Jump to content

So what did you get in the mail today?


TheVig
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Misc check and cash deposits Centex. 

 

I take it you are kidding...I hope.

Partially...I don't do deposits at machines and I never make a purchase with a debit card.  Actually, it would be impossible to do so with the one from my primary bank- it isn't on the Visa or MasterCard network.  It literally is like the old Pulse cards from the late 70's where you can ONLY use it in an ATM.  I think I know where it is....

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, centex said:

Partially...I don't do deposits at machines and I never make a purchase with a debit card.  Actually, it would be impossible to do so with the one from my primary bank- it isn't on the Visa or MasterCard network.  It literally is like the old Pulse cards from the late 70's where you can ONLY use it in an ATM.  I think I know where it is....

I understand what you mean and I had to think for a minute what my debit card passcode was since I rarely use it. However, I did have two checks in small amounts that I chose to deposit in my Alliant checking account. There are no walk in branches where I live and the nearest one is over 100 miles north of me. All my monthly large deposit are on auto deposit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Discover is back with balance transfers, and the surprise is back.

 

It came to a complete halt at the height of the pandemic.

 

Gosh, almost $2,000 for the transfer service. The transfer fee is pretty steep.

 

uomnfqA.png

Edited by MP80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MP80 said:

Discover is back with balance transfers, and the surprise is back.

 

It came to a complete halt at the height of the pandemic.

 

The Discover bt offers on my account returned in December 2021.  Terms on my offers are consistent with those prior to the covid halt:  12 mo, 0%, 3% fee / 15 mo, 4.99%, no fee.

 

SLT53rL.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hdporter said:

 

The Discover bt offers on my account returned in December 2021.  Terms on my offers are consistent with those prior to the covid halt:  12 mo, 0%, 3% fee / 15 mo, 4.99%, no fee.

 

SLT53rL.png

I've never accepted a balance transfer from them. I am not going to start now.

 

Discover appears to be aggressively pushing lending. Over the past few months, I've been offered $35,000 to $300,000 in HELOCs and home loans, which is pretty generous. But there is no increase on my credit card.

 

The deal-plus side depends on the FICO 8 score, your FICO 8 score must have higher than mine by at least 20 points or so, and you got the better credit terms than me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, Wells Fargo sent another Reflect Card application. Just two weeks ago, the app was approved, what happened there?

 

The pre-approved offer from Comenity Capital Bank (Bread Cashback American Express Credit Card) was a surprise, never got anything from their marketing department, offering it for the first time. I used to get a Pre-Qual from Synchrony Bank, mostly to promote the gas card app, haven't seen their app since last year. Not many successful businesses have had a co-branded name model since the Costco warehouse affiliated with Amex, I'm going to pass this one especially since it's managed by Comenity Capital Bank, a notorious credit card closing bank despite no wrongdoing by the customer themselves.

 

 

f12EvcN.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

PenFed 1st quarter offer BT plus another BOTW card offer valid until March 31st sounds good if I need free money. So far, no debt of any kind has been needed to transfer. 

 

Itwpveo.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$305 Parking Violation notice from the Citi of Milford, MA for parking in a handicap spot on Nov 22.

 

The vehicle model/make and Lic # don't correspond to a vehicle we own.

On the date of the violation we were on a cruise, touring Cabo San Lucas that day.

 

Looking forward to seeing what it takes to amend this.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hdporter said:

$305 Parking Violation notice from the Citi of Milford, MA for parking in a handicap spot on Nov 22.

 

The vehicle model/make and Lic # don't correspond to a vehicle we own.

On the date of the violation we were on a cruise, touring Cabo San Lucas that day.

 

Looking forward to seeing what it takes to amend this.

 

 

Fun, fun, fun, NOT!  Keep us posted on the outcome please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, StarkRaven$ said:

Fun, fun, fun, NOT!  Keep us posted on the outcome please.

 

On 1/14/2023 at 11:39 PM, hdporter said:

$305 Parking Violation notice from the Citi of Milford, MA for parking in a handicap spot on Nov 22.

 

The vehicle model/make and Lic # don't correspond to a vehicle we own.

On the date of the violation we were on a cruise, touring Cabo San Lucas that day.

 

Called and left a callback request this am.  Just heard back ... less than 60 seconds on the phone and it was voided.  My skepticism in the efficiency of bureaucracy has just been culled back by a huge notch!  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, hdporter said:

 

 

Called and left a callback request this am.  Just heard back ... less than 60 seconds on the phone and it was voided.  My skepticism in the efficiency of bureaucracy has just been culled back by a huge notch!  ;)

Good deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amex Blue Business Plus card

Chase CFU statement

Amazon Sync statement

CFNA telling me to expect a Firestone MC in spring 2023. T&C was included. Will read it later.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, A Credit Ed said:

I love this car.  Not sure why Chevy cripples it with the slowest charging possible.  Fine for in-town, of course, but still.
 

I'm very much an in-town kind of driver.  I don't really travel, and when I do, it's serious destinations, not anywhere I can drive to anyway.

 

I think the lower speed charging is part of what kept the vehicle less expensive, but I won't swear to it.  But getting a 240V plug professionally installed in my garage for free is pretty keen, and then I can pick up a Grizzl-e pluggable L2 charger, crank it up to 40A, and completely refill my car after a day's worth of driving in an hour or two!  Hell, at that rate, I can completely fill the battery from dead in less time than it takes me to sleep.  But yeah anyway, so far so good!

[ETA]  I think you specifically mean DCFC is slow, because 7.2-11kw/h AC charging is pretty normal.  But yeah, no 150-350kw/h DCFC for me.

Edited by brainchasm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines