NFCU is open to everybody!?!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

I app'd online by mistake on 6/18. Faxed in confirmation email, welcome email from SDNL, DL. Received email requesting proof of eligibility on 6/21. Emailed welcome email from SDNL again. Today got welcome email to NFCU! Yay and thanks Konrad! Flagship cc for $25K and CLOC for $15K approved instant. So glad to be in with NFCU!

If you dont mind me asking, what was your scores like and did they pull EQ for CLOC?

I've read that tthey pull EQ for the CLOC, but have not verified that. On EQ I have a clean report for past 5 1/2 (ish) years. MY EQ still shows a charge off, a short sale, and a couple of 30 day lates - all circa 12/2010-02/2011. Applied with reported income of ~33Km. Instant approval for 15K CLOC. Whoo hoo! This weekend I'll be setting up all my CC min payments thru my NFCU checking acct. Thank you to all the NFC tipsters!

Applied with reported income of ~33Km.

Is that pre or post-Brexit Km? Are you saying 33K/yr? or 33K/month?

I app'd online by mistake on 6/18. Faxed in confirmation email, welcome email from SDNL, DL. Received email requesting proof of eligibility on 6/21. Emailed welcome email from SDNL again. Today got welcome email to NFCU! Yay and thanks Konrad! Flagship cc for $25K and CLOC for $15K approved instant. So glad to be in with NFCU!

If you dont mind me asking, what was your scores like and did they pull EQ for CLOC?

I've read that tthey pull EQ for the CLOC, but have not verified that. On EQ I have a clean report for past 5 1/2 (ish) years. MY EQ still shows a charge off, a short sale, and a couple of 30 day lates - all circa 12/2010-02/2011. Applied with reported income of ~33Km. Instant approval for 15K CLOC. Whoo hoo! This weekend I'll be setting up all my CC min payments thru my NFCU checking acct. Thank you to all the NFC tipsters!

Applied with reported income of ~33Km.

Is that pre or post-Brexit Km? Are you saying 33K/yr? or 33K/month?

A year. And post-Brexit.

called back spent about 30 minutes on the phone I am in.

They are swamped.

I wonder how many additional applications they've processed since this thing got out. Plenty of overtime. The flood of new customers should eventually slow, once everyone who wanted to get in, did. Edited by Burgerwars

Since I got DW in based on my membership, I wonder if I can get DW's Navy League donation back? I'm kidding, it's for a good cause, and totally worth the ROI. And no haters!! I'm just so thankful to Konrad for bringing this, literally once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to us.

Just appd DW for the Cash Rewards, $19,500.

Edited by Whotheguy

They are swamped.

I wonder how many additional applications they've processed since this thing got out. Plenty of overtime. The flood of new customers should eventually slow, once everyone who wanted to get in, did.

As I mentioned in my post above, there was a 13k difference between me and DW's access codes in two days. Mind blown. They've got to be a$$hole deep in apps right now.

They are swamped.

I wonder how many additional applications they've processed since this thing got out. Plenty of overtime. The flood of new customers should eventually slow, once everyone who wanted to get in, did.

As I mentioned in my post above, there was a 13k difference between me and DW's access codes in two days. Mind blown. They've got to be a$$hole deep in apps right now.

And the SD chapter of the Navy League is very, very happy I reckon :)

They are swamped.

And the SD chapter of the Navy League is very, very happy I reckon :)

You got that right. Even at just 5000 new members at the minimum $25 Navy League donation, is $125k. They should kickback Konrad 1%.

Seriously, HOW MANY people do you think actually apped because of this post? 50? 100? Im pretty sure it wasnt anything like 1000...

Between here, (and remember there's lots of people that lurk and don't post, but act on info posted), MFico, blogs, people to people, Reddit, I think 1k would be a very easy assumption.

Seriously, HOW MANY people do you think actually apped because of this post? 50? 100? Im pretty sure it wasnt anything like 1000...

There have been 19,000 views.

(Granted, some of them are the same people.)

[*]Navy Federal is in the middle of a membership drive, so the department is experiencing higher the normal volumes of applicants and expected turnaround time is currently 3-5 days from when they receive the application.

Normally NFCU gives a member $50 for signing up a new member. They owe me some serious bread :)

Limit is $250 IIRC.

Then someone just tell them to make my check out payable to Wounded Warrior Foundation...but send me the receipt for the tax writeoff

Nothing against the Navy League so please don't get offended.

NFCU should of created a path of eligibility through a donation (at least $100) for Wounded Warriors.

I was thinking along the lines of Hege and Big Bear and passing on NFCU, however, it is only a TU HP and the checking is free, so I can keep the Navy for future potential firepower! Plus I will never lament in the future NOT joining NFCU. My question is does NFCU they pull Chex? I assume so, thus I will have to un-freeze them

You don't have to take a checking account. Who needs another checking account?

Exactly! WTF would someone let themselves get strong armed into opening a checking account when they only want a CLOC? :rolleyes:

Edited by PotO

There have been 19,000 views.

(Granted, some of them are the same people.)

Hmmm, I thought I viewed it 19k times.

I was thinking along the lines of Hege and Big Bear and passing on NFCU, however, it is only a TU HP and the checking is free, so I can keep the Navy for future potential firepower! Plus I will never lament in the future NOT joining NFCU. My question is does NFCU they pull Chex? I assume so, thus I will have to un-freeze them

Exactly! WTF would someone let themselves get strong armed into opening a checking account when they only want a CLOC? :rolleyes:

Uh pretty sure there needs to be a checking account established before applying for a CLOC. I'm complimenting your post PotO, not flaming.

You are underestimating things on a massive scale.

No.

First of all, they are in a recruitment drive. June is a very, very high month for enlistments and basic training units for each service branch are full. Navy has more staff than usual at every basic training center during peak season signing up fresh meat.

Some people have actually spoken to Navy about the NL path to membership and it was indicated that they haven't seen extraordinary activity on NL membership, but the door was nonetheless being closed. I find it hard to imagine that 1,000 or more extra NL applicants would go unnoticed.

Uh pretty sure there needs to be a checking account established before applying for a CLOC. I'm complimenting your post PotO, not flaming.

You're absolutely right. I was being sarcastic over CVs misunderstanding about the importance of a checking account with Navy.

For some reason on a mobile device the emoticon selection thing is unavailable and you have to type them in.

Edited by PotO

They are swamped.

Fantastic capacity planning, wouldn't you say?
You just couldn't resist...

Are you arguing that this isn't amateur?

Have you seen how Citi is doing with the Costco fiasco? Are THEY amateur as well?

Sometimes it happens.

No.

First of all, they are in a recruitment drive. June is a very, very high month for enlistments and basic training units for each service branch are full. Navy has more staff than usual at every basic training center during peak season signing up fresh meat.

Some people have actually spoken to Navy about the NL path to membership and it was indicated that they haven't seen extraordinary activity on NL membership, but the door was nonetheless being closed. I find it hard to imagine that 1,000 or more extra NL applicants would go unnoticed.

Are you saying the CB effect isn't a real thing?

[*]Navy Federal is in the middle of a membership drive, so the department is experiencing higher the normal volumes of applicants and expected turnaround time is currently 3-5 days from when they receive the application.

Normally NFCU gives a member $50 for signing up a new member. They owe me some serious bread :)

Limit is $250 IIRC.

Then someone just tell them to make my check out payable to Wounded Warrior Foundation...but send me the receipt for the tax writeoff

Nothing against the Navy League so please don't get offended.

NFCU should of created a path of eligibility through a donation (at least $100) for Wounded Warriors.

Couldn't agree more

No.

It is a real thing.

But in this case it is not why Navy is swamped now.

As to why the NL path to membership is going to be closed, it has to do with CB, but it wouldn't be getting closed unless a few members called and forced Navy's hand.

No.

It is a real thing.

But in this case it is not why Navy is swamped now.

As to why the NL path to membership is going to be closed, it has to do with CB, but it wouldn't be getting closed unless a few members called and forced Navy's hand.

So who can I get a report from first next month...as a member of course. I'd like to know how many new members joined NFCU in June and how many memberships NLSD added in June.