NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Hey guys

I applied for the NFCU account detailed in this thread.

I received this yesterday....

Thank you for your interest in joining Navy Federal Credit Union. We have received your faxed Membership Application and United States Navy League Welcome Letter.

In order to proceed with your membership, we require a completed Membership Packet. Your Membership Packet includes:

(1) the membership application

(2) your supporting document demonstrating proof of your specific Navy League council

Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed if the required documents are sent separately.

I sent them by fax the complete app and a copy of the email that was sent to me from The Navy League

Welcome to the Navy League!

Dear Diego

Thank you for your membership in the Navy League of the United States. Below please find your e-membership member ID information! Members like you, joining together nationally and in local councils help us convey our message that strong sea services are vital to the economy and security of the United States. Navy League is unique among military-oriented associations in that, we are a civilian organization. Because of committed Americans like you, we can pursue our four-point mission:

Support youth programs such as the Naval Sea Cadet and League Corps, Naval ROTC, Junior Navy and Marine Corps ROTC

Support the men and women of the Sea Services and their families

Provide support and assistance to the Sea Services

Educate the public and public officials of the necessity of Sea Power to our Nation's economy and security

As a member, we’ll be sharing news and information with you about the state of our sea services, and ways for you to get involved in Navy League through events and activities in your local council. Your local Council is San Diego. We value your membership, and appreciate having you stand with us and our 40,000 members worldwide to be a voice for keeping our sea services strong and ready, and our nation secure.

Warmest Regards,

Skip Witunski

National President

NAVY LEAGUE

of the United States

Mr. Diego C

MEMBER ID: 200xxxxx MEMBER SINCE: 12/5/2016

EXPIRES ON: 12/31/2017

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your Navy League membership to the San Diego Council? From what you posted it sounds like you joined the national organization.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Hey guys

Thank you for your interest in joining Navy Federal Credit Union. We have received your faxed Membership Application and United States Navy League Welcome Letter.

In order to proceed with your membership, we require a completed Membership Packet. Your Membership Packet includes:

(2) your supporting document demonstrating proof of your specific Navy League council

Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed if the required documents are sent separately.

I sent them by fax the complete app and a copy of the email that was sent to me from The Navy League

Dear Diego

Thank you for your membership in the Navy League of the United States. Below please find your e-membership member ID information! Members like you, joining together nationally and in local councils help us convey our message that strong sea services are vital to the economy and security of the United States. Navy League is unique among military-oriented associations in that, we are a civilian organization. Because of committed Americans like you, we can pursue our four-point mission:

Support youth programs such as the Naval Sea Cadet and League Corps, Naval ROTC, Junior Navy and Marine Corps ROTC

Educate the public and public officials of the necessity of Sea Power to our Nation's economy and security

As a member, we’ll be sharing news and information with you about the state of our sea services, and ways for you to get involved in Navy League through events and activities in your local council. Your local Council is San Diego. We value your membership, and appreciate having you stand with us and our 40,000 members worldwide to be a voice for keeping our sea services strong and ready, and our nation secure.

Warmest Regards,

Skip Witunski

National President

NAVY LEAGUE

of the United States

Mr. Diego C

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is your Navy League membership to the San Diego Council? From what you posted it sounds like you joined the national organization.

FYI .. It was mention in the email he received

Hey guys

Dear Diego

Warmest Regards,

Skip Witunski

National President

NAVY LEAGUE

of the United States

Mr. Diego C

Any suggestions?

Thanks

FYI .. It was mention in the email he received

Shame on me for giving the clown troupe at the Enneffseeyou membership department the benefit of the doubt.

DiegoC, I had to submit the identical documentation three times before my membership was approved, and again after they locked me out of all of my accounts after I called to tell them that I don't have a hatchet wound... which is clearly designated on the copy of the driver's license and the passport that I'd already submitted three times before.

If you're rebuilding it's worth the upfront nightmare, so press on with resubmissions. Eventually they will be received and processed by someone with a pulse. If you aren't rebuilding, run away while you still can.

Hi everyone,

My cousin called me earlier today saying NFCU approved his membership & upon opening a Savings and everyday checking account he applied to their unsecured cashRewards CC and got instantly approved (HIS 1st CC EVER - no Joke he absolutely has no history and this CC will be his first).

what you think his strategy should be in the next 3-6 months and the next 6-12 months to build a solid credit/history and eventaually what should his next step be whether with NFCU or External?

Is there anything he should particularly consider after this 1st CC approval?

Thank You

Since this is literally his first card what amount did he get approved for?

My Cousin just called me saying he received his NFCU CashRewards credit card (The Green One) and the Limit they awarded him is $3000 (His 1st CC ever with absolutely No History or whatsoever) He is Happy and Surprised. Paying in Full each and every month and maybe the $2 trick and after the 90 days will CLI and see how it works.

Hi everyone,

My cousin called me earlier today saying NFCU approved his membership & upon opening a Savings and everyday checking account he applied to their unsecured cashRewards CC and got instantly approved (HIS 1st CC EVER - no Joke he absolutely has no history and this CC will be his first).

what you think his strategy should be in the next 3-6 months and the next 6-12 months to build a solid credit/history and eventaually what should his next step be whether with NFCU or External?

Thank You

My Cousin just called me saying he received his NFCU CashRewards credit card (The Green One) and the Limit they awarded him is $3000 (His 1st CC ever with absolutely No History or whatsoever) He is Happy and Surprised. Paying in Full each and every month and maybe the $2 trick and after the 90 days will CLI and see how it works.

Have him ask for $25K after the third statement cuts.

Hi everyone,

Thank You

Have him ask for $25K after the third statement cuts.

Will it work if he asked for this much after the payment of his 3rd statement ?

3k --> 25k??

sent from encrypted device

Edited by Agoooz

I've been a Navy Federal member for a little over 6 months now, joined back in June using the Navy League San Diego. Nothing but awesome experiences! And in around 4 months I went from a $1600 limit on my credit card to $5000 to $25,000.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I originally emailed my membership application and all required documents in the morning at like 6 or 7 am, and by 2pm that same day I got an email back saying welcome to Navy Federal and an email from CreditKarma alerting me of a hard pull from Navy Federal, unlike others here who it's taking them weeks to hear back.

I was also able to email my application docs in and was accepted same day. I also applied for the platinum card and was approved for $2900. I have been reading about how to do CLI and i just have a question about it. Do i PIF before or after statement cuts?

PIF before the statement cut so once the statement issued and the balance reported to the 3 CRA it shows 0.00 balance and 0 utilization so it helps you once you decide to CLI

I've been a Navy Federal member for a little over 6 months now, joined back in June using the Navy League San Diego. Nothing but awesome experiences! And in around 4 months I went from a $1600 limit on my credit card to $5000 to $25,000.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I originally emailed my membership application and all required documents in the morning at like 6 or 7 am, and by 2pm that same day I got an email back saying welcome to Navy Federal and an email from CreditKarma alerting me of a hard pull from Navy Federal, unlike others here who it's taking them weeks to hear back.

Just about the same for me, it just took a little longer to get approved for membership because my dumbass forgot to choose San Diego when joining Navy League.

Got approved for Cash Rewards at $2900 and LOC at $15k immediately. I asked for CLI after 3rd statement, for $25k, and got countered and approved for $22.5K after sending in proof of income. They just sent me a 12 month BT offer, so I'll take advantage of that for a few months.

Pleasant experience so far.

Question though?

Does NFCU do a HP on you just for applying/opening a savings and checking accounts or its only limited to the CC / CLOC / LOANS?

HP for membership and another HP for a credit product.
Thanks

I emailed my application and supporting documents on Christmas. Heard nothing so I called to check and discovered I used the wrong email. It's membershipdocs@navyfederal.org. If you don't get an immediate auto response, don't wait a week...

So who do you think has your name, address, social security number, drivers license, passport info, etc., from your original email?

I emailed my application and supporting documents on Christmas. Heard nothing so I called to check and discovered I used the wrong email. It's membershipdocs@navyfederal.org. If you don't get an immediate auto response, don't wait a week...

So who do you think has your name, address, social security number, drivers license, passport info, etc., from your original email?

Good question. I sent it to the Wrong memberdocs@navyfederal so I hope it's sitting on their server. I guess it should have bounced back by now.

I'm going to apply for a CLI on the cash rewards card in the morning once they apply my $1,700 payment.

My initial limit was $2,300.

Not sure if I should ask for 25k, 35k or 50k.

My other highest limits are 9k Lowe's, 7.9k Wells Fargo home projects card and 5.5k BofA card.