american express and bankruptcy

leedspaddy

The last post in this topic was posted 2478 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I was filling out an application for an amex card and a pop up message came up basically stating that if you have ever held an amex card and defaulted on it then forget about it...I called them and they basically said the same especially after I told them that they were included in my 2008 bankruptcy........so basically amex are still holding a grudge even though the BK was 8 years ago and my credit has improved............just curious if anyone else has felt the same love and whether anyone can tell me that if I am blacklisted will they pull my credit if I was to put in an application

BL=denial with no pull.

I applied and yep I am blacklisted......their explanation stated that because they had cancelled previous accounts that they had to decline me...............I wonder whether that was the BK or the cancellation of the SERVE accounts that I had.

BL=denial with no pull.

I applied and yep I am blacklisted......their explanation stated that because they had cancelled previous accounts that they had to decline me...............I wonder whether that was the BK or the cancellation of the SERVE accounts that I had.

A lot of folks have had their Serve nuked with no impact on their credit card.

If you caused them a financial loss, odds are that you will be without an AmEx for a loooooong time.

What if you've BKed but did not include AmEx?

No idea.

I'd imagine they'd hold the BK against you for a few years, but then let you back in at least when it fell off your reports.

They may HP and approve or deny you.

Lately, people on CB have had some success with a BK reporting that is 5+ years old.

Now that D* is dead, treat them like any other issuer. They excel at travel rewards, so if you travel, get in with them. The BCP is a decent cash back card that most households can benefit from as well.

Amex will approve 5 years after discharge as long you did not IIB them.

Well that is me totally and utterly screwed then............they were included in my 2008 BK...............I am probably blacklisted for life even when the BK disappears...............as for my app......they didn't pull my credit

Well that is me totally and utterly screwed then............they were included in my 2008 BK...............I am probably blacklisted for life even when the BK disappears...............as for my app......they didn't pull my credit

Just keep applying every 4-6 months and maybe you'll get lucky one day. No pull no harm no foul

I was approved 10 years and 3 months after filing. It was less than ten years from the discharge date. I had been getting blacklist denials prior to that. I got the Delta card, and was given a 5 figure line. I owed them high four figures when I filed for Bk7 in 2005.

Edited by rooms222

I IIB a Juniper card in my BK and Barclays won't pull for me either. I'm currently black listed.

Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get back in with AMEX in a few years. I had them in the 80's and I did not IIB them. My discharge has only been almost 2 years.

If you are 4-5 years removed from from BK you can probably get most cards.

There are A LOT of cards with great benefits out there.

If the number was not huge, I think that they can take a payment. They did not sell the debt in a IIB.

My IIB with amex as not a large number but I never paid it. I just waiting until I was able to be added as AU to determine when I was off the BL

If the number was not huge, I think that they can take a payment. They did not sell the debt in a IIB.

AmEx will shuffle their feet and stutter a bit if you try to pay. They can't appear as soliciting or even encouraging payment of a discharged debt. However, at the end of the day, they will take the money.

It seems more people are slipping through the blacklist cracks, but IMO of the amount is small and one really wants to get back in, paying might not be too bad.

The last post in this topic was posted 2478 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.