NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Presently researching "Navy League San Diego." I live on opposite coast of country, so not sure how that should not then be NLNYC...

Please read Konrad's first post. That should explain everything

Edited by Oilcan12

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

I am going to conseed that I will start by asking my Dad if he banks with Navy Federal. I hope he doesnt have USAA. That would suck. *edit: I want my $50. I read.

Conseeded. :rofl:

Or, maybe I should just call the number I saw. Dont they have some mind of a database, like NCIC? Cant they look up if he was in the military, same way the cops can look up my pages and pages of closed warrants?

1. Contrary to popular belief, Navy Federal Credit Union cannot look up information on an individual's military service unless that person is currently on active duty or actually retired military and currently living. They can also see of you are a registered dependent of the former.

2. Unless your dad is actually retired from the Marine Corps or an actual current member, you are not qualified for membership through him.

3. WTF is it so hard for you to read through this thread and understand it? If you pay $25 to join the Navy League's San Diego Council that will qualify you to join NFCU. Just RTFM (THIS thread!).

Maybe Konseed that you Californians are nutty. I dont live in San Diego. Are yoy saying I can pay $25 to get in?

I believe that is what this 36 page long thread which coincidentally is titled "NFCU is open to everybody!?!" has said many times, and in many ways.

- Themanwhocan, new Navy League San Diego Council member from Minneapolis, Minnesota, and new Navy Federal member.

Maybe Konseed that you Californians are nutty. I dont live in San Diego. Are yoy saying I can pay $25 to get in?

Your 20 new posts in this thread are why you shouldn't even be allowed to post outside of your feedback thread.

^ Alright. I will check that out..

(Oilcan and TheManWhoCan)

Your 20 new posts in this thread are why you shouldn't even be allowed to post outside of your feedback thread.

Kon-man.

Opinions are like butts...

Edited by rslifkin

Ok I think I have found it all:

I was sent a PM today about a way for basically anybody to gain access to NFCU. I undertook some reconnaissance, called their customer service line and asked some specific questions, and it appears it is a valid option.

1. Join the San Diego council of the Navy League. This costs $25. When you fill out the Navy League application, there is a part that says they will assign you a council membership by zip code unless you otherwise specify a chapter. Specify SAN DIEGO.

2. Print out your SAN DIEGO council Navy League membership docs.

3. Print out an NFCU membership application.

4. Complete printed out NFCU membership application.

5. Scan/email SAN DIEGO council Navy League membership docs, NFCU application, 2 forms of ID and throw in a utility bill for good measure. Email to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org It can also be faxed (I don't have the fax and was driving when I made the phone inquiry). It could also be done in-branch. IT CANNOT BE DONE BY PHONE, AND IT CANNOT BE DONE ONLINE.

CreditHunting brought this to my attention (Oorah) There was a MyFico post involved, but I called and check into the details before I made this post.

We need some guinea pigs. Please post your results.

As a data point: Online application works fine:

​- Applied NFCU online (Civilian>USA Federal Merger>Other>"NLSD")

- Navy membership Email requesting eligibility qualification

- I Emailed PDF of NLSD "Welcome" letter only (no photo copied driver's licenses, no SSN, no utility bills)

- Emailed "Welcome to Navy Federal"; accounts opened

Simple. Easy. Entire process took approx. 2 weeks; one Email. Apped CLOC, instant approval for $15k.

From what I understand NFCU is unconcerned about NLSD membership and there is no current efforts to "shut it down." While that is no reason to delay application, particularly if you've been chomping at the bit to join Navy for some time, I do not expect for Navy membership via NLSD to be shut down in the next year.

Thank you, Konrad, for everything you do here on CB - the knowledge you share, your Kontrabutions to making CB a positive place and your support.

Im back u up K-man here is the fax number 703-255-7976

Time to read, and have at it.

Much clicking was required, but I think I got it!

+1

This is ridiculous. Now he will average half of the posts per page and never listen to the advice to read the OP.

Edit: I mean reading AND following through BTW, not just finding it.

Edited by mendelssohn

+1

This is ridiculous. Now he will average half of the posts per page and never listen to the advice to read the OP.

Mendelssohn. Opinions are like butts..

Ok I think I have found it all:

I was sent a PM today about a way for basically anybody to gain access to NFCU. I undertook some reconnaissance, called their customer service line and asked some specific questions, and it appears it is a valid option.

1. Join the San Diego council of the Navy League. This costs $25. When you fill out the Navy League application, there is a part that says they will assign you a council membership by zip code unless you otherwise specify a chapter. Specify SAN DIEGO.

2. Print out your SAN DIEGO council Navy League membership docs.

3. Print out an NFCU membership application.

4. Complete printed out NFCU membership application.

5. Scan/email SAN DIEGO council Navy League membership docs, NFCU application, 2 forms of ID and throw in a utility bill for good measure. Email to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org It can also be faxed (I don't have the fax and was driving when I made the phone inquiry). It could also be done in-branch. IT CANNOT BE DONE BY PHONE, AND IT CANNOT BE DONE ONLINE.

CreditHunting brought this to my attention (Oorah) There was a MyFico post involved, but I called and check into the details before I made this post.

We need some guinea pigs. Please post your results.

As a data point: Online application works fine:

​- Applied NFCU online (Civilian>USA Federal Merger>Other>"NLSD")

- Navy membership Email requesting eligibility qualification

- I Emailed PDF of NLSD "Welcome" letter only (no photo copied driver's licenses, no SSN, no utility bills)

- Emailed "Welcome to Navy Federal"; accounts opened

Simple. Easy. Entire process took approx. 2 weeks; one Email. Apped CLOC, instant approval for $15k.

From what I understand NFCU is unconcerned about NLSD membership and there is no current efforts to "shut it down." While that is no reason to delay application, particularly if you've been chomping at the bit to join Navy for some time, I do not expect for Navy membership via NLSD to be shut down in the next year.

Thank you, Konrad, for everything you do here on CB - the knowledge you share, your Kontrabutions to making CB a positive place and your support.

Im back u up K-man here is the fax number 703-255-7976

Time to read, and have at it.

Much clicking was required, but I think I got it!

+1

+1 for K

+1 for M

• Admin

- rep's for all you rejects. :warning:

Keep posting stupid crap like this and you'll get there fast. Everyone else always starts it? You'll need to update your siggy now.

I sent a money order for my -$5 savings balance to NFCU

Couldn't find a link to do it any other way.

The email i received said send a check, hope the money order works out though.

I wonder if i should have sent more as a thank u jesture.

my luk tho, n they prolly wood've refuunded me 24 dollars.

In the latest issue of the San Diego Council newsletter is states, "The San Diego Councils membership rolls are growing by leaps and bounds making it one of the largest Councils in the Navy League."

So, they seem to be happy about the influx of new members.

I remember back in the day he would only buy expensive watches and try to figure out how not to pay for them...

I remember back in the day he would only buy expensive watches and try to figure out how not to pay for them...

Oh, the good ol' days :D

• Admin

This is being seriously considered by admin.

Joe, quit it. You can't come into credit and try to dominate every popular thread. People are getting annoyed with you. And don't argue back at me. I get unhappy - LKH gets MAD and he's coming for you.

Received the CLOC paperwork today.

So, my kid's issue with the CC app going to 24 hr review ... he put annual income when it asked for monthly. When he called in to check on it, the guy was like 'man, that is crazy. I was going to ask what you do for a living.' All cleared up now. He got $18k approval on CC and full $15k on CLOC.

Kongrats!

I got tired of waiting. Applied online. Approved overnight, no issue. I know it was THAT application they used, as the original one that I had emailed to them was only for savings. The online one had checking as well, that was what was showing when I went online...

Kongrats!

Im in, after a 15 minute phone call.

E-checking and Savings acct thus far. Visa debit will be sent out tomorrow.

I'm gonna wait a week...maybe 2, before I app for a CC and CLOC.

NO KONGRATS FOR YOU

I applied via email Saturday afternoon 6/25. I submitted my NFCU application, my Navy League San Diego welcome confirmation, drivers license, social security card, and current utility bill. I called in both Monday morning & Tuesday morning, and they had no information on me in their system. Called Wednesday morning and this time, the guy asked me if I was joining via Navy League San Diego. I told him, “yes”, and his response was "great, I will see if we already have you set up." I was still not in their system, so he put me on hold while he worked with member services. He then told me my application was under review, and I should receive and email within 24 hours about my account info. I didn’t hear anything in 24 hours so I called again today and they processed my application and opened my account while I was on the phone with them. Thanks to everyone who has posted on this forum!

Kongrats!

Called in this morning and got a rep that was very helpful and got my account setup for me. Took about 15 minutes. Total wait time was 2 weeks from application submission to approval. Applied for cash rewards instant approval for $25k. Now to determine if I want to apply for a LOC or wait a bit and then apply.

Kongrats! If you opened a checking account, apply for the CLOC now.

App filled last Thursday night(last week), TU pulled Tuesday, welcomed to Navy Wednesday,

funded both savings and checking accounts over the phone today($100 each)

Process as smooth as butter

Thank you CB and special thanks to one of the MVP(most valuable posters) here, Mr. K.

Kongrats!

well this just sucks, got the nicest rep on phone today she stayed on phone with me until they set my account up. Told me what to do to get online access setup, however kept getting message website was down. Now it says Im locked out for too many unsuccessful attempts. So I called them, but I have lexis nexis frozen so she could not generate questions to ask me. Lucky for me there is a branch on long island at a merchant marine academy that allows public access so hopefully a branch visit can straighten that out. Waited 2 weeks, guess waiting til tuesday wont kill me, really wanted to apply for a card though.

Go to the branch. Take your Social Security Card, Passport, a couple utility bills. You'll have an account.

Approved for CC w/ 25K line. Nice! I have higher line than this but this is the highest I've been approved as a starting line.

Does CLOC report to credit reports?

Kongrats. CLOC reports as a revolving tradeline

Thanks

• Admin

Admin does not have the ability to ignore. :(

We should find the software modification that allows someone to post, and it looks like it's a regular post in a thread, visible to everyone - but it isn't. It encloses the nuisance poster in his own little world, and no one else can see him. :lol: