Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

NFCU is open to everybody!?!

This crock pops up every so often and it's likely some of those who try do slip through the cracks.

Unfortunately, however, in spite of what a misinformed CSR told K, joining the Navy League's San Diego Chapter does not -- in any way -- make someone otherwise unqualified eligible for membership in NFCU. The individual still needs to meet ordinary membership requirements as outlined on the NFCU website.

K, you should know better than rely on a front-line CSR for something like this. CSRs have been known to screw up even on general membership requirements let alone something as obscure as this.

I just got off the phone with someone in an infinitely higher pay grade at Navy and Navy League SD Chapter membership is a no-go. Never has been a go, never will be a go.

For those who say they've done it, post your membership number. If Navy League membership was your sole claim to fame, I'll wager $1,000 that your membership is nuked within 24 hours.

Edited by PotO

Figured I'd try this for science...but I can't find any membership docs. I got a receipt email for signing up, but nothing else. When looking online to find my membership number, it instructs you to look at the magazine they mail you. Huh.

Figured I'd try this for science...but I can't find any membership docs. I got a receipt email for signing up, but nothing else. When looking online to find my membership number, it instructs you to look at the magazine they mail you. Huh.

Read what PotO posted.

I wouldn't try it.

I'm curious if this "hidden method" is really a way for anyone to join.

From what I read about NFCU, many have joined without their eligibility being verified. The probably get hundreds of new account applications in the mail a day. They may not have resources to verify eligibility of all of them, so they just do a few. Then later on, if someone who has slipped through applies for another product, or through a random verification process, gets verified and they're not eligible, then they're shown the door.

That was what many thought the last time this was brought up.

There is no real way to know until someone gets the boot I guess.

It may be worth the risk for people who otherwise would never get in to NFCU, BUT I would not recommend that anyone who joins using this method use them for their primary banking institution in case they get the boot.

I want to join and then get kicked out.

Don't ask don't tell no longer exists

From what I read about NFCU, many have joined without their eligibility being verified. The probably get hundreds of new account applications in the mail a day. They may not have resources to verify eligibility of all of them, so they just do a few. Then later on, if someone who has slipped through applies for another product, or through a random verification process, gets verified and they're not eligible, then they're shown the door.

It may be worth the risk for people who otherwise would never get in to NFCU, BUT I would not recommend that anyone who joins using this method use them for their primary banking institution in case they get the boot.

You know you want an $80K card that would be easy for you to get. :P

So many mediocre (or worse) cards to choose from. How could I pick just one?

If the San Diego method fails, you can always become eligible using a more conventional route.

https://www.navy.com/navy/careers.html

A slightly better option ...

http://www.marines.com/home

;)

What about the (ch)Air Force?

Yes, Zoomies are welcome at NFCU.

Or the army, where reprogramming is not required
Give Bubba a semi-automatic & turn him loose?

Hooah

If the San Diego method fails, you can always become eligible using a more conventional route.https://www.navy.com/navy/careers.html

A slightly better option ...http://www.marines.com/home

;)

Semi-automatics are only for chAir Force. And Camp Fire Girls. The rest have fully automatics.

If it's any consolation, though, the SecDef is gonna authorize a pilot program to allow zoomies fully automatic pencil sharpeners. As long as efficiency improves and the casualty rate is low, they might agree to make it permanent.

If the San Diego method fails, you can always become eligible using a more conventional route.https://www.navy.com/navy/careers.html

A slightly better option ...http://www.marines.com/home

;)

Semi-automatics are only for chAir Force. And Camp Fire Girls. The rest have fully automatics.

If it's any consolation, though, the SecDef is gonna authorize a pilot program to allow zoomies fully automatic pencil sharpeners. As long as efficiency improves and the casualty rate is low, they might agree to make it permanent.

:rofl:

All of our M16A2's and M16A4's were S-1-3. And I believe the USMC transition is to M4's (S-1-3), not M4A1's (S-1-F)

The Army has had nothing but problems with their M4A1's. A bunch of undisciplined soldiers given a light profile 14.5" barrel weapon with a short carbine length gas system...and oh lets make it full auto so it overheats and fills up with carbon. The M4A1 was designed for SpecOps for suppressive fire while breaking contact. There's no need for a rifle company to have everyone carrying a full auto weapon. They keep needing PIP's to make them work properly. Now they have heavier barrels and buffers.

I figured zoomies would have those little mechanical pencils that cost a lot of money. Like an F35 pencil.

Edited by Konrad2012

You know you want an $80K card that would be easy for you to get. :P

So many mediocre (or worse) cards to choose from. How could I pick just one?

Exactly.

All of our M16A2's and M16A4's were S-1-3. And I believe the USMC transition is to M4's (S-1-3), not M4A1's (S-1-F)

The Army has had nothing but problems with their M4A1's. A bunch of undisciplined soldiers given a light profile 14.5" barrel weapon with a short carbine length gas system...and oh lets make it full auto so it overheats and fills up with carbon. The M4A1 was designed for SpecOps for suppressive fire while breaking contact. There's no need for a rifle company to have everyone carrying a full auto weapon. They keep needing PIP's to make them work properly. Now they have heavier barrels and buffers.

I figured zoomies would have those little mechanical pencils that cost a lot of money. Like an F35 pencil.

Just remember the army was in Fallujah first

Just remember the army was in Fallujah first

Affirmative, the 82nd Airborne was the first US unit to enter in Apr2003. Several weeks after, the 82nd Airborne lit up a crowd of non-combatants, killed like 20 and wounded 100. And so the stage was set.

How-marines-pass-asvab.jpg

Sorry, bro...couldn't resist... :grin:

iBowfish. U have a CSP with $1K limit? Huh!?!? I thought a card like that would be at least a $5k MIN? Or did you shift that limit over?

iBowfish. U have a CSP with $1K limit? Huh!?!? I thought a card like that would be at least a $5k MIN? Or did you shift that limit over?

Chase doesn't follow the typical $5k rule for a Visa Sig.

My Southwest RR Premier Visa Sig was $2k @ the time of approval. Confirmed Sig when the card arrived.