Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to find out what my Navy League member number is now. I remember seeing somewhere before that your member number should be on the magazine mailing label...but since I'm an "E-member" there's no mailing label. Sent an email so we'll see what happens.

I'm in no rush, I could get in through my son in law, just would have to get them to sign up first.

I sent in my app Sunday afternoon.

2 forms of ID, navy league print out, credit card screenshot showing payment and utility bill, nfcu app writing on it see Navy league invoice.

My TU and EX are open EQ is frozen causing issues.

No TU pull yet so will give it a few days.

Emailed everything.

I never sent an utility bill. Sent my last wednesday at like 5 or 6 am and by 2pm I had an email saying my application was accepted and accounts were opened.

Good luck. I'm thankful to have got in when I did.

Ill give you something better.... call and say you great-great-great GrandFather served in the navy.

This is what I did, over the phone. Been in over a year now.

Ill give you something better.... call and say you great-great-great GrandFather served in the navy.

This is what I did, over the phone. Been in over a year now.

If he never received a pension, you're not eligible.

People who join through someone who is not a member also need to be prepared with paperwork to prove eligibility and for their accounts to be frozen when eligibility is checked. When you join this way, it happens frequently.

I know someone who has no connection to the military and they got in. Don't know how.

It's called lying.

Few ways to get in without connection to the military

-Lying

-Live in same household with someone who is a member

-Has a family member thats a member

-Was a member of a credit union that merged with Navy Federal, such as USA Federal that merged with Navy in 2010.

-And most recently, joining the San Diego Navy League, which was supposedly one of the ways to join USA Federal. Though like has been said, sounds like they stopped taking applications for new members.

Why are people thinking San Diego Navy League has stopped accepting members? Membership appears open when I accessed their Website.

Edited by mfarmer

Were only thinking it because supposedly someone on Myfico claimed they emailed NLSD and they responded saying it was a legit way into NFCU but they stopped taking applications. The thread on MF ended up being locked or else we probably would have heard by now from people that recently applied whether or not they got in.

There is a difference between joining Navy League and joining specifically the Navy League San Diego chapter. The Navy League San Diego chapter is only allowing locals to join, and previous to the otherforum member messing it up, allowed anyone in the country to joining that specific chapter.

There is a difference between joining Navy League and joining specifically the Navy League San Diego chapter. The Navy League San Diego chapter is only allowing locals to join, and previous to the otherforum member messing it up, allowed anyone in the country to joining that specific chapter.

The signup link on the San Diego chapter's site now goes to the national organization's membership page.

You are still allowed to select San Diego chapter as the one that you are joining.

Hmm. I may do this. Just because.

Earlier in the thread somebody claimed speaking with NFCU to verify membership via membership of the Navy league San Diego chapter.

I will add that NFCU IS a sponsoring organization of the Navy league.

However the instructions are to join my mailing or faxing in an application because the online application requires an answer to part C asking sponsoring members affiliation. Those mailing or faxing in applications have been leaving part C open

This makes me a bit suspicious that membership, if granted, might be in error subject to later revocation as we have heard some people suffer

It is possible that NFCU allows membership through sponsoring organization as much as it is possible that those who have gotten membership have sent simply gotten it falsely or in error pending possibility of later investigation

You are still allowed to select San Diego chapter as the one that you are joining.

If you do let us know if you're successful in joining the SD NL so we know for sure whether or not if they're accepting new members from outside of the San Diego area (Unless you live in San Diego, then nevermind haha)

If you do let us know if you're successful in joining the SD NL so we know for sure whether or not if they're accepting new members from outside of the San Diego area (Unless you live in San Diego, then nevermind haha)

We have a home and live in San Diego part-time. I was planning to join with my SD address.

We have a home and live in San Diego part-time. I was planning to join with my SD address.

$80K instant approval! Do it!

$80K instant approval! Do it!
I may also get a Vulture this year. Edited by cv91915