Sign in to follow this  
frenchy69

Chase freedom reconsider me

Just wanted to tell you I was denied for this card about 2 weeks ago

Ive called the next day to reconsider, the guy Ive talked to wasn't even listening telling me the reasons.

I said I understand ,then said have a nice day.

So I didn't take a NO for answer ,today Ive decided to call again,I had a got feelings that everything would be ok

I spoked to a nice lady listened what I had to say,asked me about my delinquencies,specially the judgment

Told her the judgement has been released and terminated Trans already removed it and EQ and EXP is in pending status right now.

I can send u a proof of the letter,She said no.

Then she asked me whats my income told her,was over 200k a year,if you want I can email you my current pay stubs right now.She said No.

The one thing I did say it really made sense to her ,I told her even in time of my troubles Ive never applied for credit cards.

Always managed to keep my house only person that was working at the time.

Then she put me on hold for 10 minutes I know God is on my side.came back she said based on my review I am going to approve you for $500 I know it is not much but at least I won't have an inquiry for nothing.

Thats my story ,,,so if you've got declined never give up ,

Thank you for this crediboard .

Thanks ..now looking back I should've waited one week would've made a big difference.

Ive removed a judgment and increased my score by 33 points.

$500 was a slap in the face.I don't need $500

It sounds like they normally wouldn't have given it to you at all. You can try for a CLI when you get the card.

When Chase gives you $500 it's their way of saying they'd rather loose $500 than have to deal with further annoyances from you.

CLI at activation will cost a hard pull. I doubt they will give an increase like that to a $500 card.

Agreed I called to have an increase the lady said she had to review my credit file again

Which means she had to pull my credit,I said don't worry about it.

I said believe me you are going to like me as a customer.

Ive already charged that $500 waited until the statement appeared paid it in full.

Its funny on Credit Karma in April it said it was fair chance to get this card, since Ive removed couple negatives now it says a very good chance.

I should've waited.

Edited by frenchy69

Agreed I called to have an increase the lady said she had to review my credit file again

Which means she had to pull my credit,I said don't worry about it.

I said believe me you are going to like me as a customer.

Ive already charged that $500 waited until the statement appeared paid it in full.

Its funny on Credit Karma in April it said it was fair chance to get this card, since Ive removed couple negatives now it says a very good chance.

I should've waited.

Don't believe Credit Karma. Ever.

If they happen to get it right, it's by mistake.

CLI request doesn't always cause a hard pull. I know that, because I did it with chase. No hard pull.

CLI request doesn't always cause a hard pull. I know that, because I did it with chase. No hard pull.

1 out of 10,000.

I know someone who jumped out of an airplane at 5,000 feet and survived even though his parachute malfunctioned.

Edited by PotO

CLIs with Chase that you request are always a hard pull. The only SP I have heard of from them is if they initiate the increase automatically.

Any approval is better than nothing but most $500 Chase approvals stay at $500 for a very long time unless you open another card and shuffle limits around etc.

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy, Actually, you are correct with Chase :blush:. The company that doesn't do a hard pull with a cli is capital one via online. It said so on their website. I just got confused.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines