Sign in to follow this  
frenchy69

Chase freedom got declined

Hi

I applied to get a Chase freedom Visa,I only have 2 cards 1 CAP1 platinum Mast card since July 2015 and also have a Cap1 Silver Mast card since Feb 2016 . been paying in full every month

I wanted a Visa to use for Costco and its points.

I pulled my real Fico8 which i am paying .EQ is 646 EXP is 657 they only pull EQ and EXP.

So Ive received a denial letter yesterday they are saying my score is 606 .

How can it be?

Should I call them tell them my score was incorrect?

By the way Ive called them to consider I was told based on credit cards being a new ,I also have a judgment thats been paid and satisfied

that I am trying to remove right now.

I had some late payments on my mortgage in 2011 .

I make great $$ about 17K a month ,I am on track in a year or 2 my score will reach over 750.

I am so mad at myself for applying for this card,I got dinged for a hard inquiry lost 3 points for nothing.

Any suggestions when calling Chase ?

Edited by frenchy69

open a chase bank account with deposits like 17k a month, you will have them helping you alot more.

Do you know if they pulled FICO8 or was is a Bankcard enhanced Fico? There are different Fico's. Make sure you are comparing the same ones.

There are a lot of different types of FICO scores and an issuer may use one you are not tracking; some issuers might use two but only disclose one on AA. Some also use internal scores which are not FICO.

I agree with Holysmoke that chase responds well to those who use its banking products.

I imagine it's an internal score they use to determine how risky it is to approve you for a card. Does anybody know what type of FICOs you need to get approved for Chase Freedom?

I am not worried about getting this card.I could careless I applied for it to boost my score and to get the points.

By the end of the year I am sure they going to send me an offer when I reach that 760 score..lol! then Ill tell them f**ck off.

I am certain that Cap1 is going to give me an increase in june I am thinking over 5k,

Because I use my silver Cap1 for large purchases then I pay it the next day.

Well Ive called back the second time they reconsidered my approval,

They only gave me $500 limit but hey!! better than having an inquiry with no results.

Ill take it as a positive .

First thing when I get it ill charge $500 pay it the next day,

This card in 1 yr will have over 10K I can guaranty it.

Sorry lakers I don't have 800 score like u.But I am working on it.

I didn't apply for the $$ I applied to improve my credit ,I am solely concerned increasing my score.

I could careless about $500 or $5000 ,I want my score to be 850 in about 2 yrs thats my goal.

Edited by frenchy69

Sorry, Did not mean to offend you. But I really doubt that card will grow at all. Chase is not synchrony. Runny out and getting toy limit cards is not really go help you at all. In fact it might hurt more. Most would say work on your scores first, get them up over 680 and then app for a few cards, let them age then repeat. It's a slow process.

I don't keep a balance on any of my credit cards.

So you are saying Chase doesn't do any CLI at all ?

Ive read they actually do CLI in about 3 months .

Well you must start from somewhere right .

Which number did you call to get them to change their mind on the approval? And is a CLI with Chase a hard pull?

Ive called this # 1 888-245-0625 when you call just be soft and know what you're doing.

If you are here on this board you already know .

Good luck

Yes It was a hard pull they did pull EQ & and EXP ,

They said in the letter I had many inquiries which I didn't I have 4 on EQ 4 EXP.

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines