Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

30% Transfer Bonus from Amex MR to Etihad Guest

The last post in this topic was posted 1508 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

There's a 30% transfer bonus from Amex MR to Etihad Guest right now through June 15, 2016.

That means if you use Etihad to book award flights on American Airlines, you only need just over 48K MR points (you do have to transfer in 1,000 point increments though) for the 62.5K needed for First Class one way to Europe or just under 38.5K MR points for the 50K Business Class ticket.

You should check availability on British Airways for AA award flights before transferring points.

AA Award Chart: http://www.etihadguest.com/Documents/Etihad%20Guest/member%20benefits/American-Airlines-redemption.pdf

Complete list of partners: http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-miles/airline-partners/

I'm seeing award availability in First Class on AA between DFW and FRA on a direct flight this fall which means it would cost about 97K MR points round trip to get the 125K miles needed instead of booking on AA and using 170K miles for the same award ticket.

Edited by mendelssohn

I'm seeing award availability in First Class on AA between DFW and FRA on a direct flight this fall which means it would cost about 97K MR points round trip to get the 125K miles needed instead of booking on AA and using 170K miles for the same award ticket.

That's pretty good. 👍🏻

Points transfer newbie here... so if I have 50,000 AA points and I need 60,000 points for the flight I want, I would check to see if I could book that same flight through Etihad, and if so sign up at Etihad, transfer a little over 46,000 points, then book the flight I want? Are there delays while waiting for the points to transfer, I assume?

Points transfer newbie here... so if I have 50,000 AA points and I need 60,000 points for the flight I want, I would check to see if I could book that same flight through Etihad, and if so sign up at Etihad, transfer a little over 46,000 points, then book the flight I want? Are there delays while waiting for the points to transfer, I assume?

You need to have all of the miles with one program. You can't book an award flight on AA with a mix of AA and Etihad miles.

Just search on AA for milesaver. If you can find any flight with these booking codes, it can be booked with ethidad for use on AA.

Booking Codes:

T: Coach

U: Business

Z: First Class

You need to have all of the miles with one program. You can't book an award flight on AA with a mix of AA and Etihad miles.

Yeah, I figured that. By transferring the 46,000+ points that should work out to the 60,000 I would need. 46,160 x 1.3 = 60,008 if I'm understanding what's going on here.

Yeah, I figured that. By transferring the 46,000+ points that should work out to the 60,000 I would need. 46,160 x 1.3 = 60,008 if I'm understanding what's going on here.

Keep in mind that you need to transfer MR points in 1K increments.

I want to transfer my TY points to Ethidad...

Does anyone know if their has ever been a transfer bonus with the program?

Okay, I just read the above link, went to AA to check the flight and the departure and return are both booking code T. I have about 140k AA points. AA.com says the flight for 2 people, roundtrip, is 60k. Wording is a little confusing to me right now, especially where I read 'using Etihad points on AA'. To make sure I really do have this figured out, I have to 'sign up' at Etihad, then transfer points, then use them on AA.com? Or do I do everything from the Etihad site, or do I call them to do this or what? Sorry about all the questions, I really did try to comprehend what I was reading from CB and the links, just don't want to screw this up.

Okay, I just read the above link, went to AA to check the flight and the departure and return are both booking code T. I have about 140k AA points. AA.com says the flight for 2 people, roundtrip, is 60k. Wording is a little confusing to me right now, especially where I read 'using Etihad points on AA'. To make sure I really do have this figured out, I have to 'sign up' at Etihad, then transfer points, then use them on AA.com? Or do I do everything from the Etihad site, or do I call them to do this or what? Sorry about all the questions, I really did try to comprehend what I was reading from CB and the links, just don't want to screw this up.

AA miles can not be transferred.

Etihad is a transfer partner of Citi TY points, Amex MR points and SPG. If you have points in those programs you can transfer them to Etihad. Amex has the 30% bonus right now.

If you are using AA miles, you have to go by the AA award chart.

You have to call Ethidad and book with someone on the phone using your ETHIHAD miles to book for the AA flight. The booking codes mean they will be eligible for the flight to be booked via ethidad. You only use the AA site to check for availability, not to book on.

For those interested in booking AA Domestic flights with Etihad.

Here is the rundown:

Search on AA.com for milesaaver tickets in each cabin. Make sure the Booking Codes are:

T: Coach

U: Business

Z: First Class

If the booking codes aren't T, U Or Z, you will not able to book the flight.

These are the amount of Etihad miles needed for redemption on the AA Flight.

Coach 12.5K

Business/First 25K

First Class: 32.5K

$10.90 taxes each way.

Must be booked 14 days prior or can't be booked at all.

You can cancel 24 hours before the flight and they will refund taxes and miles, but they will deduct 2K points off the amount that was used.

Etihad Phone Number: 877-690-0767

Edited by Captivated

Just transferred my MR points and DBF as well to a family membership on Etihad.

412,100 points, that will bring some smiles to the family faces.

that is about 17 RT in US. NOT BAD.

Cap, Kman, thanks for the heads up. Charged and paid on gold and plat to get this done, and I am DONE for right now.

THANK YOU.

Cap, Kman, thanks for the heads up. Charged and paid on gold and plat to get this done, and I am DONE for right now.

Why be done? So many easy ways to rack up points/miles if thats what you're after.

TAKING A SMALL REST, kMAN.

Is everything ok? Do we need a CASEVAC?

Don't you have the Target offer on any of your AMEX?

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lflemingjr2000
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines