NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Well I'm about to throw in the towel on this one. Between the "can't find the app" excuse and the "your email doesn't show San Diego" response when it clearly does, tells me they really don't want my business very much. Will give them a couple more days, but then I'm moving on. Penfed maybe?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

My wiener status is still broken in their system. Their web site has now been basically non-functional for four days.

Is anyone using this place for your only checking account? How do you pay your bills when the site is basically down for several days in a row? Do you mail checks?

I signed up recently (1 or 2 weeks, don't remember), I have checking, savings, no CLOC, and no credit card. The site is fully functional for me with no error messages. Might be a user specific error due to change request?

The only outstanding request is mine: for them to acknowledge my thingie and reclassify me accordingly. I submitted the IDs and documents (for the third time, including my original application) on Friday.

Why would that kill every function of the web site?

My wiener status is still broken in their system. Their web site has now been basically non-functional for four days.

Is anyone using this place for your only checking account? How do you pay your bills when the site is basically down for several days in a row? Do you mail checks?

I signed up recently (1 or 2 weeks, don't remember), I have checking, savings, no CLOC, and no credit card. The site is fully functional for me with no error messages. Might be a user specific error due to change request?

The only outstanding request is mine: for them to acknowledge my thingie and reclassify me accordingly. I submitted the IDs and documents (for the third time, including my original application) on Friday.

I just called in.

THEY'VE LOCKED ME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT UNTIL THEY CAN FIX THEIR OWN ERROR.

This place is #$^$^ ridiculous.

The CSR to whom I spoke asked me to send everything in a FOURTH time, or take it into a branch.

Well I'm about to throw in the towel on this one. Between the "can't find the app" excuse and the "your email doesn't show San Diego" response when it clearly does, tells me they really don't want my business very much. Will give them a couple more days, but then I'm moving on. Penfed maybe?

Penfed has been marvelous for me. But why not get both if you can?

I'll max the Freedom on restaurants this quarter easily, so I'll take 4% on my NFCU card through Q3 instead.

$1500 in R$ ?

That's only $500/month at restaurants. That's no that much.

It is not that much either.

I'll max the Freedom on restaurants this quarter easily, so I'll take 4% on my NFCU card through Q3 instead.

$1500 in R$ ?

A couple cocktails, an appetizer, 2 salads, a New York and a filet, a side dish or two, decent bottle of Cab, a desert, a couple Sambucas. Thats almost $500...

Applied online last Thursday around 7pm pacific time (take get in before the $50/$50 promo was over)

Sent my documents the next day, before they requested...Called yesterday morning around 8am PST and the rep put me on hold & spoke with member services.

When she got back on the line, she informed me that since I'm applying through the Navy League I have to e-mail the documents. While on hold I got an email from membershipdocuments@navyfederal.org requesting the ones I already sent, but I sent them again anyways.

I called back around 1:30pm my time and was again put on hold before being informed that they have my docs and would be in touch soon.

This morning at 5:30am I got the welcome email and could log in to my account.

\o/

I just called in.

The CSR to whom I spoke asked me to send everything in a FOURTH time, or take it into a branch.

I was able to log in fine yesterday, but this morning I am unable to do anything as well. Odd.

I just called in.

I was able to log in fine yesterday, but this morning I am unable to do anything as well. Odd.

Are you getting the same "...condition exists..." error? One cause is that your accounts are locked, like they did to me on Friday when I called them and made them aware of an error they made when they set up my account.

From the conversation I had with a CSR yesterday, I am considered a security risk from the time I notify them of their own error until the time they correct it.

Update:

I originally applied only for a savings account.

After logging in I went through their process in the +add account dropdown and added the free checking account.

About 45 minutes later I logged into my account and the checking account was open.

No further hard pull! I was afraid after hearing reports of people getting multiple hard pulls this might be the cause l, but so far it appears the HP is solely for new membership.

Cheers!

I just called in.

Are you getting the same "...condition exists..." error? One cause is that your accounts are locked, like they did to me on Friday when I called them and made them aware of an error they made when they set up my account.

From the conversation I had with a CSR yesterday, I am considered a security risk from the time I notify them of their own error until the time they correct it.

Yeah. I'm able to log in then get :

A condition exists which prevents the processing of your request. For assistance, contact Navy Federal toll free in the U.S. at 1-888-842-6328. For toll-free numbers when overseas, visit navyfederal.org/overseas/. Use 1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.

I received my checking account documents yesterday, and credit card and CUcard on Saturday. I changed both of my PINs online after activating my cards, I wonder if that's what caused this.

Still haven't received paperwork for the CLOC however.

Ugh.

I just called in.

Yeah. I'm able to log in then get :

A condition exists which prevents the processing of your request. For assistance, contact Navy Federal toll free in the U.S. at 1-888-842-6328. For toll-free numbers when overseas, visit navyfederal.org/overseas/. Use 1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.

I received my checking account documents yesterday, and credit card and CUcard on Saturday. I changed both of my PINs online after activating my cards, I wonder if that's what caused this.

Still haven't received paperwork for the CLOC however.

Ugh.

Call them. They'll probably let you back in if you go to the nearest branch with a fresh dragon egg.

Just got online with NFCU Chat. CSR says:

There is a note in your record which states you must provide a copy of one valid government issued photo ID and a second document demonstrating proof of address. Docs may be emailed to bsadocs@navyfederal.org, mailed to PO Box 2464, Merrifield, VA 22116 or taken to any NFCU branch.

So I emailed the same gas bill and driver's license, FOID card and NLSD member card to yet another email address.

We'll see how long it takes to unlock my online accounts.

I need to add this tag to this thread: cvnfcu_zpse7boxzzc.jpg

Please do, it'll make my day :-)

Call them. They'll probably let you back in if you go to the nearest branch with a fresh dragon egg.

Fresh out of dragon eggs! Foiled again!

$1500 in R$ ?

A couple cocktails, an appetizer, 2 salads, a New York and a filet, a side dish or two, decent bottle of Cab, a desert, a couple Sambucas. Thats almost $500...

OK, big spenders. :grin:

I was just curious if there was a way I had missed to "spend" on the restaurant category.

$6000/yr on restaurants is roughly equivalent to maxing out an IRA contribution.

I feel guilty when I spend $8 for lunch, instead of bringing a bag lunch to work.

But then again, I'm a notorious cheapskate. . .

$1500 in R$ ?

Had my ad-block on so never saw your siggy with the brilliant and sublime actor Stuart "Angel" Margolin. One of my faves growing up.

$1500 in R$ ?

Had my ad-block on so never saw your siggy with the brilliant and sublime actor Stuart "Angel" Margolin. One of my faves growing up.

:good:

They sent me this but my Driver License is from another state than where I currently live. I wonder how that will work?

Take action now to keep your account open.<external link> Navy Federal Security Zone Email for Rodman Access XXXXXXX Eligibility for Membership Required Thank you for your interest in Navy Federal. As a final step in the membership process, we need to verify your eligibility. Based on your source of eligibility as listed below, please provide a copy of one of the following documents within 30 days of receiving this email. Otherwise, your account(s) could be closed. Present your proof of eligibility to any local branch or fax it to 703-206-4600. Household Member Eligibility • Copy of utility bill • Copy of ID with matching address • Notice from USPS of change of address • Letter from sponsor stating that you both reside in the same household • Copy of lease or rental agreement Family Relation Eligibility • Birth certificate • Adoption papers • Court documents Active Duty Service Eligibility • Military orders • Leave and earnings statement (LES) • Enlisted papers • Other official documents Retired Personnel Eligibility • Proof of direct deposit from DoD • Retirement or pension papers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited by Rebuilding2010