NFCU is open to everybody!?!

How are CC limits for those getting in and pulling the app trigger?

$23,600. Not my highest limit. But, my highest initial CL.
Not bad at all!

I'm not having luck with my searches this afternoon...are they in the Master $50k+ CU thread?

Edit: of course as soon as I type that...

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=524245&p=5026448

Looks like $80k max. Or at least was.

$80K max exposure on CCs

$80K max on the Flagship

$50K max on other cards

CLOC is not included CC exposure

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

• Admin

With your egregious reputation and 7000 posts...how do you not have any neg reps? lol.

Look at his member group, under his name. Do you want that? Cause it can be arranged. Get over yourself. Try being helpful, and perhaps you could get some +1s to overcome the -1s.

In a more relevant news my Navy bank card came yesterday.

I 'll wait at least 2 months to consolidate the relationship before applying for anything.

Hopefully when I do the TU hard pull for membership will still be good.

I was hoping for a new TU pull when i app in about a week. From what i've read in this thread, they will do another TU HP for a CC and an EQ HP for a CLOC.
Yes, new HP (1 or 2) for every app.

There is no specific bureau they pull for products. CC and CLOC can be EQ and/or TU. If anyone tells you CC is __ and CLOC is __ they are mistaken.

CC has always been EQ for me. CLOC was EQ and TU for approval and TU for my only CLI to $15K. It is different for everyone.

Will they pull TU for CC if EQ is frozen, or is it the luck of the draw?

Some people have been successful. YMMV
I've kept my TU frozen even when I applied for cc & cloc. I've heard people freezing everything except TU and it worked for them but I can't say 100% it will. But with me TU froze for membership and 2 weeks later for cc and cloc. My wife didn't freeze anything 3 pulls from TU and 1 eq. The letters she received for cc and cloc were both approved using TU scores but they pulled her eq 1 time as well don't know why they did because they still used her TU for approval on both. Her eq score is also her lowest

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Not bad at all!

I'm not having luck with my searches this afternoon...are they in the Master $50k+ CU thread?

80k max. 50k on on cards. except Flagship 80k

I keep looking for racer-x to show up on SDNL, but im not there. :grin:

Guess I need to start google-ing the names. Cross reference with your posts on where you live. Then public record search and find your house. Then mail you a present.

That's F'ed up on so many levels

Right. is that some kind of threat by konrad...gonna send me a mailbomb of sorts? Hmmm...at least its on record if something like that happens.

How does sending you a welcome to NFCU present get misconstrued into a threat of mailing you an M18A1 or an IED?

Not bad at all!

$80K max exposure on CCs

$80K max on the Flagship

$50K max on other cards

CLOC is not included CC exposure

Sorry I was typing and didn't see you already responded. Thanks Mendelssohn

Okay...so I really don't want to goof this up, but I mainly want to use the generous Navy limits for business accounts, CC & CLOC...and possibly an auto.

I already signed up for the savings and am waiting for my welcome still. The prospects of having a card that is higher than my current 7k highest is enticing.

Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to app for a personal CC & CLOC at the same time I app for business CC & CLOC? I've heard various reports about them not looking kindly on opening too many accounts at once.

My business is an LLC, ecommerce business.

Thx!

• Admin

We still pass out points when we see good posts. The problem is several mods are away temporarily and the few of us that are here regularly, unfortunately don't see all of those that are worthy.

• Admin

Is there a reputation points sign-up bonus for new members?

How many good posts do they need to make in the first 90 days?

This might be an incentive for people to de-lurk. :grin:

We have no bonus points for newbies nor is there a minimum number of posts they need to make.

We still pass out points when we see good posts. The problem is several mods are away temporarily and the few of us that are here regularly, unfortunately don't see all of those that are worthy.

I haven't seen Trev here forever. I hope everything is OK.

I am amazed at the people calling Navy Amateur Hour ect... the negative comments, Yet they are doing everything they can to get in.

Could it be that they are soooo overwhelmed not expecting all of you learning how to get in this month? They have the BEST customer service

ever. The Security Dept. beast if they think you have a discrepency they will freeze you unitl there is clarity,Now the reps will apologize but Never Security.

So just chill and be glad that you are finally getting in, Yes paperwork may be getting a little mixed up put yourself in there shoes they are swamped.

I'm getting in out of morbid curiosity; in fact, my account was just approved. I found out when I got inquiry alerts from multiple monitoring services. So far, nothing from the CU about my membership approval, but I've already set up online access to my account.

It took me 13 days to get in, and two submissions of the application and supporting documentation.

Now that I'm in, I've set up online access... and you have to use a meaningless seven-digit number that is assigned to you in order to log in.

My share savings account is showing the $5 opening deposit as pending, even though they cashed my check ten days ago.

Once I logged in, I went to set up a $3,000, 3% CD, but you cannot get this product without a checking account, which I do not have.

Their credit cards are awful from a rewards perspective.

I understand why this CU is so attractive to people who are rebuilding, please don't misunderstand, but at my stage of this process and for my financial circumstances, so far this place is a complete zero.

I would also like to add that despite the fact that the ID I submitted clearly shows that I have a wiener, I was set up in their system as a "Mrs." This is displayed prior to my name when I log in.

I sent in a secure message asking for that to be changed, and also asked a question about opening up a checking account. The subject of the message I sent clearly stated that I had two questions. They ignored the checking account question. In response to the "Mrs. issue," here is the response:

Navy Federal Response 07/01/2016 : Thank you for your eMessage... In order to assist you with updating your profile, we will need you to complete and return the attached Change of Information form, and to include a color photocopy of the front and back of your valid government-issued identification (such as a driver's license, passport or passport card, or permanent resident alien card), along with a document showing your current address. Acceptable documents showing your address may be a voter's registration card, a paystub dated within the past two months, a vehicle registration, insurance documents, a bank statement, local/state/federal tax documents, a utility bill, or your W2 from the most recent tax year.

I just called in. They can't locate the images of the IDs I provided twice when trying to become a member, most recently three days ago. I have to provide them a third time in order for them to fix my wiener status in their system.

Anyone want to argue that this is world-class service from a top-notch company?

Also, their web site is currently trucked. Clicking on any of the main buttons yields some form of this error message:

A condition exists which prevents the processing of your request. For assistance, contact Navy Federal toll free in the U.S. at 1-888-842-6328. For toll-free numbers when overseas, visit navyfederal.org/overseas/. Use 1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.

Oh, I almost forgot. When I called in I first had to enter the magic seven-digit number that I also must remember in order to log into their web site, and their system couldn't find that either.

I still can't see my account online.

A condition exists which prevents the processing of your request. For assistance, contact Navy Federal toll free in the U.S. at 1-888-842-6328. For toll-free numbers when overseas, visit navyfederal.org/overseas/. Use 1-703-255-8837 for collect international calls.

It's now been over 24 hours since I could log in and accomplish much of anything, including seeing the $5 I've entrusted with this clown show.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-03%20at%204.53.5

Mr. Banana thinks this is memberlicious.

big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Admin

I haven't seen Trev here forever. I hope everything is OK.

He's ok. Been busy with work and personal issues. He'll be back.