NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Konrad2012

Does anyone know what the monthly mobile deposit limit is? I mean, once you can actually use it?

Bank of America is $50,000 monthly. It's one of the reasons our main household checking account is there.

Citi was something ridiculous like $3,000.

$10K per day.

Edited by mendelssohn

Since I am locked out of online access and they cant reset over phone (have LN frozen so they could not generate questions) have to go to branch to reset access. I decided to app on phone for go rewards, it was declined, not sure why, bk is just about 4 years old, no lates after, fico 04 is 720, they pulled TU. Being down I decided to log into penfed just to add to my depression applied for a card, then I get a message, congrats you have been approved for credit line of $20,000. I chose the visa gold as I didnt feel confident. Really unexpected approval as they have been shooting me down for 1.5 year already. Now since that pull is good for 90 days wondering if I should try my luck at 1 more card or lay low. Not really concerned about average age right now just building a strong portfolio.

PenFed is the only CU I have that can pull money.

Interesting. I have 3 CUs, including Penfed, that allow me to pull money. I've never tried with any of the others. I wasn't even aware that this was a CU issue.

I just received my welcome email. My membership was activated one week ago.

My gender reassignment is still pending two business days after the third submission of IDs and other required docs.

I cannot ACH money into either of my accounts from their Web site, and mobile deposit access is blocked for the first 30 days of membership.

I have no ATM card, and I'm currently on a plane, on the way to spending 16 days in a city that has no branches.

They really don't want deposits.

I had the same issue initially, then realized I could simply push a payment from my primary bank. Pretty painless, but agreed, they don't seem to want my money very badly.

The money I want to transfer is sitting in a Wells Fargo account. WF charges $3 for outbound ACH transfers, which I am not willing to pay. That's a separate absurd issue, though.

What kind of bank account in 2016 doesn't let you do an ACH pull from your own account at another bank? I've never heard of this. Is it a CU thing?

Don't you have Billpay on your WF account?

Yes. What sort of workaround are you advocating, in lieu of a basic banking function like and ACH pull?

I believe I've Billpayed from Alliant to a bank. Just set Navy up as a payee.

Why Billpay from Alliant instead of ACH?

Does anyone know what the monthly mobile deposit limit is? I mean, once you can actually use it?

Bank of America is $50,000 monthly. It's one of the reasons our main household checking account is there.

$10K per day.

So $280,000-$310,000 a month?

$10K per day.

I imagine. I've never seen a monthly limit anywhere.

Couldn't wait and applied for the cash Rewards card.

Approved for $2K which is my lowest limit, but I'll take it to get in with them knowing it will grow!

I'm waiting for some sort of shoe to drop, and hope that this lasts.

Approved for $2K which is my lowest limit, but I'll take it to get in with them knowing it will grow!

Do all of your trusted financial relationships come with a free serving of anxiety?

Do all of your trusted financial relationships come with a free serving of anxiety?

I am the utter pessimist in everything.

However, I am looking forward to this relstionship and watching it grow.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

$10K per day.

I imagine. I've never seen a monthly limit anywhere.

That would be great.

PenFed is the only CU I have that can pull money.

Interesting. I have 3 CUs, including Penfed, that allow me to pull money. I've never tried with any of the others. I wasn't even aware that this was a CU issue.

This being a CU issue was just my theory.

I have several checking accounts with traditional banks, as well as cash management accounts with various brokerages. All of them let me do ACH pushes AND pulls.

This is the first checking account I've encountered (or remember encountering) where you couldn't do a pull. It's baffling.

How long after the welcome email did most of you apply for credit products? Immediately? I want to use the HP to the greatest extent possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFCU will not reuse your HP. They are HP happy.

How long after the welcome email did most of you apply for credit products? Immediately? I want to use the HP to the greatest extent possible.

NFCU will not reuse your HP. They are HP happy.

My gender reassignment is still pending two business days after the third submission of IDs and other required docs.

I cannot ACH money into either of my accounts from their Web site, and mobile deposit access is blocked for the first 30 days of membership.

I have no ATM card, and I'm currently on a plane, on the way to spending 16 days in a city that has no branches.

I had the same issue initially, then realized I could simply push a payment from my primary bank. Pretty painless, but agreed, they don't seem to want my money very badly.

The money I want to transfer is sitting in a Wells Fargo account. WF charges $3 for outbound ACH transfers, which I am not willing to pay. That's a separate absurd issue, though.

What kind of bank account in 2016 doesn't let you do an ACH pull from your own account at another bank? I've never heard of this. Is it a CU thing?

Billpay to a deposit account can lead to unintended consequences...

I guess I could always mail in my deposits. :rofl:

I tried to read through all 50 pages but this is a giant thread, so please forgive me if this was already answered:

Looking at registering for Navy League, I see that the $25 membership fee is yearly, so wouldn't you sort of count this as an AF to 'stay' with NFCU?

Just trying to make sure I have all the facts before jumping in, and still am not sure which card of theirs would be a good choice.

Currently I have:

local CU 1% CB card (SD, keeping for AAOA boost)

Cap1 QS (SD, backup card for no FTF)

US Bank Korean Air SKYPASS VS (SD, backup card for no FTF, want to combine limits with Cash Rewards and PC to Cash+)

US Bank Cash Rewards (SD)

Citi Thankyou Preferred (SD, want to PC it or something, but not sure what the best route is)

PenFed Platinum Rewards (SD, got as backup for gas in case Sallie Mae is shut down eventually)

Discovery (SD for now, might use for Amazon if I buy more than Sallie Mae's monthly bookstore cap)
Marvel MC (SD, use for Google Play Store, Steam, etc)

CSP (after meeting sign-ups for AMEX, will use for dining/travel)

Chase Freedom Unlimited (after " will use for non-category spending)

Amex SPG (about done with sign-up spend, not sure what to do with it after that)

Amex Plat (keeping indefinitely for perks, haven't planned use for 100k MR yet)

Barclays Sallie Mae rewards (gas, groceries, Amazon to monthly bookstore cap)

Amex SimplyCash Plus biz (shipping, may add phone/internet bills after meeting all sign-up spend)

So you can see it's kind of all over the place, and definitely some useless cards. Quickly glancing at NFCU's card list I didn't see one that stood out as the clear ideal winner, so please let me know what you guys would suggest.

I was approved for Cash Rewards with $1600 limit then requested a credit limit increase before receiving the card and it got increased to $5000. Was a seperate hard pull and had to be manually reviewed though. Worth it though!

I tried to read through all 50 pages but this is a giant thread, so please forgive me if this was already answered:

Looking at registering for Navy League, I see that the $25 membership fee is yearly, so wouldn't you sort of count this as an AF to 'stay' with NFCU?

Just trying to make sure I have all the facts before jumping in, and still am not sure which card of theirs would be a good choice.

No, once a member always a member. This is how most, if not all, credit unions operate.

Edited by PizzaPowerPunch

No, once a member always a member. This is how most, if not all, credit unions operate.

Not true. You can close your accounts and terminate your membership.

I've gone through this FOAD process with most of the CUs I have joined, but there are a few stragglers left on the list.

Not true. You can close your accounts and terminate your membership.

I've gone through this FOAD process with most of the CUs I have joined, but there are a few stragglers left on the list.

and others have reported CUs that kicked them to the curb after BK.

What would that be? That's what I had to do since they didn't do shared branching.

I thought it was crazy because I have no issues depositing to NASA and DCU at my local CU.

Wait until you try to ACH funds into your NFCU savings. Then you will really be a happy camper. ;)

Navy considers savings accounts to be non-transactional and can -- and often does -- reject incoming ACH transfers. If you are lucky, the first time or two they will allow it, but send you a warning letter.

They sent me this but my Driver License is from another state than where I currently live. I wonder how that will work?

Take action now to keep your account open.

<external link>

Navy Federal Security Zone

Email for Rodman

Access XXXXXXX

Eligibility for Membership Required

Thank you for your interest in Navy Federal. As a final step in the membership process, we need to verify your eligibility. Based on your source of eligibility as listed below, please provide a copy of one of the following documents within 30 days of receiving this email. Otherwise, your account(s) could be closed. Present your proof of eligibility to any local branch or fax it to 703-206-4600.

Household Member Eligibility

Copy of utility bill

Copy of ID with matching address

Notice from USPS of change of address

Letter from sponsor stating that you both reside in the same household

Copy of lease or rental agreement

Family Relation Eligibility

Birth certificate

Adoption papers

Court documents

Active Duty Service Eligibility

Military orders

Leave and earnings statement (LES)

Enlisted papers

Other official documents

Retired Personnel Eligibility

Proof of direct deposit from DoD

Retirement or pension papers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't worry about DL.

Remember, Navy caters primarily to the military community. It's exceedingly rare for someone on active duty to have a license issued in the state where they are stationed. If they say anything to you, just explain. I doubt they will hassle you.

What about those joining not in the military?

No problem. You'll be ok. Everybody in my family has done that. I have civilian neighbors who have done that, too.