TheVig

So what did you get in the mail today?

I got a Bed Bath & Beyond flyer with a $5 coupon on the back, a mortgage refi offer that is significantly more expensive than either of the two we have in process, an HOA bill, a postcard from a REALTOR® telling me how much he understands my neighborhood, and a 2032 battery.

I may start a thread where everyone posts screenshots from the call histories on their mobile phones.

I'll trade you the PRG Offer for your BB&B coupon :P

Legacy Visa offer $19 AF. From the same Bank that sent me the Blaze MC offer. Lol.

One Main Financial. Wants to loan me money at 6% to 15%.

All sent to shredder.

A notice that I have a certified letter to pick up at the post office - our post man doesn't like to have to get out of his vehicle. So I have to leave work early to get there before they close, and drive across friggen town to pick it up. Bastards. It is so not worth my time or effort.

Are you saying there was someone home to sign for the letter? If it happens often enough you can sign a Form 3849 that your carrier will keep on hand for certified letters. This way they can leave them without a signature. Makes it much more convenient for you and your Letter Carrier.

My mail carrier did the same thing. I log in to my USPS account and reschedule the delivery for the next day, hahahaha. After a few times of this, he just delivered it on the first round.

Haha! I am def going to try this. The thing about it is someone is always home!! I've called the postmaster to only get " That doesn't sound like him, let me check into it" then I never hear anything back until my next certified notice. It's a pain in the butt! You're right though, next time I am making him come back :grin:

You have to file your complaints online. Those get genuine attention. I called once, got someone not the postmaster, and the woman kept trying to turn it back on me. I told her I was standing at the window and saw him put the notice in the box instead of coming to the door to deliver it. She tried to tell me it was my fault because I didn't run outside and stop him. I asked her since when was that my obligation, hung up, and logged in to my account, filed a complaint with the higher ups in DC. The place must have nearly exploded, because I got calls and emails from the local postmaster, apologizing and promising I would not be treated like that again, then he gave me his telephone extension, in case I had any problems. That all lasted about 6 months, until I got a new carrier.

In defense of the real mail carriers, most of them are devoted to delivering the mail under any circumstances. But over time, some slackers have gotten in there, and they give the good ones a bad name.

Sorry to go further off topic. :D

A collection notice from ARS National Services Inc. claiming Citibank has referred me to them for collection.

They want $800 on $2880 totally made up balance.

My policy is to never send money to so called CAs

1. Pre-approved Credit one Visa. I read "Credit line up to $15,000". Then I read it again and realized it was "Credit line up to $1,500". Laughed out loud. Put it in the shredder.

2. FNBO Visa application. This one is kind of interesting. Variable interest rate of prime (currently 3.5%) for purchases and balance transfers. There is a $99 annual fee, and the BT fee is 5%.

FNBO must be getting hungry. Mine has no AF or other fees.

Is the interest rate that low though?

I got a Bed Bath & Beyond flyer with a $5 coupon on the back, a mortgage refi offer that is significantly more expensive than either of the two we have in process, an HOA bill, a postcard from a REALTOR® telling me how much he understands my neighborhood, and a 2032 battery.

I may start a thread where everyone posts screenshots from the call histories on their mobile phones.

I'll trade you the PRG Offer for your BB&B coupon :P

What's the expiration date on the PRG?

I got my Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card today. It's so pretty! :dance:

And yet, id gladly trade mine for a Freedom Unlimited.

very nice letter from Experian indicating that they deleted my final negative - a public record that was due to fall off this autumn anyway, but hey a clean report is a clean report!

Went to the post office to check my box there.

Shell Gas card pre-approved offer. Sent to shredder.

I was gifted a BJ's warehouse membership about 3 months ago. Yuck. Pre-approved mastercard offer. Comenity product. Sent it to the shredder. I like BJ's, just not the warehouse kind.

My wife has been somewhat impressed with me, that most offers are going straight to the shredder.

very nice letter from Experian indicating that they deleted my final negative - a public record that was due to fall off this autumn anyway, but hey a clean report is a clean report!

That's Great!!!

:clapping:

You might want to check your FICO, or apply for an Amex and wait for the free FICO.

All I got today was a bunch of crap for the DW and kid today. It seems they're both preapproved for auto financing with Cap One.

My spouse got a Chase SW Visa and a denial letter for the SW Business Premier. So we're really gonna have to work for that companion pass. Maybe another 50K offer will show up in the fall.

A notice that I have a certified letter to pick up at the post office - our post man doesn't like to have to get out of his vehicle. So I have to leave work early to get there before they close, and drive across friggen town to pick it up. Bastards. It is so not worth my time or effort.

Are you saying there was someone home to sign for the letter? If it happens often enough you can sign a Form 3849 that your carrier will keep on hand for certified letters. This way they can leave them without a signature. Makes it much more convenient for you and your Letter Carrier.

My mail carrier did the same thing. I log in to my USPS account and reschedule the delivery for the next day, hahahaha. After a few times of this, he just delivered it on the first round.

Haha! I am def going to try this. The thing about it is someone is always home!! I've called the postmaster to only get " That doesn't sound like him, let me check into it" then I never hear anything back until my next certified notice. It's a pain in the butt! You're right though, next time I am making him come back :grin:

You have to file your complaints online. Those get genuine attention. I called once, got someone not the postmaster, and the woman kept trying to turn it back on me. I told her I was standing at the window and saw him put the notice in the box instead of coming to the door to deliver it. She tried to tell me it was my fault because I didn't run outside and stop him. I asked her since when was that my obligation, hung up, and logged in to my account, filed a complaint with the higher ups in DC. The place must have nearly exploded, because I got calls and emails from the local postmaster, apologizing and promising I would not be treated like that again, then he gave me his telephone extension, in case I had any problems. That all lasted about 6 months, until I got a new carrier.

In defense of the real mail carriers, most of them are devoted to delivering the mail under any circumstances. But over time, some slackers have gotten in there, and they give the good ones a bad name.

Sorry to go further off topic. :D

Once upon a time I worked for the single largest mail customer of the post office in an affluent North Shore Chicago suburb. The staff treated me like I was the biggest hassle they had to endure, because of all of the business we did there. When I came in, they had to get up and do something.

When I wrote a complaint about the biggest offender and mailed it to the postmaster, he called me and thanked me, because it was impossible to take any disciplinary action without a written customer complaint. He knew the guy I complained about was a complete turd but was powerless to do anything about it.

:clapping:

You might want to check your FICO, or apply for an Amex and wait for the free FICO.

Thanks Kat58!

mendelssohn - you inspired me. I signed up for mf's 3b thing just to see where everything is at officially. I had a few medical collections from when I was laid off while recovering from surgery in 2014, and a public record from 2009 but they've all been removed off all 3 reports since I started legitimately learning about credit last fall, about 9 months ago give or take.

I tracked my 3 bureau scores last year based on what I had access to (or from opening the first round of credit cards) and it looks like all 3 have come up about 100 points each (from mid-to-high 600's to mid-to-high 700's now).

APR tied to prime? Yeah if it's the AF card then yes.

What card is this? I'm kinda curious... ;)

Federal Rates aren't going up anytime soon. That's unbelievable if true.