Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

100K Amex Platinum Signup Bonus!

The last post in this topic was posted 1532 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Yes. You will want to use the $200 dollar credit again next calendar year before canceling.

$50.00 for 100,000 MR points.

You just need an AMEX card that can maintain MRs to keep the points...

SPG doesn't keep MR's right?

I was thinking of canceling PRG but I might just cancel this in 11 months and keep PRG to keep MR's. I hope AMEX doesn't hold it against me.

I hope the Amazon MPX trick still works in 2017

Edited by Holysmoke

Yes. You will want to use the $200 dollar credit again next calendar year before canceling.

$50.00 for 100,000 MR points.

You just need an AMEX card that can maintain MRs to keep the points...

SPG doesn't keep MR's right?

I was thinking of canceling PRG but I might just cancel this in 11 months and keep PRG to keep MR's. I hope AMEX doesn't hold it against me.

I hope the Amazon MPX trick still works in 2017

Among the personal cards, Plat, PRG, Gold & Green charge cards... Everyday, EDP and Blue from American Express... hold points.

Other than the 75k MR and the $200x2 AFC, what other benefits of the Merc Pt can compensate for the $495 AF?

How about meeting min spend, banking 100K, getting a $200 travel credit, then cancelling and getting the AF refunded?

If you want to keep it, all standard Pt bennies apply.

Can you sell the $1k Merc certificate?

I think the terms say the certificate is tied to the card holder.

Cappy, this is an offer you should apply for. You can handle $3K spend no problem.

I haven't got a new card in over a year. Which is crazy now that I that I think of it. I really hope to be able to make the 3K spend with R$

I ran a bunch of car payments through my PRG and DW's PRG to help meet the spend. Closest thing to M$ without actually doing M$. :grin:

how can you run car payments thru AMEX?

My auto lender accepts CCs for payment online. No juggling of GCs or MOs required.

Points have posted but I have two weeks before statement is cut. When should I cancel the card?

I can't believe members are promoting pump and dump to get the AF back. I remember a certain member was taken to the woodshed for suggesting this exact same thing. At least some good came out of the beating they were trying to give him. :)

I can't believe members are promoting pump and dump to get the AF back. I remember a certain member was taken to the woodshed for suggesting this exact same thing. At least some good came out of the beating they were trying to give him. :)

I remember not everyone took you to the woodshed...

And looking at the bright side, your glorious martyrdom was one of the reason we got a little Advanced site.

Edited by Konrad2012

Today got my first ever Amex preapproval in the mail with no one time bonus language. Of course it was for the personal Platinum that I'm waiting for this 100k offer to come back. And this offer was just 50k.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lflemingjr2000
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines