So what did you get in the mail today?

TheVig

Via email: pre approval for Amex blue cash everyday

Chase mailer with a ridiculous APR for cash advance (may I never need their money)

BJ catalog

Did that catalog come in a brown bag?

Lol😂😂😂

Now, that would make it a great day!

Edited by 2ndlife

Chase envelope with CSR 5/24 denial letter. Looks like it was automatic because I apped on Monday 8/22 and the letter is dated the following day.

Time to wait for early October to test if the "no prequals for 6 months after a new card" is true...

bummer. did you call the auto line while waiting? if so, which message did you get? TIA

Chase envelope with CSR 5/24 denial letter. Looks like it was automatic because I apped on Monday 8/22 and the letter is dated the following day.

Time to wait for early October to test if the "no prequals for 6 months after a new card" is true...

bummer. did you call the auto line while waiting? if so, which message did you get? TIA

Yes, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday - said the anectodally-denial "you will receive a letter with our decision within 7-10 business days" the entire time.

This further suggests that the computer auto-denied me immediately after applying.

Even more BT checks from Barclays. Straight to the shredder...

You can have them stop sending you those if you send a secure message from your account (or call, but who wants to do that?).

I've done this with most of my cards.

Edited by cv91915

• Red plum ads

Blinds.com coupons on a postcard (35% off everything or buy 3 get 1 free

HOA board of directors nomination form

Auto insurance renewal notice and insurance cards for my San Diego car

Notice of cancelation for our Mudland cars and our personal umbrella policy due to non-payment (WTF?). The credit card that was on file was canceled and replaced with a new card, but this should have been ironed out over a week ago.

Bed Bath & Beyond coupon (20% off an entire purchase)

Bed Bath & Beyond coupon (20% off a single item)

Used copy of Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks, by Lonely Planet. Apparently spent its life in the Wilmette (Illinois) Public Library.

New York magazine, Aug 22 - Sep 4 issue.

Check from my dad's bank's bill pay service ($700)

Refi offer from Interactive Mortgage that would cost me more money than doing nothing.

More Redplum ads

Postcard offering free kickboxing lessons

Postcard offering swim classes for kids

FOAD letter from Discovery in response to my CLI request (INSUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH CURRENT LIMIT ON DISCOVERY CARD)

Weekly offer from Cox Cable for services I will never again purchase (traditional landline and cable)

HOA bill

Postcard offer from Verizon Wireless ($100 off select smartphones)

Solicitation for an season tickets to Broadway in San Diego (I'm strongly considering)

Flyer for the 2016-2017 Old Globe Theatre season

Lamps Plus catalog

FOAD letter #2 from Discover in response to my CLI request (INSUFFICIENT EXPERIENCE WITH CURRENT LIMIT ON DISCOVERY CARD)

• Notice of cancelation for our Mudland cars and our personal umbrella policy due to non-payment (WTF?). The credit card that was on file was canceled and replaced with a new card, but this should have been ironed out over a week ago.
Crossed in the mail?

No, the d1ld0 that helped me at the drive-thru window at the Carls Jr. in San Clemente about a month ago didn't give me my Aviator Silver back, which I didn't realize until I was almost home in San Diego. So I canceled it and got a new card... but forgot to update my State Farm profile with the new card number. The payment was rejected.

The notice is dated 8/17, so it's probably already fixed with the phone calls I've made over the past few days. I'm waiting for a call back from the mud people now to confirm.

• Notice of cancelation for our Mudland cars and our personal umbrella policy due to non-payment (WTF?). The credit card that was on file was canceled and replaced with a new card, but this should have been ironed out over a week ago.
Crossed in the mail?

No, the d1ld0 that helped me at the drive-thru window at the Carls Jr. in San Clemente about a month ago didn't give me my Aviator Silver back, which I didn't realize until I was almost home in San Diego. So I canceled it and got a new card... but forgot to update my State Farm profile with the new card number. The payment was rejected.

The notice is dated 8/17, so it's probably already fixed with the phone calls I've made over the past few days. I'm waiting for a call back from the mud people now to confirm.

Hmm. Wasn't aware I could put State Farm on a credit card besides the SFB Visa. I'm paying $12 per year for the "convenience" of having SFI come out of my checking account every month.