So what did you get in the mail today?

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

When is the last time you shopped for mobile phone service?  

My parents and my aunt share three lines for $68.91 a month (total post-tax).  Your $20 monthly credit exceeds TAD's entire bill.

Telecom is in Bev's sphere of control.  She last configured our options with her relocation to MA.  Her iphone and ipad are enrolled with Verizon.  I'm sticking with my minimalist AT&T prepaid, $2/day of activation option.  (That's been dirt cheap this last year, while I've predominantly been home-bound.)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BT checks from Citi (now with the fee dropped from 5% back down to 3%)   Automobile title from payoff of our last auto loan.

Got some medicine for my cancer. It came overnight. Yeah.

I think the whole "you need an installment loan reporting" exposes one of the weaker side of FICO credit scoring.  You can't tell me that among stronger credits, the presence of an installment isn't a

Citi Diamond preferred pre approval mailer. Just 2 weeks ago jumped on citi rewards + pre approval mailer, surprised to get this so soon, not really looking for balance txr, but would consider the double cashback card offer if it came up.  

I've opened 2 new accounts nfcu in November and citi in March.  First new accounts in over 2 years. I really want foot in the door with Chase, but think I should wait till all 6 of 18 cards with balances are under 49% (only 2 to go) overall utilization is a 5 yr low of 28% and dropping.  Maybe June for chase 😁

10 hours ago, TheVig said:

Replacement AA Platinum Select card. Chip died.

That's a little odd. Never seen a chip die. I did find today the RFID in my Chase FU is non-functioning. Not worth it to contact Chase for replacement, I just use my phone's NFC if I want to use the card for contactless payment.

Unexpected swag from Amtrak.

Tax dollars at work?

Electric bill. Credit balance. Do not pay. lol

Duke Energy. Barf.

20 hours ago, hdporter said:

Telecom is in Bev's sphere of control.  She last configured our options with her relocation to MA.  Her iphone and ipad are enrolled with Verizon.  I'm sticking with my minimalist AT&T prepaid, $2/day of activation option.  (That's been dirt cheap this last year, while I've predominantly been home-bound.)

What are you buying for $2 a day?  Data plan for a tablet?  Can't you just tether to your phone?  

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

What are you buying for $2 a day?  Data plan for a tablet?  Can't you just tether to your phone?  

Much more basic than that ... 24 hours of prepaid domestic cell access.

17 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

That's a little odd. Never seen a chip die. I did find today the RFID in my Chase FU is non-functioning. Not worth it to contact Chase for replacement, I just use my phone's NFC if I want to use the card for contactless payment.

Tax dollars at work?

Duke Energy. Barf.

Yep. On one of my long distance rides last year, I past the time by shooting video of the onboard experience. Also did some drone shots on a layover. Uploaded it to my YouTube channel. Their media dept came across it a couple of weeks back, and I guess they were impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Two pre-approved products of PenFed. The interest on personal loans is too high to be paid. I am not worthy or desperate to apply. The credit card is not a beginner to me. :D

KS1IZeU.jpg

S27JaDB.jpg

Hey Marv!  :wave:  :D

The objective analysis is that PenFed knows I am not, which is why I got the offer. 

I remind the CB members here to join PenFed join with a squeaky clean credit file. :)

17.99% on a personal loan? ... Nice to know that you have a refuge when the loan sharks have you under siege!

Online, PenFed offers rates as low as 5.99% on a 3-year personal loan.  Yet, when I completed their app for a rate pre-approval (no hard), it came back with 7.49% (PenFed last updated my FICO 9 at 834).

It would appear that it's a pretty thin cut for their best rates, even though most lenders don't distinguish risk at a FICO above 760.

Yep, you may be right on. I am peculiar and curious about the loan shark money-grabbing rate, even though my Capital One APR is @ 12.99%. The PenFed Platinum Signature Card was quoted at 16.99%. When I saw the interest rate of this loan and immediately made me scratch my head, it was from a credit union, and the interest rate should be much lower than that of ordinary banks. I even checked the Credit Karma website and obtained 6 pre-approved loans from various financial institutions, with interest rates ranging from 7.99% to 12.99% in the 36-month installment plan. Prosper's loans are the lowest, while Upgrade cards are the highest.

FWIW- The tradeline I need is an installment loan. Without this tradeline, you will be affected by negative credit reports, which is unfortunate and unfair to consumers. Only those who are familiar with the credit industry will notice that ordinary people are ignorant of these prejudices. Lol...I have been looking for this tradeline since 2017 and at the time, it was too late to apply for the loan from Alliant because the hatch was closed. Therefore, my FICO score in these three bureaus is 795-805. If I successfully add this tradeline to the credit report, my FICO scores maybe 820-830. :)

Realistically I don't need a loan, my credit utilization % is at 0.03% on average. Just as I don't need the American Express green card, I need it just because it looks good on my wallet. Does it make sense? No! However, it is difficult for me to consider closing it. :D

I think the whole "you need an installment loan reporting" exposes one of the weaker side of FICO credit scoring.  You can't tell me that among stronger credits, the presence of an installment isn't a relatively weak predictor of future credit default.

I think this is a factor that FICO should have discriminated more finely with, rather than relying on whole population statistics (which appears to be the case) in order to devise scoring for the factor.

For anyone looking for an installment tradeline, I think the best bet is to take a savings/share secured loan for a couple of grand and stretch repayment over 3 years.  The rate should be reasonable and the cost modest.

I can't see taking something like a $5K loan and parking the proceeds merely for the sake of some credit score points.  I'll stress that anything above 760 FICO pretty much serves no purpose other than bragging rights.