NFCU is open to everybody!?!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much insight in this thread.    

It would have been better if it had not been posted anywhere.

- rep's for all you rejects.

Posted Images

Called today and followed up. No issues, got right in! That's the good news. But then I applied for the credit card and was declined. Boo. :-(

Go for the Secured .. don't be discouraged.

sent from encrypted device

Called today and followed up. No issues, got right in! That's the good news. But then I applied for the credit card and was declined. Boo. :-(

What do your cr's and scores look like?

U need to quit worrying about that and pull the trigger INQ don't matter DW was approved a week ago with a recent BK on file.

Hmm I currently have three cards with $400, $500 and $750 CL's and I know one will go up by at least $200 and hopefully later this year my CU card will grow as well. Should I join NFCU after I get all the CLI I can? I mean I already have a 1.5% cashback card but I hear they are more generous with limits and possibly use them as a crowbar for better limits for other prime cards.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hmm I currently have three cards with $400, $500 and $750 CL's and I know one will go up by at least $200 and hopefully later this year my CU card will grow as well. Should I join NFCU after I get all the CLI I can? I mean I already have a 1.5% cashback card but I hear they are more generous with limits and possibly use them as a crowbar for better limits for other prime cards.

Join while u can!

I would be shocked if they accepted me "again". I burned a nice bridge with them in the past :(

As is SOP with most credit unions, once they take a loss on a member....they subsequently revoke membership and IIRC Navy does this, however it's probably worth at least making a call to Navy, but they will surely require payment in full to even consider membership again.

Edited by Rogue

Join while u can!

+10,000

Don't even hesitate....seriously, WTF are you waiting for? Join the NAVY now!!!

Just for the record, I did get into Navy last summer WITHOUT a pull of any kind on any CRA!

I have Experian, Equifax, TransUnion, Innovis, Chex, EWS, ARS and SageStream all FROZEN! However for Navy I lifted the TU freeze for 10 days.....well in the Navy frenzy last summer it took them longer than 10 days to process my membership and frankly I had forgotten about it until I received a welcome email from Navy which was about two weeks after my TU freeze lift had expired and TU was frozen again! By the time Nave processed my application and granted me membership, TU was frozen and thus NEVER received a hard or soft CRA pull on TU or any other CRA, however they were all frozen! :grin:

Edited by Rogue

Quick question if anyone may be able to help....

2 missed payments end of last year credit one says they will remove but I have yet to see it.

no collections

5 cards 29% utilization

3500 state tax lien :(

Will the lien or missed payments affect getting into NFCU?

Called NFCU over the weekend and DH is in! Got the email, now just waiting for the welcome packet. CSR said to wait for that to fund the account. May have to send in docs at that time as well. We are in through DH's dad, who passed 2 years ago...he was retired Army. Once all that is done will app for a cc....secured if nothing else.

I sent my app last weekend using the NL. They sent me an email several days later saying that I did not send proof of address or ID, which was incorrect. Resubmitted last Wednesday and have been waiting ever since. Also called, but got the standard "it takes 3-5 business days."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All set up ready to go...app'd for cash rewards, got "Your application has been accepted and is currently being reviewed.

The processing time for a credit card application is 24 hours unless additional information is needed."

Declined for cash rewards. Apparently 4 months out of BK isnt a good thing...oh well.

Give it time.

I was a little over a year out of BK when they approved me for that card with a $2K limit.

Just got it upped to $30K a couple of week ago.

They are good for rebuilding. I would try again in 6 months.

Declined for cash rewards. Apparently 4 months out of BK isnt a good thing...oh well.

Give it time.

I was a little over a year out of BK when they approved me for that card with a $2K limit.

Without a BK, how long should it be before you ask for your first CLI? I was just approved with an $1800 limit this week.

Give it time.

Without a BK, how long should it be before you ask for your first CLI? I was just approved with an $1800 limit this week.

I would wait at least 3 or 4 statements before you ask for a CLI.

Give it time.

I would wait at least 3 or 4 statements before you ask for a CLI.

Great. Thanks.

How long does it generally take to get a response on an application. Sent one in on Tues. Got the automated response but no reply yet.

I submitted the application on Tuesday afternoon around 12:30 PM ET and recieved the welcome e-mail about 20 minutes ago.

Thanks. I guess I'll expect to hear on Monday.

How long does it generally take to get a response on an application. Sent one in on Tues. Got the automated response but no reply yet.

Sometimes you never get a reply, so you call back and they say they don't have your documents, so you send everything in again. And this can repeat a few times. Eventually they will approve your application but enter you into their system as the wrong gender. Then, when you call to correct their mistake they lock all of your accounts so you can't do anything with your own money, and then you have to submit everything again because they can't find the documents that they used when they originally approved you. Once that is all cleared up the rest of the disappointments begin.

I would be shocked if they accepted me "again". I burned a nice bridge with them in the past :(

As is SOP with most credit unions, once they take a loss on a member....they subsequently revoke membership and IIRC Navy does this, however it's probably worth at least making a call to Navy, but they will surely require payment in full to even consider membership again.

So I burned Navy in 2014 for about $3,000 with a credit card during my BK. They locked me out of my account and all the normal stuff. I kept getting statements in the mail from them so I figure why not try and see if I can re-open or activate my account. I called them and said that I couldnt log in online and wanted to know what I need to do. They said that it was because I hadnt logged in and that my account was inactive.

They reset my account and I was able to sign in online. Shocked is not the word.

Any who I went to open a checking account and test the waters and got an error message. I was very sad and figured I was really out.

I called them about the error message and they said that when an account has been included in a BK that they need to review it and see if it can be re-opened. I left it alone and figured it was a dead end.

I logged in for the heck of it a couple of days later and there was a brand new checking account opened! I dont know if this means Im back in but I did make a mobile deposit and Im laying low for now.

Im going to apply for a credit card once all of my balances have updated to zero and see what happens.

Just figured I would post my experience.