NFCU is open to everybody!?!

I opened NFCU checking, savings, credit card, and line of credit. All had good limits. I moved all my available money into the checking and savings accounts. I used the accounts for about 2 months. NFCU's fraud department closed all my accounts and wouldn't release my funds from checking or savings for about 3 months. The reason they gave: I was never eligible for membership in the first place. I think I was. I used my grandfather's discharge papers to join.

This is the Credit Union DifferenceTM, Enneffseeyou style.

The honorably discharged veteran eligibility has only been for a couple months. The timeline listed there is 2 months and 3 months. So basically they didn't meet the eligibility requirements upon initial membership application. No need to blame NFCU when someone could have joined the NLSD and legitimately recieved membership. No need to blame NFCU because someone doesn't know the difference between retirement and seperation.

I blame them for letting him in and then freezing his money later.

Most fraud takes a while to catch up to you

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

I opened NFCU checking, savings, credit card, and line of credit. All had good limits. I moved all my available money into the checking and savings accounts. I used the accounts for about 2 months. NFCU's fraud department closed all my accounts and wouldn't release my funds from checking or savings for about 3 months. The reason they gave: I was never eligible for membership in the first place. I think I was. I used my grandfather's discharge papers to join.

The honorably discharged veteran eligibility has only been for a couple months. The timeline listed there is 2 months and 3 months. So basically they didn't meet the eligibility requirements upon initial membership application. No need to blame NFCU when someone could have joined the NLSD and legitimately recieved membership. No need to blame NFCU because someone doesn't know the difference between retirement and seperation.

The poster wasn't accused of fraud.

Applying for credit union membership that you aren't eligible could be considered fraudulent.

Tell AMEX you make a $1mm/yr and then your 4506t shows you make $50K and you'll get shug down as well.

Applying for credit union membership that you aren't eligible could be considered fraudulent.

Tell AMEX you make a $1mm/yr and then your 4506t shows you make $50K and you'll get shug down as well.

Right, same thing.

I asked if I was eligible. I spoke with someone on the phone. They told me I was eligible. I told them the truth the entire time. My grandfather is a retired officer. I provided the paperwork (although, from what you are telling me, maybe it was the wrong paperwork - but they told me it was the correct paperwork at the time). They approved my application. What is fraudulent here?

I asked if I was eligible. I spoke with someone on the phone. They told me I was eligible. I told them the truth the entire time. My grandfather is a retired officer. I provided the paperwork (although, from what you are telling me, maybe it was the wrong paperwork - but they told me it was the correct paperwork at the time). They approved my application. What is fraudulent here?

Of course there is no fraud. This CU is incompetent and abusive.

They lost my membership application and supporting documentation twice. They processed the third set, and then set me up in their system incorrectly as a female.

When I noticed this, I called them and asked them to correct the error. Their response? They froze my bank accounts and made me resubmit everything a fourth time. Why? Security issue! :lol:

I would never put money I needed to run my daily life in this institution.

This place is a complete clown show, and only worth enduring under very narrow circumstances. Certainly not for banking.

I've already had a flagged concern after recently starting the membership there, likely keeping things primarily with my local CU. After opening my accounts, and before my first direct deposit has kicked in (Within 4 weeks) I received a call that my account was "potentially compromoised" after a "known fraud device" tried to access it.

Come to find out after almost 2 hours on the phone, that the only device accessing it was my laptop, by me. -_- But I had to close the accounts and reassign new ones, which means thus I have to redo my direct deposits, and it makes me shake my head. At least I don't have to use an access number for a username, though, rite? >_>

They lost my membership application and supporting documentation twice. They processed the third set, and then set me up in their system incorrectly as a female.

When I noticed this, I called them and asked them to correct the error. Their response? They froze my bank accounts and made me resubmit everything a fourth time. Why? Security issue! :lol:

This place is a complete clown show, and only worth enduring under very narrow circumstances. Certainly not for banking.

They have their issues - but so do the big banks (complementary WF cc and loan apps, anyone?). But 7 million members would seem to argue the description of "complete clown show"

Edited by JeffeVerde

They have their issues - but so do the big banks (complementary WF cc and loan apps, anyone?). But 7 million members would seem to argue the description of "complete clown show"

You can find 7 million people who will settle for just about anything.

I can't trump that :grin:

I can't trump that :grin:

Dang.

This thread has gone 112 pages. In before lock.

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Is the NLSD method still alive?

Any idea what would happen to an application from someone who had their accounts frozen and closed because of joining in the past but then being deemed ineligible for membership?

If there are other methods that are still alive, please PM them to me if you would like to help me out without making the backdoor public.

Is the NLSD method still alive?

Any idea what would happen to an application from someone who had their accounts frozen and closed because of joining in the past but then being deemed ineligible for membership?

If there are other methods that are still alive, please PM them to me if you would like to help me out without making the backdoor public.

Read the last several pages here.

• 2 weeks later...

My deceased father served in the military and was honorably discharged. He did not receive a pension. I've read conflicting accounts of whether that might get me in, with some saying no and some saying yes. I still have all his military papers so no issues proving anything if I indeed qualify. If I call them and somehow qualify, have they been purging members they later change their mind on? Having just gone through the insanity of what Chase pulled on me, I'm a little gun shy. But because of what Chase pulled, I now need to get a couple more cards.

My deceased father served in the military and was honorably discharged. He did not receive a pension. I've read conflicting accounts of whether that might get me in, with some saying no and some saying yes. I still have all his military papers so no issues proving anything if I indeed qualify. If I call them and somehow qualify, have they been purging members they later change their mind on? Having just gone through the insanity of what Chase pulled on me, I'm a little gun shy. But because of what Chase pulled, I now need to get a couple more cards.

If your deceased father was indeed honorably discharged then you are by definition eligible for membership. I'd make sure you find yourself a copy of his DD214 though just in case they start asking questions immediately or 4 months later.

Edited by Konrad2012

If your deceased father was indeed honorably discharged then you are by definition eligible for membership. I'd make sure you find yourself a copy of his DD214 though just in case they start asking questions immediately or 4 months later.

Thanks! I'm looking at it right now.

Read this NFCU link, bottom left panel

• Active Duty members of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard
  • Army and Air National Guard
  • Delayed Entry Program
  • DoD Officer Candidate/ROTC
  • DoD Reservists
  • Veterans, retirees and annuitants

and then go to the right hand panel and read this:

If you have an immediate family member who has joined or one who is eligible to join, you can become a Navy Federal member. Immediate family members include grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members.

In the application process, family and household members are referred to as "sponsors" (the person through whom you're eligible for membership).

Your father was (finally) eligible as a veteran even though he did not get a pension, this is new as of February 2017, in effect since March.

You are eligible under his eligibility.

His death does not erase your eligibility.

Go to the BRANCH in person if you at all can, take all the paperwork as there is some faxing and stuff, and the bank staff can do it so you don't get lost in the membership loop that some of the perennial complainers here whine about. (A couple in particular seem to jump into every conversation and have done it better, longer or smarter than everyone else and therefore seem to believe they the right to constantly insult and degrade others who are just asking questions.)

Be aware everything with NFCU is an HP but if you are good to them they are good to you and the HP's are worth it. an NFCU thread on MF has a list of products that can use the same HP if app'd at the same time, so that can reduce that issue.

With your signature numbers they should start you in the 20K club w/the 15K cloc (max amount they allow for a cloc).

good luck let us know if you get in and what SL you get

So those who got in via the NLUS San Diego method are our memberships and accounts still valid? I Joined June 2016 and got a credit card at the time (Which currently has a $25,000.00 credit limit!!!) and I have had no issue at all with NFCU over the past 14 months, just been scared to make them my primary financial institution out of fear my account will be locked by the overzealous membership auditors.

Edited by PizzaPowerPunch

So those who got in via the NLUS San Diego method are our memberships and accounts still valid? I Joined June 2016 and got a credit card at the time (Which currently has a $25,000.00 credit limit!!!) and I have had no issue at all with NFCU over the past 14 months, just been scared to make them my primary financial institution out of fear my account will be locked by the overzealous membership auditors.

Fear, dread and anxiety: The Credit Union DifferenceTM

Fear, dread and anxiety: The Credit Union DifferenceTM

I think i'm ok (I Hope)

tBcGeH9.png

Once a member, always a member is a credit union catch phrase. Just don't close your share account and you'll be ok.

If you're a member of "Porn Stars Federal Credit Union" and are no longer a porn star, you can remain in the credit union.