Sign in to follow this  
hegemony

5 Places Americans Can't Travel

We were just in Brazil. It's a risk for pregnant women or those intending to get pregnant, but not everybody is concerned. Our Brazilian tour guide was visibly pregnant.

I'd go to any of those places. In fact, I went to the Philippines in Novemeber.

Minefields in Chad are in known areas. So stay away from those areas. Just like you don't play on the freeway or train tracks. Just like a Chinese tourist to the US shouldn't go gallivanting around Oakland, Flint, LA's Skid Row etc.

I could think of places in Iraq, A-stan, Syria, Yemen, Pak etc that would be way more dangerous...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/05/13/5-places-americans-cant-travel.html

um... yes you can. 3 out of 5 anyway...

question (reason for posting): do U.S. issued cards work on the DPRK??

If I'm not mistaken, there is a Cuban-ish embargo of DPRK (aka North Korea) dating back to the Korean War so no US funds of any kind are accepted in NK

I think you're right. I looked at a DPRK trip just to experience George Orwell's imagination but decided I have some standards/ethics.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/05/13/5-places-americans-cant-travel.html

um... yes you can. 3 out of 5 anyway...

question (reason for posting): do U.S. issued cards work on the DPRK??

If I'm not mistaken, there is a Cuban-ish embargo of DPRK (aka North Korea) dating back to the Korean War so no US funds of any kind are accepted in NK

I think you're right. I looked at a DPRK trip just to experience George Orwell's imagination but decided I have some standards/ethics.

To the best of my knowledge, nowhere other than Cuba does the Treasury restrict the use of the US Dollar like Cuba by common individuals.

DPRK is on my bucket list. And yes the NK will gladly do a currency exchange.

We were just in Brazil. It's a risk for pregnant women or those intending to get pregnant, but not everybody is concerned. Our Brazilian tour guide was visibly pregnant.

We have Zika here. So it's certainly not exclusively a South American problem.

I still refuse to subject us to the threat of Dominican moped gangs.

We have Zika here. So it's certainly not exclusively a South American problem.

Sorry for the self quote. Too late for edits. Our cases of Zika have all been foreign exposures, but it's just a matter of time before we have a native, wild locally caught case.

With cash, ok.

But never with credit cards.

With cash, ok.

Maybe 300 years from now, DPRK will start accepting credit cards.

I'd go to any of those places. In fact, I went to the Philippines in November.

Philippines is great. Some parts in Mindanao not so much.

But Duterte Harry will change that. :rofl:

With cash, ok.

If the radiation still isn't melting the plastic. :)

Seriously, it's one f'd up place. After you've been there all you've gained is the realization that going there was a mistake. Sort of like shooting yourself in the hand to see if it hurts when you shoot yourself.

With cash, ok.

If the radiation still isn't melting the plastic. :)

Seriously, it's one f'd up place. After you've been there all you've gained is the realization that going there was a mistake. Sort of like shooting yourself in the hand to see if it hurts when you shoot yourself.

Some years back a Swiss based company approached me about travel to NK. The NK had a German Heidelberg printing press and a intaglio press from a different manufacturer that needed some service and upgrades. I declined.

I figured they were using them to make "super notes". At one time it was suspected by the US Govt that some of the best $100 bill counterfeits were coming out of NK.

^^

"At one time?" You mean they are now no longer suspected?

Conventional wisdom among Chinese is that fake dollars come from Korea, fake Chinese currency from Taiwan and fake everything else from China. :)

^^

Conventional wisdom among Chinese is that fake dollars come from Korea, fake Chinese currency from Taiwan and fake everything else from China. :)

North Korea is really good at two things. Currency counterfeiting and crystal meth manufacturing.

^^

North Korea is really good at two things. Currency counterfeiting and crystal meth manufacturing.

Don't forget nuclear missles

^^

Don't forget nuclear missles

They haven't successfully miniaturized a warhead yet, so they technically don't have any nuclear missiles. Once they do, we'll deploy THAAD. Then China and Russia will cry very loudly.

I was in La Paz, Mexico for the eclipse back in 1991. Felt safer there than in my own hometown. Guess times have changed.

I'd go to any of those places. In fact, I went to the Philippines in Novemeber.

Minefields in Chad are in known areas. So stay away from those areas. Just like you don't play on the freeway or train tracks. Just like a Chinese tourist to the US shouldn't go gallivanting around Oakland, Flint, LA's Skid Row etc.

I could think of places in Iraq, A-stan, Syria, Yemen, Pak etc that would be way more dangerous...

I grew up in Flint and lived.... It's not that bad

Please. Most Americans don't even go to a neighboring state.

I live in CA. Don't even have any neighboring states worth a flying fork.

I live in CA. Don't even have any neighboring states worth a flying fork.

There's always Vega$

viva-las-vegas-elvis-presley-vhs-cover-a

I've never been to Oregon.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines