Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU is open to everybody!?!

I was about to rush out to join until I saw the max limit.

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/navy-fcu/offers/

memberliciousnesses indeed.

Likewise. I was thinking about joining to at least be a member just in case something was appealing later down the road. But, I don't see it fitting the gameplan anytime soon.

they emailed me an hour after CLOC app stating that they need more info, but not what that info is or how to get it to them...

Having read through most of the thread, prepare for this to not be the first time you've had to deal with this.

Likewise. I was thinking about joining to at least be a member just in case something was appealing later down the road. But, I don't see it fitting the gameplan anytime soon.

they emailed me an hour after CLOC app stating that they need more info, but not what that info is or how to get it to them...

Having read through most of the thread, prepare for this to not be the first time you've had to deal with this.

Not a big deal, I would like to use them as a buffer account (have my CCs draw from NFCU checking -> CLOC, then PIF the CLOC each month from my main banking place).

Is that the right way to set something like that up? I thought about using PenFed as the intermediate but with their ACH funkyness it seemed like not the best idea.

I had no issues with the CLOC. When they ask for docs, on the part of the website for the status, there is usually a message to call IIRC.

I haven't had any memberlicious experiences with NFCU including everything that has been reported here.

ah yep, 2 most recent pay stubs, and bank statement showing them being deposited in my primary hub.

Hopefully it doesn't screw me over that I missed some days last month due to my dad passing away... also in their secured letter thing it said something about provisional approval for 2500, a far cry from the 15k requested and 15.3k they approved the CC for. Is that typical?

ah yep, 2 most recent pay stubs, and bank statement showing them being deposited in my primary hub.

Hopefully it doesn't screw me over that I missed some days last month due to my dad passing away... also in their secured letter thing it said something about provisional approval for 2500, a far cry from the 15k requested and 15.3k they approved the CC for. Is that typical?

Different departments.

Don't try to sign up with two toddlers who won't leave you alone. Somehow they made my screen go back and when I went to submit, the SAN DIEGO part was missing. UGH.

Just try again after they go to bed.. If they ever do lol

It will just cost you another $25. You can remind them and take it out of their allowance when they're older.

It will grow. Don't worry about it.

Don't try to sign up with two toddlers who won't leave you alone. Somehow they made my screen go back and when I went to submit, the SAN DIEGO part was missing. UGH.

It will just cost you another $25. You can remind them and take it out of their allowance when they're older.

Minnie, you must be one of those modern and enlightened moms. :lol:

Here's the old fashioned version:

Take $25 and buy a belt.

Just try again after they cry themselves to sleep. Which will be quickly. ;)

It will cost you an additional $25. You can remind them and take the $50 out of their allowance when they're older.

:lol:

Minnie, you must be one of those modern and enlightened moms.

Take $25 and buy a belt.

It will cost you an additional $25. You can remind them and take the $50 out of their allowance when they're older.

In the meantime I sent member services an email indcating I wanted the San Diego league. Asked for written confirmation of the change.

I wonder if that will suffice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Minnie, you must be one of those modern and enlightened moms. :lol:

Take $25 and buy a belt.

:lol:

That's how it was done when I was a child

Can someone explain exactly how to apply using the navy league membership?

Thank you

OMFG, that's what this entire thread is about
. KONRAD, are you an admin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so when I go to the branch do I need anything other than:

NLSD confirmation

DL/Passport

Recent pay stubs

checkbook to make initial deposit (or a bag of subprime cash)

would taking CPAed 1040s help with future limits for credit product?

do I need additional address proof (utility bill)?

what about a copy of my 10th grade swimming class certificate?

Got approved for membership today. Emailed it to them on Monday.

Followed the instructions in first post.

Now just have to fund my account.

Thanks.

NLSD confirmation

DL/Passport

Recent pay stubs

If I was walking into a branch, I would take:

Drivers license

Passport

Social Security card

recent utility bill

Two pay stubs

NLSD confirmation

checkbook

Slightly overkill? Maybe. But it's only going to take like 2 minutes to compile all of that and put it into a folder so why not.

The pay stubs might be unnecessary because you might not be able to apply for a credit product that day. But supplying them when you apply might get you an $80K Flagship right out of the gate.

NLSD confirmation

DL/Passport

Recent pay stubs

Drivers license

Passport

Social Security card

recent utility bill

Two pay stubs

NLSD confirmation

checkbook

Slightly overkill? Maybe. But it's only going to take like 2 minutes to compile all of that and put it into a folder so why not.

The pay stubs might be unnecessary because you might not be able to apply for a credit product that day. But supplying them when you apply might get you an $80K Flagship right out of the gate.

thanks. I don't have a SS card. will that be a problem?

NLSD confirmation

DL/Passport

Recent pay stubs

Drivers license

Passport

Social Security card

recent utility bill

Two pay stubs

NLSD confirmation

checkbook

Why don't you have an SS card? Passport, SS card, utility bill is what I've taken with me every time to open a checking account, a credit union membership, or apply in-branch for a credit card. And a check book for the checking accounts and CU memberships.

NLSD confirmation

DL/Passport

Recent pay stubs

Drivers license

Passport

Social Security card

recent utility bill

Two pay stubs

NLSD confirmation

checkbook

Why don't you have an SS card? Passport, SS card, utility bill is what I've taken with me every time to open a checking account, a credit union membership, or apply in-branch for a credit card. And a check book for the checking accounts and CU memberships.

card is long lost. replacement takes hours at the SSA. I've gotten 7 figures in available credit, multiple mortgages and auto loans without a SS card.

Well NFCU wouldn't budge on the CLOC amount - still only 2500 but I guess that's a start. Haven't seen many people where they get a small CLOC and 6x limit CC from these guys. Does that make me special?

I made the same mistake. I emailed Navy League, let them know I wanted SD. I got a fast reply saying my membership was transferred to SD, have a good day, etc.

However, NFCU said the NL welcome letter/confirmation I sent them didn't indicate SD council, so it wasn't good enough (even though I'd already received welcome email/debit card from NFCU). Well, I had already received my NL welcome packet with member number, so I made an account in the online community section. Took a screenshot of my member profile page, which shows council at the top. NFCU accepted that and I'm officially in.

Ok sooo I applied a month ago using the OP process but went to a branch in my area. The employee advised that they could not open an account in the branch using the Navy League membership, and she had to fax all docs over to the membership dept. I had DL, Navy League docs and application. I had to make her take a copy of my DL! Everything was sent successfully and copies given to me. Three weeks of nothing so I decided to call. CSR was super nice, said my application was received and they still needed a copy of my utility bill or bank statement. I was confused because no contact was made to advise me but anyway I sent in my cable/internet bill. Wait another week, nothing. I call back and they said they received it but they needed a WATER BILL or bank statement. REALLY? So, I send them my bank statement. I still am not receiving any correspondence via email, snail mail, phone etc. I call back 3 days later, they said they did not receive the bank statement yet and to give it a week. Yesterday, all my credit alerts are going off notifying me that my TU credit report was pulled and sure enough it was NFCU! Today, I missed a call and was left a welcome message by my account rep. I called back and told her I had received NO info during this long process and she says, "Oh it's because we don't have an email on file for you." WOW What happened to the email address i listed on the application? Anyway, I'm in and set up and even opened a CAMPUS account for my 17 year old while I was on the phone. Whew! This was certainly the most difficulty I've ever had opening an account but i think it will be worth it. I got approved for a loan already. LOL Thanks CB :clapping: