do I have to send EQ ID?!

Vonsheri

The last post in this topic was posted 2982 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I had started a dispute with equifax over two genuinely erroneous items

one is a collection by a defunct collection agency (medical $400) that was paid directly to the practitioner and never went to collections

and one a discover charge off where I am listed as the authorized user ($600 c/o) _ I was NOT an authorized user on this account- this is NOT my social security number

Experian and TU showed both of these things and deleted them in under 5 days

EQ started the dispute but wants ID to be faxed in including ss#?? what the heck. they clearly confirmed my identity when they gave me the damned report

do I have to send this stuff in? this is ridiculous to me

I dont have a fax and there's not a chance in hell I'm mailing this stuff

My equifax score is 48 points lower than my other two reports...its maddening

online dispute

I had very good success with this route in the past cleaning up my husbands credit prior to buying our house in 2010..my how times have changed

then it was experian that was my nemesis and eq took forever and a day but eventually got to it.

I guess if Im sending the stuff I'll have to drive and use a fax at staples- theres no chance I'm mailing this stuff. i was the victim of identy theft 20 yrs ago and haven't touched credit since then because of it.

EQ is ignorant like that. I fought with them a couple of year ago, and finally just sent a copy of my license and SSN card. Then they said they needed proof of address, and I sent an old page of a cell phone bill (I hid the bill amount, due date, cell and account numbers).

The FCRA gives them the right to "verify" your identity. Go to FedEx Office, Office Max, etc. They can scan your ID and SSN card, and send you the .JPG file via email. One you get the file, you can use an online fax service to send it. Search Google for a list of companies (Some allow you a few free faxes before you fully subscribe).

Edited by tmcgill

thank you. I never thought to look for an online fax service.

I'm unfortunately going to have to send them a w2- our house burned down a cpl of years ago and I never replaced my ss card.

I wonder if I can redact the w2 some.

I am really ticked at this illogical bs they have set up

I would redact everything personal except the SSN. I only give them the bare minimum to prove my identity.

FedEx Office, etc. also have faxing at their locations. I like to use online faxing because I can track delivery myself. The service I use sends an email once the fax is delivered.

Luckily, I have a printer/scanner at home.

Edited by tmcgill

I just disputed an old address on EQ for the 4th or 5th time (they keep inserting it) online and they asked for Utility Bill, DL, etc once I submitted. I ignored it and a couple days later they completed it and removed the address. YMMV.

YOU ARE NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for an Authorized User Account. Others I'm sure will chime in, but I'd consider calling the CB's and disputing that directly with a agent.

Not that I've ever dealt with a Charged Off AU, but I've been able to remove normal AU Accounts easily, by disputing them as "not liable" through web disputes. They normally fall off very quickly...

• Admin

one is a collection by a defunct collection agency (medical $400) that was paid directly to the practitioner and never went to collections

and one a discover charge off where I am listed as the authorized user ($600 c/o) _ I was NOT an authorized user on this account- this is NOT my social security number

EQ started the dispute but wants ID to be faxed in including ss#?? what the heck. they clearly confirmed my identity when they gave me the damned report

You have read the FCRA ?

You have read the FCRA ?

not in a few years - I did this rodeo once before with my husbands credit reports - his reports were atrocious with his ex wife's accounts that he was never even an AU on showing on his accounts and numerous charge off and a repossession from when he was deployed in a no contact zone for 18 mths.

I raised his score slightly over 160 pts over 3 months time and enabled him to take out the mortgage on our house.

I don't have my log in info from that screen name anymore or I'd log in through that

I actually beat MCM up bad enough they sent me a manila envelope with a 100 something page non disclosure agreement

now that I hopefully have proven I am not brand new- just returned after being denied credit for something on MY reports and not - what is the point you are trying to make?

the point I was trying to make is that through THEIR verification process i was able to obtain my reports, now they want ID verification? that doesn't make sense.

I remember EQ being a real PITA with my husbands reports too...and everyone at the time seemed to think Ex was the worst offender

I know he had to deal with executive services on numerous occasions for EQ ..I'm hoping I don't have to deal with that

I don't know the social security number attached to the AU- it is not mine, its definitely listed as an authorized user, not joint account- my mother abhors discover so it isn't hers and my father had had one credit card for 38 years and it is not discover so not his.

my dad likes to buy cars on it for the points when he can talk a dealership into taking it as payment :/

oh..and I did happen to notice yesterday that there is a duplicate student loan account across all three accounts

that is mine but i don't understand the duplicate - same loan servicer, different account numbers but definitely a duplicate

online dispute

I had very good success with this route in the past cleaning up my husbands credit prior to buying our house in 2010..my how times have changed

then it was experian that was my nemesis and eq took forever and a day but eventually got to it.

I guess if Im sending the stuff I'll have to drive and use a fax at staples- theres no chance I'm mailing this stuff. i was the victim of identy theft 20 yrs ago and haven't touched credit since then because of it.

Any dispute other than personal information or obsolete accounts should be done by CMRRR.

Once you get this dispute going, if EQ does not delete, submit a complain to the CFPB.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/#credit-reporting

all items deleted three days after faxing ID- apparently a redacted w2 was accepted. There was an erroneous address on here as well that if forgot I even disputed.

I asked my drs office if I could use their fax when I was popping in or an appointment

and maybe it paid off? I was waiting on EQ being straightened out to apply to NFCU

I applied for a gorewards today- instant approval for 15.9k @ 15.4% (whatever) and received two txt messages it was approved/ then received an email for the CC msg center and the card application was "in process"?

what the heck- is that a revoked approval or is it a time line problem? I was pretty happy to get a high limit card and now im a bit confused and disappointed

The last post in this topic was posted 2982 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.