Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

So what did you get in the mail today?

18 hours ago, hegemony said:

roll it into an IRA with a low cost record-keeper like Fidelity or Vanguard.

Thanks, I was looking at this - I was also considering Schwab in case I get the Amex Platinum, is that a bad reason to consider them? :D I'm hoping my current employer eventually folds my workplace in to where we have a more formal system of stuff like this, but they've been so amazing so far that it's not like I think it should be a given.

In my line of work, traditionally, we don't have access to that stuff. 

17 hours ago, Krish said:

Checking mail once a week and still getting junk mail, they never quit.

On another note, going to pick up at 34" Ultra Wide used monitor from a local seller and wish to make the WFH experience a pleasant one.

Do you have Informed Delivery? I just got it when my sister got covid and I didn't want to handle stuff unnecessarily :)

52 minutes ago, smartlypretty said:

In my line of work, traditionally, we don't have access to that stuff. 

Do you have Informed Delivery? I just got it when my sister got covid and I didn't want to handle stuff unnecessarily :)

I did sign up when they started the ID and love the service. Only get the mail when I think I need to get to it. But the mailboxes are not huge, so they fill up pretty quick with magazines, junk mail, grocery coupons and other stuff we just throw in recycle.

Allen Edmonds store called and said my shoes have arrived and ready for pick-up. 

Pile of CC statements from pencil purchases. Actually bottles of water. Pass them out to the homeless. 

US Skank Cash+ Visa Signature. 

Replaces existing card expiring soon.

First Bankcard informing me that my Ducks Unlimited Visa card is being upgraded to a Visa Signature.

Preselected offers

from Citi Rewards+ 15K  Thank you points $1K  spend over 3 months/ $0 AF 

Citi AAdvantage  60K Aadvantage miles $3K spend over 3 months/ $99 AF

Not interested in either one. 

United Club card from JPMR card 🙁

prescreen offer from subprime discovery for a fake miles card 🙃

prescreen offer from amex for Delta pesos card for Mrs. H 😐

So What did you NOT get in the Mail Today

According to Informed Delivery on Monday my DH was expecting mail from the SSA but it never showed up. This is the first time this has happened. I submitted a missing letter report with USPS online and called the SSA. The SSA said they could only view his account but can't see letters. DH logged into his SSA account and nothing to show.

I hate this BS of cutting the legs off of the USPS. It is so worrisome.

15 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

According to Informed Delivery on Monday my DH was expecting mail from the SSA but it never showed up. This is the first time this has happened. I submitted a missing letter report with USPS online and called the SSA. The SSA said they could only view his account but can't see letters. DH logged into his SSA account and nothing to show.

One of my widow friends who is closer in age to my mom than me, her husband was a letter carrier who died not very long after he retired.

We meet on Saturdays online and I always say (we acknowledge everyone's partners) that we need his help to save USPS. :) This is so terrible and so worrisome and people have purportedly died from delayed prescriptions.

18 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

If you believe that USPS only recently started to suck, I respectfully suggest that you haven't been paying attention.  :) 

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

If you believe that USPS only recently started to suck, I respectfully suggest that you haven't been paying attention.  :) 

CV luv you dude but your response is pretty much what I expected you to say. 😆

It is true though that I've never had this problem before and informed delivery has been my gage. 

Received renewal AARP cards yesterday and handed Bev hers, saying I thought about holding it until her next birthday rolls around (60th ... shhh!!). 

I joined up in 2011 and handed Bev her first card 2 days after her 50th (she's NEVER forgiven me ...)

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

It is true though that I've never had this problem before and informed delivery has been my gage. 

In my experience, when something was on the ID daily email and it didn't arrive, it was usually mis-boxed (PO Box).  However, in your case, if it is an actual box and not the PO Boxes, then it was likely put in someone else's mailbox.  The lake house has a carrier that routinely misses houses by a good four blocks.  No amount of complaining for the last five years has done anything to resolve the matter...

1 hour ago, centex said:

In my experience, when something was on the ID daily email and it didn't arrive, it was usually mis-boxed (PO Box).  However, in your case, if it is an actual box and not the PO Boxes, then it was likely put in someone else's mailbox.  The lake house has a carrier that routinely misses houses by a good four blocks.  No amount of complaining for the last five years has done anything to resolve the matter...

Yes that is true. We use to have problems with that years ago. Our mailbox was filled several times with someone else's mail. On two occasions I caught it just as the mailperson started to walk away and I gave it back and told him, "This is not such-and-such address." About five or six years ago I signed up for informed delivery and stopped having problems.

Edited by StarkRaven$

check from Amica for not driving.

solicitation from local BMW dealer telling me that there is "high demand" for my car and that I should call to get a "real cash" offer or trade it in for a new BMW!!! um... I haven't owned that car for almost 5 years.

4 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

My early professional background includes a three-year stint in direct mail.  

During that time I personally mailed somewhere around 5 million pieces of First Class and Third Class Mail.  My interactions were at least weekly, and often daily.

The local USPS hated nothing more than seeing their largest customer come through the door with another 25,000 letters.  

"Sorry, you missed the 4:00 cutoff for today." 

"It's 3:52."

[shrug]

I assure you that they've been a horrific organization at least since 1992.  And that's without considering my experience as a consumer.

Edited by cv91915

3 hours ago, centex said:

Postmasters can and will take action from written complaints.  

I learned from the collection of experiences mentioned above that the Postmaster will not (or can not) take disciplinary action against an employee based on a customer complaint unless it's in writing.  

This is only part of the reason the place is (and has been) such a mess.

Edited by cv91915

6 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Being the spouse and sole care giver of a disabled spouse who suffers relentlessly from chronic pain which results in little sleep, it had become imperative for me to monitor the mail. In addition when I was working I would be gone three consecutive days so informed delivery emails were vital to me while I was away. So to suggest that I have not been paying attention could not be further from the truth. With that said, I don't know where the blame lies with this missing and potentially important piece mail and nor do you. It may well be delivered to a neighbor who said screw it, and threw it away. Or it could be at the post office still and they are short handed and haven't delivered it yet.

Edited by StarkRaven$

On 9/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Thanks goodness the letter was delivered today, late in the day. It was an important letter so I am relieved we have it. 😌

12 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I don't know where the blame lies with this missing and potentially important piece mail

You were clear on this earlier.  That's what started the discussion. ;) 

On 9/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Yesterday a BR30 LED flood light arrived.  

This was an Ebay purchase.  

Even though I drive by a Home Depot fairly regularly, I can't make myself go inside.