Sign in to follow this  
Konrad2012

NFCU is open to everybody!?!

Oh. Go to the very first page and the first post in this thread. Everything you need to know will be right there with instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. Go to the very first page and the first post in this thread. Everything you need to know will be right there with instructions

Oh, duh. I read it and I still didn't realize it was in there- thanks.

It's a bit of a process, but well worth it to get in. Like many have mentioned. I was looking at getting a $500 secured card to start rebuilding 2 months ago, and now I have a card with a $17,000 limit! Will make it much easier to get in with citi and Barclays with a high limit card. No store cards with $200 limits on my reports.

It's a bit of a process, but well worth it to get in. Like many have mentioned. I was looking at getting a $500 secured card to start rebuilding 2 months ago, and now I have a card with a $17,000 limit! Will make it much easier to get in with citi and Barclays with a high limit card. No store cards with $200 limits on my reports.

Your anecdote MMD! (Work has been really ****ty of late.) If I could do half as well I'd die of excitement. To have that sort of security and rebuilding progress would make this all worth it!

Your anecdote MMD! (Work has been really ****ty of late.) If I could do half as well I'd die of excitement. To have that sort of security and rebuilding progress would make this all worth it!
If you don't get unsecured, go secured. I've read stories of people un securing and raising a limit to xx,xxx in a years time

If you don't get unsecured, go secured. I've read stories of people un securing and raising a limit to xx,xxx in a years time

Hoping for at least a modest CC and CLOC, hopefully some of this work will pay off.

I just sent my application, license and SSN card, a bill, and a digitally completed application by e-mail. I'll call to follow up and fund the account. Do you guys apply right after you're processed?

I did 2 minutes after my online access was set up

I applied on March 17 and submitted an ID and utility bill.

On March 24, I called to ask what was going on. After digging, they found my application and began to process it.

On March 28, I received a link to submit an ID and utility bill. I submitted them.

On March 31, they hadn't received my utility bill. I submitted it again for the third time.

On April 2, Hard Pull.

On April 4, "Welcome to NFCU"

On March 24, I called to ask what was going on. After digging, they found my application and began to process it.

On March 28, I received a link to submit an ID and utility bill. I submitted them.

On March 31, they hadn't received my utility bill. I submitted it again for the third time.

On April 2, Hard Pull.

Awesome. What are you scores?

On April 2, Hard Pull.

Only three times. That's memberlicious efficiency!

FYI, they have a 30K bonus on the Flagship CC right now and a $200 auto refi offer.

I have the Cash Rewards but could put this to good use with some decent MS.

I JUST got the Cash Rewards up to $30K. If going for a second card, do they normally match what you already have with them or is each product different?

Quick question about the credit products.

I stupidly tried the luv button hoping for an instant increase, and was declined. My 3rd CC statement cuts on the 17th of this month. Should I wait longer you think for the CLI request, or is that irrelevant to the 3 month "magic spot" for CLIs?

Also do they issue multiple cards? They have been... shockingly good with credit for me. Ive never been approved for hardly anything it seems, and its always a sweat. Since getting them (Scores - 640 TU, 620 EX, 615 EQ from myFico, 2 baddies, no BK)... ive gotten:

3600 Cash Rewards CC

3000 CLOC

5000 Personal Loan

Preapproval @ 5.3% for 7k used auto

Would like your opinions on CLI/2nd cards.

Edited by Acehawk74

After 3 weeks a dozen phone calls 4 faxes and a trip to my local branch (45 min away) it looks like I am finally seeing some progress. They finally have pulled my credit. So what's the next step?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

After 3 weeks a dozen phone calls 4 faxes and a trip to my local branch (45 min away) it looks like I am finally seeing some progress. They finally have pulled my credit. So what's the next step?

Once you get the welcome email, call the number and get them to set up online access. Then you're good to apply for CC, CLOC, what ever you want.

Once you get the welcome email, call the number and get them to set up online access. Then you're good to apply for CC, CLOC, what ever you want.

If I app to become a member and get in, can DH app for a CC utilizing my membership? Or would he have to be a member as well?

Soooo....I'm finally in. App'd for their cash rewards and was approved for a $5500 limit. Can I recon for a higher limit or do I need to wait?

Soooo....I'm finally in. App'd for their cash rewards and was approved for a $5500 limit. Can I recon for a higher limit or do I need to wait?

Others may chime in with more experience, but from what I've read, they're very good with CLIs, you just go a full 3 statement cycles (PIF before statement cuts) and hit the love button then.

So I got in NFCU. Waiting for a couple payments to post and all of my cards will be clean. No collections or lates, 3400 state tax lien is the only baddy.

300 first premier opened Feb, 2013

400 first premier opened Apr, 2014

500 credit one opened Dec, 2013

750 credit one opened August 2015

1300 capital one quicksilver opened Mar, 2015

2700 capital one quicksilver opened April 2015

I want to apply for a CLOC and card from NFCU but debating if I should dump first premier before I do or after. Hopefully they approve me.

I want to dump credit one too but I want to be wise and make a smooth transiition as possible from sub prime land.

I just got a 500 and 200 bump from capital one after telling them on a luv button recon that I wanted to kill first premier if they would replace the credit and they did.

Myfico has me at fico8 678 from equifax 640 fico8 from transunion and 672 fico8 from experian.

Debating how and when to drop these cards and apply for NFCU card now. Also should I wait until my report updates all these balances to zero from my recent payments?

Any advice on this next step is greatly appreciated!!! Been working hard for a long time climbing out of 400 scores with 20+k bad debt I managed without a BK.

Don't want to do something dumb now! Any advice?

I called NFCU yesterday and I'm almost in. I really want some positive tradelines to offset the one negative dropping my score so much, and I'm working really hard to get it off. I'd even PFD but I don't know if they do that.

Right now my scores via CCT are in my sig, but CK says TU dropped 36 points as of the update today. Should I hold off or should I apply for a CC and CLOC? Not doing anything proactive is bothering me.

Thanks <3

Right now my scores via CCT are in my sig, but CK says TU dropped 36 points as of the update today

1. Quit paying attention to Credit Karma.

2. "Currently rocking a metal-like Discover It Secured with a 200 large limit ... well, $200. Of my money. With 24.99% interest if I use it."

There's no interest rate on any cards if you pay your bill

Interesting. So since I made my San Diego Navy League donation and am officially a member, I guess I'm officially eligible for NFCU, at least based on the email above. Maybe I will enroll to see what happens.

https://www.navyfederal.org/pdf/applications-forms/NFCU97.pdf

Have to fill out the paper application and mail it, email it or fax it. Can't apply online. In Section B I checked Association/Community/Company and wrote Navy League San Diego off to the side, and I left section C empty. I also sent a copy of my drivers license and social security card (Front and back to be safe) and a screenshot of the acceptance email to Navy League San Diego and a screenshot of my bank statement showing the $25 charge to join Navy League.

Anyways if you're approved, you can get your access number here https://my.navyfederal.org/NFOAA_Auth/mktfindmyaccessnumber.xhtmland your temporary password I believe is the last 4 digits of your access number and last 4 of your social security number. Unless you specifically check I do not want Navy Federal Online Account Access. on the application.

And good luck!

What did you put for section D

For section D I marked

"Employed outside of the Government"

All the usual suspects are there with Military duty status, DoD Employee... added.

Edited by mec

Right now my scores via CCT are in my sig, but CK says TU dropped 36 points as of the update today

1. Quit paying attention to Credit Karma.

2. "Currently rocking a metal-like Discover It Secured with a 200 large limit ... well, $200. Of my money. With 24.99% interest if I use it."

There's no interest rate on any cards if you pay your bill

I know that, I was highlighting the relative poor terms of a secured card :D I PIF every month obvs.