Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

100K Amex Platinum Signup Bonus!

The last post in this topic was posted 1532 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I see it now.

Is this the highest personal plat signup bonus?

Hmm this is tempting.

Tempting? Its the historically highest sign up bonus on the personal. Available a couple days a year by mistakes, or by getting a mailed offer. I stole my wife's mail offer last year, going to use this link now.

Interesting... I just read that if you had the Ameriprise first year NO AF card, you could get this offer. Apparently 2 different products even though they are both Platinums.

Interesting... I just read that if you had the Ameriprise first year NO AF card, you could get this offer. Apparently 2 different products even though they are both Platinums.

You should read more...

You should read more...

I read plenty :P

I am floored, I was approved. wow. should I cancel the PRG then and save the $195 fee?

AMEX Platinum with member since 90 is going to be fun.

100k points, $200 amazon GC with airline credit.

Edited by Holysmoke

You should read more...

The fact that you are on here and DDF so much and bringing up noob issues like Ameriprise means you don't or smoke too much pot and cant retain stuff.

ALL AMEX PLATINUMS are considered different products.

pers Pt

Ameriprise

MBZ

Morgan Stanley

Schwab

Biz

Next you're going to say something like you didn't know the Ameriprise had free AU's, and you didn't know you and your buddies can round robin Ameriprise Pt's yearly so that you all have an AMEX Pt free forever (or until they start charging AF in year 1 or AF for AU's)

This is AMEX 090...not even 101 yet. :P

Edited by Konrad2012

You should read more...

The fact that you are on here and DDF so much and bringing up noob issues like Ameriprise means you don't or smoke too much pot and cant retain stuff.

ALL AMEX PLATINUMS are considered different products.

pers Pt

Ameriprise

MBZ

Morgan Stanley

Schwab

Biz

Next you're going to say something like you didn't know the Ameriprise had free AU's, and you didn't know you and your buddies can round robin Ameriprise Pt's yearly so that you all have an AMEX Pt free forever (or until they start charging AF in year 1 or AF for AU's)

This is AMEX 090...not even 101 yet. :P

Holy crap. I didn't know that. No need to read when you provide all the good stuff.. JK :P

But in all serious, I had no clue about this stuff

I don't really travel too much so I don't have a ton of use for the card.

Can I open it, blow through the spend, get the MR, use the $200 credit and Global Entry credits and then cancel without owing an AF?

Edited by almostanonymous

Yes. You will want to use the $200 dollar credit again next calendar year before canceling.

$50.00 for 100,000 MR points.

You just need an AMEX card that can maintain MRs to keep the points...

Edited by mec

Can I open it, blow through the spend, get the MR, use the $200 credit and Global Entry credits and then cancel without owing an AF?

Yes. You will want to use the $200 dollar credit again next calendar year before canceling.

That's absolutely not what Anon was asking mec.

Yes Anon, if you bang everything out quick, you can cancel within 60 days and get the AF refunded. 103,000 MR's, $200 travel credit, $95-$100 GE/PreChek credit for $0 (maybe some GC/MO fees if you are M$ing the spend). Wife already has PreChek, so we are doing a pump and dump on this card.

I used PreChek last week, pretty sweet.

Edited by Konrad2012

That's absolutely not what Anon was asking mec.

Yes Anon, if you bang everything out quick, you can cancel within 60 days and get the AF refunded. 103,000 MR's, $200 travel credit, $95-$100 GE/PreChek credit for $0. Wife already has PreChek, so we are doing a pump and dump on this card.

I used PreChek last week, pretty sweet.

May even be able to keep the gold status on Hilton and Spg as it doesn't always cancel out right away

If you ever considered getting this card, go for it now. The time to app is when the signup bonus is at the historical high, and you never know if/when it will come back.

I jumped on this card at 100K last year a few months before a mortgage application. :angel: Fortunately, it wasn't an issue.

If you ever considered getting this card, go for it now. The time to app is when the signup bonus is at the historical high, and you never know if/when it will come back.

I jumped on this card at 100K last year a few months before a mortgage application. :angel: Fortunately, it wasn't an issue.

Will you be cancelling it and getting the AP no AF for the following year?

Will you be cancelling it and getting the AP no AF for the following year?

I'm canceling my Biz Platinum this month which I got with a 150K bonus. I decided to keep my personal Platinum and I have already received the airline credit twice.

Saw the re-emergence of the offer over the weekend and then the reddit link early this AM. Funny, the AF is coming up next month on my Biz Plat and I've been thinking about keeping it for the benefits and for the fact that they really don't seem to care at all how much I charge on the stinkin' thing. Then I was thinking about opening the Ameriprise to keep the benefits with no fee. Then i was thinking about having my better half open the Ameriprise and add me as an AU to keep the benefits with no fee. Now the 100k.

I'm interested in what you said, mendel. No issue doing it a few months before the mortgage app? We keep planning to buy a house (for like nearly 2 years now) and just not putting the time into finding one. At this point, we're actually looking at buying a fixer-upper cash to flip and then a mortgage on a house we want to live in (both at the same time)....if we could just take the time to look. Hadn't been apping anything in my wife's name as the first mortgage will be entirely in her name (hoping to own rental properties down the road with some in her name and some in mine)....but she's getting an itchy trigger finger and this makes my trigger finger even itchier.

Edited by TheScholar

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lflemingjr2000
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines