Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Finally switched from Credit Karma to Myfico and found out new issues.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Quick Synopsis is I got a divorce in 05 and had some bad credit and decided to wait it out and pay cash for everything. Went to buy a car in 13 and didnt have a credit score so did a joint account with my mother to purchase. I also got a $500 secured card from my bank in 2014. Dec 15 I qualified for a Disc Tire card. Besides an old Cap 1 CC (shows 15 yrs on EQ and Exp for age of credit except its not on TU so it shows 2 yrs). Thats all thats on my CR and all paid exc except the below neg.

A cable bill from 7/10 for $138 that was listed unpaid by Credit Prot Assc (recently-shows assigned 12/15) but I paid the OC directly 1 mth ago and now showing paid (EQ) and paid after co/collection (TU) and not reported on Exp.

Scores are 678 (EQ) 642 (TU) 761 (EXP)

Ive read different opinions but Im assuming best thing to do is send the 2 CRAs this account has been closed and return to OC. Then send to CA.

Also-last time Ive had a neg was over 10 yrs ago but have CONSUMER STATES IN REFERENCE TO CIVIL JUDGEMENT DISPUTES PAID IN FULL on my TU only but it doesnt reference an acct. I do not remember doing that (pretty sure I didnt) but Im assuming that would be simple to remove if its hurting me.

Thx in advance for any advice.

Quick Synopsis is I got a divorce in 05 and had some bad credit and decided to wait it out and pay cash for everything. Went to buy a car in 13 and didnt have a credit score so did a joint account with my mother to purchase. I also got a $500 secured card from my bank in 2014. Dec 15 I qualified for a Disc Tire card. Besides an old Cap 1 CC (shows 15 yrs on EQ and Exp for age of credit except its not on TU so it shows 2 yrs). Thats all thats on my CR and all paid exc except the below neg.

A cable bill from 7/10 for $138 that was listed unpaid by Credit Prot Assc (recently-shows assigned 12/15) but I paid the OC directly 1 mth ago and now showing paid (EQ) and paid after co/collection (TU) and not reported on Exp.

Scores are 678 (EQ) 642 (TU) 761 (EXP)

Ive read different opinions but Im assuming best thing to do is send the 2 CRAs this account has been closed and return to OC. Then send to CA.

Also-last time Ive had a neg was over 10 yrs ago but have CONSUMER STATES IN REFERENCE TO CIVIL JUDGEMENT DISPUTES PAID IN FULL on my TU only but it doesnt reference an acct. I do not remember doing that (pretty sure I didnt) but Im assuming that would be simple to remove if its hurting me.

Thx in advance for any advice.

Yep. Have the consumer statement removed. They are red flags to some creditors and this one that references a judgment not on your report is particularly bad.

Thx for the info-I sent both CRA's (EQ and TU) that Credit Prot Assc reported this debt to letters back in June to delete as it was paid to the OC-and also a letter to TU to remove my consumer stmt. I rec'd a letter from TU dated July 6 under "Investigation Results" that CPA (item) was deleted (results) and Personal Information (item) it states NEW INFORMATION BELOW (under results)-I'm assuming that applies to my consumer stmt on TU as it's under Investigation results. The next page is Personal Information with all my addresses and phone #'s and Employment Data-the statement is not on there. I've rec'd nothing from EQ.

However-I keep checking MYFICO and CPA is not deleted on either EQ or TU (never was on Exp) and the consumer stmt is still on TU-although I've received numerous alerts for balance changes on my CC's in the last cpl weeks. Shouldn't MYFICO be updated on CPA and my stmt as well? FYI-on Credit Karma it shows CPA was deleted 7/30 for both CRA's.

I thought MyFico updates quarterly?

To be honest-I'm not sure what their update schedule is but I've only got 2 CC's and I'm receiving alerts on them atleast once a mth that my balances have changed-so I would think it would be atleast mthly,

I thought MyFico updates quarterly?

To be honest-I'm not sure what their update schedule is but I've only got 2 CC's and I'm receiving alerts on them atleast once a mth that my balances have changed-so I would think it would be atleast mthly,

I believe you get some alerts regularly, but I don't think the reports and scores update often, so you may not know if something has been deleted until the next update. I don't know what things they send alerts on and what they don't alert.

They give alerts for certain things as they occur, but it doesn't update the report section, so you won't see the change there until the next quarterly update. That's how I understand it anyway. Check the CRA back doors if you want to be sure the changes occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email from MYFICO "Your new updated 3-bureau credit report & 28 FICO Scores are ready" and the collection and personal stmt is off-thx for the advice. Scores are 794 (EQ)- 764 (TU) and 788 Exp). No baddies but only 4 accts and not much credit available-going to do some more research here and find out best way to get some more credit for my situation.

Edit-WHO-HOO as it's been 15 yrs (since I got married) for my scores to be above 650 (was in the 5's for a cpl yrs and when I tried to buy a car in 2013 I didn't even have a score).

Edited by taguy

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.