and the came back on the phone to tell me they would make a decision within 24 hours. About an hour later the online interface is showing available credit as 24k.

Congrats .. did they really ask you for 54K/month ????? or this's typing error and you meant to say 5K /month??

I accidentally typed annual income in the box they were asking for monthly income in. I guess that didn't sound right to the underwriter based on what they know about me.

Feels good to get a higher limit. It's 4.36 X my highest Bank "credit card" limit

Edited by mec

Yes

Thanks CV. That's what I was afraid of. Are there two separate emails that are sent? Because the only email that I've received thus far acknowledges membership and receipt. I'm assuming I'll receive another one from the San Diego Council that includes my membership number. No? TIA

You won't get an email from Navy League San Diego .. Only the 2nd email you will receive from NLUS will or should indicate that your local council is San Diego with Membership# .. if they ended up not assigning you the San Diego Chapter in their 2nd email, try emailing the President of the NLSD and he will make it happen. His Name is Jon Berg-Johnsen and his email is: presidentsdnl@gmail.com

Edited by Mido

I accidentally typed annual income in the box they were asking for monthly income in. I guess that didn't sound right to the underwriter based on what they know about me.

Feels good to get a higher limit. It's 4.36 X my highest Bank "credit card" limit

I did the same thing when I initially applied lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

You won't get an email from Navy League San Diego .. Only the 2nd email you will receive from NLUS will or should indicate that your local council is San Diego with Membership# .. if they ended up not assigning you the San Diego Chapter in their 2nd email, try emailing the President of the NLSD and he will make it happen. His Name is Jon Berg-Johnsen and his email is: presidentsdnl@gmail.com
Thanks Mido. I appreciate your response and help. I'm looking forward to getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Thanks Mido. I appreciate your response and help. I'm looking forward to getting in.

You're Welcome .. Just wait for the 2nd email and read it carefully and if your NOT assigned SD then shoot him an email. Good Luck :wave:

Yes

You're Welcome .. Just wait for the 2nd email and read it carefully and if your NOT assigned SD then shoot him an email. Good Luck :wave:

Mido, one last thing. Do you recall how long it took you to receive the 2nd email? Just curious. Trying to set my expectations. Thanks!

Yes

Mido, one last thing. Do you recall how long it took you to receive the 2nd email? Just curious. Trying to set my expectations. Thanks!

• I applied with NLUS over the phone in the beginning of December and they charged my card immediately and I received their Welcome Email (1st one) while i was on the phone with them :)
  • I received their (2nd Email) that has my membership number and SD as assigned Council within a week of the 1st email.