Sign in to follow this  
creditrecovery

50,000 sign up after $3,000 spend in 3 months with Citi ThankYou Premier

50,000 sign up after $3,000 spend in 3 months with Citi TY Premier when applying in branches.

I did my app in the branch and was approved immediately. I couldn't find any signup bonus offers online.

HP on Equifax.

3x airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies/travel aggregators/tour operators, gas stations (including gas purchases made at warehouse clubs and convenience stores), commuter transportation, ferries, commuter railways, subways, taxis/limousines/car services, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, timeshares, bus lines, motor home/recreational vehicle rentals and boat leases and rentals

2x restaurants (including cafes, bars, lounges and fast food restaurants), and on select entertainment, including live entertainment, live theatrical productions, concerts, live sporting events, movie theaters, amusement parks (including zoos, aquariums, circuses and carnivals), tourist attractions (including museums and art galleries), record stores, video rental stores and on-demand internet streaming media

1x on other purchases

$95 annual fee waived first 12 months

I asked to keep the flyer:

citi%20ty%20premier%2050000_zpsh0l7zuia.

If you are a Private Bank member, they can complete your app in the local branch, but your information may not be linked, which means a bit longer process to re-enter you as a new customer.

My birthdate had to be entered incorrectly to generate the application. It was corrected seconds later once the new application generated.

Congrats on the card, and thanks for the tip about the in-branch bonus availability.

Be sure to get a copy of the offer from the banker. After I sent a message asking by what date I needed to spend $3,000 a Citibank rep (online) tried to say my offer wasn't valid since they had no record of sending me a solicitation.

I received a letter in the mail stating as much and asking that I send a copy of the offer. I sent it in by fax and received a nonsensical response that the offer was valid only through October 2015.

I called my private banker and the promotional offer to earn 50,000 ThankYou bonus points after spending $3,000 has been placed on the account.

I'm pleased since I was prepared to take all of my accounts to Chase if Citibank didn't honor the offer presented in the branch.

I'm already halfway to the $3,000 and received 2 promo offers for more credit ($15,000 personal loan and a line of credit for overdrafts).

Edited by creditrecovery

My 50,000 points was credited.

I have just over 70,000 points and see a decent amount of flights for 2 on the Thankyou portal in that range.

Edited by creditrecovery

I am finally using the points for this card (68,074) along with $235 cash to book 2 roundtrip non-stop flights to Columbia for March.

The points came in handy since flights are $1,086 so 1.25 per point.

I don't think I will keep this card though.

I've built up $20K in credit with Chase so maybe they will approve me for cards beyond Southwest.

Congrats on the redemption. I'd love to get down to Cartagena and kick back along the coast for a bit.

Congrats on the redemption. I'd love to get down to Cartagena and kick back along the coast for a bit.

Cartagena is pretty far from South Carolina.

so glad I moved my Forward TYP to premier; I just need to figure out how to use the 210k I'm sitting on.

Well I'd rather go to Cartagena.

ditto

We are also stopping over in Bogota and Medellin after Cartagena.

I want to visit the Colombia coffee triangle but probably can't fit that in on this trip.

Edited by creditrecovery

Creditrecover

Are you sure its the coffee your anxiously looking for?

Lol ...

Its a very nice Country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines