Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

credit one cc

The last post in this topic was posted 1519 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

have a credit one card and have payed 0 fees besides my $50 annual fee and got it that low because I tried to cancel it when I first got it and they offered to lower the annual fee for that time. Used it multiple times and even had my GF do a cash advance and have not paid a single fee nor have I paid interest. If you plan on carrying a balance the card is not good because you will see those fees but I pay in full the following week after use.

Go away with the Credit One love, please. :stop::warning:

Not love just spreading the truth instead of misinformation. Some of you of never owned the card and just keep making up crap.

have a credit one card and have payed 0 fees besides my $50 annual fee and got it that low because I tried to cancel it when I first got it and they offered to lower the annual fee for that time. Used it multiple times and even had my GF do a cash advance and have not paid a single fee nor have I paid interest. If you plan on carrying a balance the card is not good because you will see those fees but I pay in full the following week after use.

No grace period.

Owned by Sherman Financial who owns LVNV.

This isn't a good card for anyone, and there are better options, even if you have FICOs in the 300s.\

I'm actually glad I gave them a try instead of dealing with secured cards and not knowing when my money was going to get returned or if the card was going to graduate. I rarely use the card now since I have better cards.

If you've done a cash advance, you have paid fees and interest.

Actually no I have not paid a dime in interest or fees. Don't tell me what I have paid when I know damn well what I have paid. When I did the cash advance it was paid off within a week. If I'm allowed to post my statement with info blocked out I can prove it. You guys that have paid interest are the ones that carry a balance on the card. Only money I've put into the card was the $50 annual sign up fee. That was way better then throwing hundreds or a thousand dollars into a secured card and not knowing when you'll get it back.

I will be closing the Credit One account when i'm about to hit my year but if they knock off the annual fee or let me keep it for another $50 i'll keep it. Right now I just buy small things on it just to keep it active. As for the credit limit on the card it's small since I didn't ask for CLI since my other cards have much higher limits, and paying for a credit increase is just BS just like I think getting a HP for a CLI is BS; and I just use the cards as a tool for credit building purpose.

I would bet you $500.00 you can not show 12 consecutive credit one statements with activity on each and no interest paid. I am not paying this to argue with you, I simply want your $500.00.

no I can't show 12 since I only had the card for about 5 months and have paid no interest in those 5 months. Like I said before I don't carry a balance and pay within a week of use of card. If you had card you probably carried a balance from month to month. Also if I had it for 12 months I'd be willing to take your $500. I love free money.

Edited by NattyPButter

no I can't show 12 since I only had the card for about 5 months and have paid no interest in those 5 months. Like I said before I don't carry a balance and pay within a week of use of card. If you had card you probably carried a balance from month to month. Also if I had it for 12 months I'd be willing to take your $500. I love free money.

Don't mess with mr juggs. Just saying.

so am I allowed to post statements if I black out info? getting very irritating with ppl telling me I paid interest when I have not.

Post one that shows a cash advance.

Secured cards are a much better option.

They supposedly offer cards both without and with a grace period but all cards are charged a transaction fee as well as interest on cash advances and those have no grace period.

https://www.creditonebank.com/pre-qualification/terms/all-terms

This

They DO have cards with grace periods, I know this for a fact.

To the OP: They have a high annual fee and they charge you a " fee" to receive a CLI! I advise getting a secured card if you are in Credit One territory. Eventually you'll want that turd off your reports. Better to have never been there in the first place.

Edited by parisamour

so am I allowed to post statements if I black out info? getting very irritating with ppl telling me I paid interest when I have not.

Post one that shows a cash advance.

Secured cards are a much better option.

OK i'll do that...I'll have to take a picture with my cell phone of my monitor because I tried download statement but don't know how to edit in MS Paint. So I have to do it that way.

Do you have the statement that followed?

20z5q3o.jpg

should be getting another statement soon and I spent $125 on it and I'm 100% positive I won't get charged interest. I use this card during the week I can't use my other cards because statement date is coming up.

Edited by NattyPButter

That goes against the terms and conditions cashnocredit posted where every single cash advance costs money.

The bottom portion of your first statement also does not seem to match the top.

Edited by mendelssohn

That goes against the terms and conditions cashnocredit posted where every single cash advance costs money.

The bottom portion of your first statement also does not seem to match the top.

I know I was prepared to pay the interest but when it didn't get put on my statement I was like WTF. I went over some papers and I did see that you don't get charged a cash advance fee for a year. But that was fee not the interest.

You can do better than Credit One.

So someone post that they are not getting hit with fees and interest even though many of you kept claiming they charge interest and someone shows proof and all you can say is they can do better? lol....The card isn't as bad as ppl try to make it out to be. Now if you got a no grace period card then yes it would be a very crappy card for building credit. I paid $50 bucks and that's it and didn't have to fork over hundreds or thousands on a secured card not knowing when you'll get your money back if at all.

Edited by NattyPButter

So someone post that they are not getting hit with fees and interest even though many of you kept claiming they charge interest and someone shows proof and all you can say is they can do better? lol....The card isn't as bad as ppl try to make it out to be. Now if you got a no grace period card then yes it would be a very crappy card for building credit.

Sorry, the bottom of your first statement doesn't match the top (where it shows balances subject to APRs for purchases and cash advances).

Also, they are owned by Sherman Financial who also owns LVNV, one of the largest and shadiest JDB/CAs out there. Doee it feel good to help make them money? They are scum.

You also stained your reports with evidence of credit problems for the next 10+ years (based on when you close the card).

Why would you not get your deposit back on a secured card? If forking over $500 for a secured card is an issue, you have budget and savings problems that will keep you from ever having good credit long term.

Also, why are you taking a cash advance on a CC? That's a bad idea no matter who the issuer is.

Edited by mendelssohn

So someone post that they are not getting hit with fees and interest even though many of you kept claiming they charge interest and someone shows proof and all you can say is they can do better? lol....The card isn't as bad as ppl try to make it out to be. Now if you got a no grace period card then yes it would be a very crappy card for building credit. I paid $50 bucks and that's it and didn't have to fork over hundreds or thousands on a secured card not knowing when you'll get your money back if at all.

Shortened list of my free cards

Quick silver x2

Bbva

Lowes

Wal mart

Dicks

Gander mountain

Amex

Citi

I can keep going

How about my bet $500.00 12 statements

Quick silver x2

Bbva

Lowes

Wal mart

Dicks

Gander mountain

Amex

Citi

I can keep going

The top and bottom of the first statement don't seem to match.

Quick silver x2

Bbva

Lowes

Wal mart

Dicks

Gander mountain

Amex

Citi

I can keep going

I know

So someone post that they are not getting hit with fees and interest even though many of you kept claiming they charge interest and someone shows proof and all you can say is they can do better? lol....The card isn't as bad as ppl try to make it out to be. Now if you got a no grace period card then yes it would be a very crappy card for building credit.

Sorry, the bottom of your first statement doesn't match the top (where it shows balances subject to APRs for purchases and cash advances).

Also, they are owned by Sherman Financial who also owns LVNV, one of the largest and shadiest JDB/CAs out there. Doee it feel good to help make them money? They are scum.

You also stained your reports with evidence of credit problems for the next 10+ years (based on when you close the card).

Why would you not get your deposit back on a secured card? If forking over $500 for a secured card is an issue, you have budget and savings problems that will keep you from ever having good credit long term.

Also, why are you taking a cash advance on a CC? That's a bad idea no matter who the issuer is.

now my statements are fake? Is that what you're trying to say? lolz did you really just say my reports is stained for 10 years for because of my Credit One account? OMG you can't be serious with the stuff you are saying. Also depending on the bank there's a possibility you won't see your money back from the secured card. Also I'm far from having budgeting issues and the cash advance wasn't me who took it out, and as you can see from statement I pay what ever I use within a week. These credit cards is a tool for me

Quick silver x2

Bbva

Lowes

Wal mart

Dicks

Gander mountain

Amex

Citi

I can keep going

I would never see the money and why would you bet me when you see that I have a card that has a grace period? I only use the card for 1 week each month because my other cards statement cut date is coming up. I'm not your typical credit card user. I use my cards like a debit card and pay off pretty much when the transactions go through, so you'll never see interest on any of my cards since I use them as a tool.

Quick silver x2

Bbva

Lowes

Wal mart

Dicks

Gander mountain

Amex

Citi

I can keep going

again what are you trying to say?

The last post in this topic was posted 1519 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.