All things Barclays / Barclaycard / Barclay

The last post in this topic was posted 1332 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Data point:

Called for rate reduction, a nice young lady from West Punjab Province sent me back stateside, got a few points off the 2 cards I have.

Asked if there were any no-pull CLI's available, they said yes, got substantial increases on both.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats. Rates? What is substantial? How long since the last increase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rates from high teens down to mid teens, 30% or so CLI on both. No increase in about 12 months before that...they hosed me on a hard pull CLI try a couple of years ago so haven't given them much thought. Use the Sallie Mae cash back on gas and groceries pretty regularly, but rarely past the 250 threshold...use the Priceline for travel every once in a blue moon.

I started this thread over 3 months ago and finally sacked up to take a HP for a CLI.

Did it online.

$2,500 > $4,130

:blush:

Called the credit analyst number from the backdoor numbers thread.

$4,130 > $15,000

:good:

I told her I wanted to utilize the 18-month 0% BT offer I got in the mail for 9K.

Edited by CreditNewb15

I should say that Barclaycard was my first credit card. (1/2015)

I had a 630-something TU08 when they approved me for $2,500 and it's 770+ now.

This is my second highest limit.

Discovery: $23,500 (smash weekly)

Amex: $15,000 (3x CLI)

Barclaycard: $15,000 (HP and call to credit analyst)

Capital One: $14,500 (combo + soft pull every 6 mos)

PNC: $14,000 (auto approved when opening checking account)

Edited by CreditNewb15

Congrats! Way to go following up and getting that extra bump from the analyst.

You've got a good average limit there. I've got a lot of accounts but my average is low. Gotta start working on that now. I will definitely be calling Barclays back after my accounts age a bit like they suggested when I called the first time.

Congrats! Way to go following up and getting that extra bump from the analyst.

You've got a good average limit there. I've got a lot of accounts but my average is low. Gotta start working on that now. I will definitely be calling Barclays back after my accounts age a bit like they suggested when I called the first time.

Oh I definitely have some lower than those. Citi and Chase are still $7K and below.

I just posted the limits around that range because I know folks like to see where certain creditors come in with their limits.

Barclays has been my most conservative creditor until now.

I should really call in more often for them. Its been a while since I last called in.

Arrival + $10,000 -> $13,000 APR from 19.79 to 17.29

Apple $1,500 -> $2,200

Aviator Silver 0% until May 2017

I got a CLD on my Aviator about 2 months ago from 6k to 5k when I had a 0%BT on it of 2.5k and I had 5 new accounts report. So I was not surprised when I did not have a soft CLI offer for the aviator. I did pay off the BT last month though so will try again in a few months. I was just trying to lay low since I added some new accounts.

• 5 weeks later...

had a NFL rewards card for 3 months and decided to give recon a call. limit of 1,000 was what i started with 3 months ago. i requested a limit of 3,000. Denied, however i tried online and asked for a limit of 2500 and it was approved. guess i'll go that route again next time but request more. I admit, i dont have heavy usage at all using the card. Not sure how much that played into the recon call. But the online button didnt care...

Applied for the Barclays arrival plus this morning and was approved for 5000 limit. Really wanted that 50K miles intro bonus since I was couple of overseas trips planned next 12 months. I hated the low initial CL, actually my lowest limit of all the cards is 8500. I read on this thread that recon might not be successful to increase the CL. My scores are all 740+, so not sure why they gave me such a small CL and I don't have any baddies.

Is it worth recon risking a possible HP to try to bump this? I am also prepared to cancel the card if they don't increase it. Any suggestions?

Applied for the Barclays arrival plus this morning and was approved for 5000 limit. Really wanted that 50K miles intro bonus since I was couple of overseas trips planned next 12 months. I hated the low initial CL, actually my lowest limit of all the cards is 8500. I read on this thread that recon might not be successful to increase the CL. My scores are all 740+, so not sure why they gave me such a small CL and I don't have any baddies.

Is it worth recon risking a possible HP to try to bump this? I am also prepared to cancel the card if they don't increase it. Any suggestions?

A lot depends on your credit profile, but if you can't handle the low limit then I'd recon. Perhaps you can escape another hard pull. Keep in mind, though, Barclays isn't otherwise known as a generous lender.

I'm not sure I'd cancel the card if things don't go your way. You already took the hard pull and the account will likely still show up on your credit reports. The smart thing would be to use it, take their $500 gift and then promptly downgrade it to the no AF version prior to the one year anniversary.

I don't plan of doing a balance transfer but if I mention that I would be doing a BT for 15000, would that help with CLI increase on the recon? I am not sure if BT is a positive or negative in the eyes of cc lenders.

I asked for more than what they gave me, so I did not end up doing the transfer.

They have not clawed back the limit yet. This was 7 weeks ago.

Just called the recon and rep asked me why I need the limit raised. I told her 5000 is too little and I am planning to do a BT with their into offer and also some travel the next 12 months. I was put on hold and she comes back and said she looked at my report pulled today and do not need to do another hard pull and then asks how much I need. I told her 15K and I was on hold again. She comes back and tells me that I am approved for the 15K limit on the card. Phew...that wasn't bad, I was expecting some lame offer like 7500.

Apped for Barc Arr+ a few days ago. Got alert from CK of a HP on TU as expected. But the next day CK said the HP had been removed again?! Not sure what to make of that. I got a 10 day message about the app, so still waiting.

Aargh, checked online app status, and saw it was denied. Scores around 790, about 4 Inq and 7 new cards in last 12 months. Only Barclay cards are 2 SMs.

Should I recon? What do I say? (Never done this before.) I don't want to give up one of the Sallie Maes, though I'd go fo moving some limits over. Suggestions?

Apped for Barc Arr+ a few days ago. Got alert from CK of a HP on TU as expected. But the next day CK said the HP had been removed again?! Not sure what to make of that. I got a 10 day message about the app, so still waiting.

Aargh, checked online app status, and saw it was denied. Scores around 790, about 4 Inq and 7 new cards in last 12 months. Only Barclay cards are 2 SMs.

Should I recon? What do I say? (Never done this before.) I don't want to give up one of the Sallie Maes, though I'd go fo moving some limits over. Suggestions?

Yes... Recon.

Tell them you would like to be reconsidered for card approval. Offer to move some limits around if they don't offer first. Be prepared to answer A LOT of questions.

Yes... Recon.

Tell them you would like to be reconsidered for card approval. Offer to move some limits around if they don't offer first. Be prepared to answer A LOT of questions.

What kind of questions?

Yes... Recon.

What kind of questions?

Income, employment, why you opened 7 new accounts in the last 12 months, why is there a $10 balance on x card :D , etc., etc.

Just be honest, you'll be fine.

ETA - Tell them how excited you are to possibly get the Arrival + and how much you "just love" Barclay.

Edited by Kat58

The last post in this topic was posted 1332 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.