All things Barclays / Barclaycard / Barclay

The last post in this topic was posted 1339 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, barclays may be expanding its credit card biz soon...

If you were a lender in the UK with a US footprint wouldn't you? Get in and make some bread while US consumer spending is still ok and while interchange fees are still up...neither of which is true of the UK.

FWIW, barclays may be expanding its credit card biz soon...

If you were a lender in the UK with a US footprint wouldn't you? Get in and make some bread while US consumer spending is still ok and while interchange fees are still up...neither of which is true of the UK.

exactly :)

I applied in Feb of this year and was denied. All I had was Cap1 secured (post six months upgrade) and a QuickSilverOne and two dirty reports. I tried again in June and was instant denied again without a new inquiry. I called recon and they hard pulled EQ and TU and denied me again saying they wanted to see low balances. I paid off all and applied 8-1 and was denied online again. I called recon and they hard pulled TU and EQ and then asked me a barrage of questions. I was honest and explained everything. After a brief hold I was approved for the rewards card for 2k.

Scores are high 600's and one low 700's. EQ and TU are fairly clean. EX is not.

Looks like unless you are perfect on paper they want to talk to you and decide if you are worthy otherwise. They will grill you about everything.

I'm done for this year. I'm going to build Cap1, Barclays and AMEX and see where I sit after the new year.

I applied in Feb of this year and was denied. All I had was Cap1 secured (post six months upgrade) and a QuickSilverOne and two dirty reports. I tried again in June and was instant denied again without a new inquiry. I called recon and they hard pulled EQ and TU and denied me again saying they wanted to see low balances. I paid off all and applied 8-1 and was denied online again. I called recon and they hard pulled TU and EQ and then asked me a barrage of questions. I was honest and explained everything. After a brief hold I was approved for the rewards card for 2k.

Looks like unless you are perfect on paper they want to talk to you and decide if you are worthy otherwise. They will grill you about everything.

I'm done for this year. I'm going to build Cap1, Barclays and AMEX and see where I sit after the new year.

Congratulations! :)

Good job!

Barclays does like to see a year of use when your file is thin. Then, once you get in, the more experience you have with them the less they are concerned with things like INQs and new accounts. I also actually like Barclays recons. They have always been upfront, honest and helpful when I've had to call.

You've got three good cards now. Get rid of your derogatories and you'll be gold. Even with them, you are on your way up.

I was looking to apply for the Arrival card but the website says to please check back later to apply. Did they close down the Arrival card?

Jill in CO

You can apply via affiliate links. I just searched for Arrival+ review, and clicked on the Apply link on whatever site had it.

Thanks so much! Just applied and was approved.

Jill in CO

I was looking to apply for the Arrival card but the website says to please check back later to apply. Did they close down the Arrival card?

Jill in CO

You can apply via affiliate links. I just searched for Arrival+ review, and clicked on the Apply link on whatever site had it.

Jill in CO

congrats! mine took a week but was approved as well :)

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Thanks for posting that. my JetBlue has been pending 3 days and was getting worried by it still saying pending. Barclay still hasn't pulled my credit

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Thanks for posting that. my JetBlue has been pending 3 days and was getting worried by it still saying pending. Barclay still hasn't pulled my credit

I applied on the 22nd (early wee hours of the morning) and they didn't pull my TU until the 27th or 28th it looks like.

I asked Barclays 20 minutes ago to report my $0 balance mid-cycle and they told me its not legal to report to the CRA'S more than once a month.

Worthless POS

I was told they can only see my TU fico by doing a HP, SP don't show score. I asked how they obtained my TU monthly fico they give to customers. He didn't have an answer.

I asked Barclays 20 minutes ago to report my $0 balance mid-cycle and they told me its not legal to report to the CRA'S more than once a month.

Worthless POS

I was told they can only see my TU fico by doing a HP, SP don't show score. I asked how they obtained my TU monthly fico they give to customers. He didn't have an answer.

Screw that guy too

Worthless POS

Did you at least try the direct managers line number?

I am currently rebuilding after years of abuse. Im using a credit cleaning service that has done wonders over the last 4 months. I applied for a Barclays now that Im right about 600 according to my credit check total account on all 3. I got a denial from them so I figured it cant hurt to call and get details. I was transferred 3 times but eventually got to the right person. Oddly enough, the first 2 were Indian call centers and the 3rd (which was "the judge") was obviously somewhere here in America. Honestly, I wasnt pushing to get the card, I feel like I still have more work to do so I am more than willing to accept the denial for now. Ultimately, she said my scores were fine but my only revolving debt is less than 30 days old (credit one card). She told me to make 2 more monthly payments and keep the balance as low as possible and apply again. She gave me the disclaimer that said theres no guarantees, but told me after a long conversation to definitely apply and if denied, call in. She said ask for a higher limit of like $1,000. She was super nice actually and not condescending or anything. Seems like they really wanted my business but I have a little more to prove. I only wish the first 2 operators were here in the states because it was hard to understand them.

I am currently rebuilding after years of abuse. Im using a credit cleaning service that has done wonders over the last 4 months. I applied for a Barclays now that Im right about 600 according to my credit check total account on all 3. I got a denial from them so I figured it cant hurt to call and get details. I was transferred 3 times but eventually got to the right person. Oddly enough, the first 2 were Indian call centers and the 3rd (which was "the judge") was obviously somewhere here in America. Honestly, I wasnt pushing to get the card, I feel like I still have more work to do so I am more than willing to accept the denial for now. Ultimately, she said my scores were fine but my only revolving debt is less than 30 days old (credit one card). She told me to make 2 more monthly payments and keep the balance as low as possible and apply again. She gave me the disclaimer that said theres no guarantees, but told me after a long conversation to definitely apply and if denied, call in. She said ask for a higher limit of like $1,000. She was super nice actually and not condescending or anything. Seems like they really wanted my business but I have a little more to prove. I only wish the first 2 operators were here in the states because it was hard to understand them.

The first two you spoke with were normal customer service representatives who, it seems, ultimately put you through to an actual credit analyst. In the future, there's a number that you can call that puts you directly through to an analyst without the hassle. I don't have it offhand, but I think it's listed here in this thread or in the thread about frequently called / useful numbers.

Barclays usually likes to see a year or history before approving someone so if they told you to try back in a few more months then consider yourself lucky.

Just my observations... This is a suggestion for you and not a slam.

1) The credit cleaning service you mention is there to take your money and if they get lucky, give you some marginal results. Do it your self and put the 60 to 100 dollars a month under the mattress.

2) Seperate yourself from fee harvesting cards like Credit1. They are there to extract as much money as they can from you. Pay it off.

3) Take the money you saved by cleaning your own reports and put that against a secured card that will graduate and pay it before it's due. I recommend CapitalOne. They will bump your secured card in 6 mos and offer you an unsecured. There are others as well.

A CU will be your first "jump" to a higher limit card. DCU for example. Then the others will follow suit.

You must be adding new, good history while removing negatives from the past. Don't throw more good money after bad.

JetBlue declined....

-called for recon still denied for inq and new accounts

-called again this morning denied still for inq and new accounts

-called tonight and was put on hold for almost ten minutes, came back and confirmed my salary and time at job, approved for 5,000 !!!

No need to wait for the card to recon. Call now.

866-408-4064

i have barclay rewards CC for 11 months. CL = 3k. should i call to ask for a CLI after next statement? Should i mention that i would like to transfer a 6k$ or 10k$ balance from another credid card ? will it help ?

No need to wait for the card to recon. Call now.

866-408-4064

i have barclay rewards CC for 11 months. CL = 3k. should i call to ask for a CLI after next statement? Should i mention that i would like to transfer a 6k$ or 10k$ balance from another credid card ? will it help ?

I don't know if it would help, but you might mention it... Is the balance you want to transfer showing on your current report? If it is it probably wouldn't hurt.

Members have used the APR reduction request to get to the rear guard underwriters who can offer a soft pull CLI.

In the case of the Ring card the APR is fixed.

Is there another request besides APR reduction that can get one th the same underwriting department.

I was thinking perhaps asking if a product change was available.

I have had this Ring since late February 6th statement cuts on the 19th.

I called yesterday and selected the option "make a change to your account" & "other reason".

Asked about a PC to arrival +... The rep I talked to said they couldn't change to that product and that I would have to apply for it.

Then I asked if there was a possibility of a soft pull CLI request. She said it would have to be a hard. I told her a friend of mine had asked about an APR reduction on their card and that rep had offered a soft CLI request, I said I was aware that the Ring was a fixed APR product but if I would ask for an APR reduction who was the person I would speak with... She claimed (perhaps truthfully) that that would be her.

I told her that the card was just shy of its 6th statement and asked her if she would advise to wait until after the 6th statement? She said she thought it would be better to wait.

.... based on FA86's experience I think maybe I should just HUCA until they relent

Edited by mec

Members have used the APR reduction request to get to the rear guard underwriters who can offer a soft pull CLI.

Is there another request besides APR reduction that can get one th the same underwriting department.

I called yesterday and selected the option "make a change to your account" & "other reason".

Asked about a PC to arrival +... The rep I talked to said they couldn't change to that product and that I would have to apply for it.

Then I asked if there was a possibility of a soft pull CLI request. She said it would have to be a hard. I told her a friend of mine had asked about an APR reduction on their card and that rep had offered a soft CLI request, I said I was aware that the Ring was a fixed APR product but if I would ask for an APR reduction who was the person I would speak with... She claimed (perhaps truthfully) that that would be her.

I told her that the card was just shy of its 6th statement and asked her if she would advise to wait until after the 6th statement? She said she thought it would be better to wait.

.... based on FA86's experience I think maybe I should just HUCA until they relent

It might literally require an act of Congress for banks to PC a credit card before it is a year old. I'd wait until after the twelfth statement cut.

It might literally require an act of Congress for banks to PC a credit card before it is a year old. I'd wait until after the twelfth statement cut.

I don't want to PC it I just wanted to request a soft pull CLI

The last post in this topic was posted 1339 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.