Sign in to follow this  
JokeStyles

CA Validated in Detail the Debt, Next Step in the Process? Paging WhyChat

I got probably the most detailed validation I have ever seen from a CA. It had every single signature in regards to the debt disputed. The only option that seems reasonable is Why Chat's SOL process but skipping the first step since I have already sent a DV to the CA and verification letter to the CRA's regarding the trade-line.

Here is what the letter stated as maybe someone can find a loophole or incorrect information that was sent during the validation process by the CA.

Dear Customer,

Enclosed are copies of the documents that support the debt owed to Scumbag Enterprises, Inc. Then shows the # they claim is owed and who to contact.

The following page states:

Your debt is unenforceable due to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations. For this reason you are hereby notified that we do not intend to initiate any legal action to collect this debt. This letter is sent solely in response to your recent request for verification (weird that use the wording verification, when I asked them for validation) of the account.

We believe the applicable laws regarding the statute of limitations as to credit reporting are as follows:

15 USC 1681c 604(a) and 604 © (1)

(a) "Except as authorized under subsection (B) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information: (4) Accounts placed for collections or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years." And © "Running of reporting period. (1)......"The 7-year period....shall begin....upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the deliquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action."

However, we are not authorized to practice law or to give legal advice. We suggest you contact an attorney to advise you of your legal rights in this matter.

Any suggestions?

The collection agency followed the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act guidelines plus they gave you information they do not have to give.

How much longer until the negative trade line falls off?

I got probably the most detailed validation I have ever seen from a CA. It had every single signature in regards to the debt disputed. The only option that seems reasonable is Why Chat's SOL process but skipping the first step since I have already sent a DV to the CA and verification letter to the CRA's regarding the trade-line.

Here is what the letter stated as maybe someone can find a loophole or incorrect information that was sent during the validation process by the CA.

Dear Customer,

Enclosed are copies of the documents that support the debt owed to Scumbag Enterprises, Inc. Then shows the # they claim is owed and who to contact.

Your debt is unenforceable due to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations. For this reason you are hereby notified that we do not intend to initiate any legal action to collect this debt. This letter is sent solely in response to your recent request for verification (weird that use the wording verification, when I asked them for validation) of the account.

We believe the applicable laws regarding the statute of limitations as to credit reporting are as follows:

(a) "Except as authorized under subsection ( B) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information: (4) Accounts placed for collections or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years." And © "Running of reporting period. (1)......"The 7-year period....shall begin....upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the deliquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action."

However, we are not authorized to practice law or to give legal advice. We suggest you contact an attorney to advise you of your legal rights in this matter.

Any suggestions?

They're letting you off the hook legally. Don't pay them.

The collection agency followed the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act guidelines plus they gave you information they do not have to give.

How much longer until the negative trade line falls off?

Roughly 1 year. Any issue with using WhyChat's SOL letter if they verify with the CRA's?

Dear Customer,

(a) "Except as authorized under subsection ( B) of this section, no consumer reporting agency may make any consumer report containing any of the following items of information: (4) Accounts placed for collections or charged to profit and loss which antedate the report by more than seven years." And © "Running of reporting period. (1)......"The 7-year period....shall begin....upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the deliquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action."

Any suggestions?

They're letting you off the hook legally. Don't pay them.

Yes I know, Just trying to get it removed from my report if at all possible.