Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

credit one cc

The last post in this topic was posted 1517 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

is this cc hard to get and also what cra they pull from and what score is needed :wave:

Why would you want this?

It's a fee laden POS card that you should RUN away from.

You would be better off investing in a secured card that graduates.

I would prostitute myself before I got a Credit One or First Premier card.

well we got to start somewhere im rebuilding like everyone else that had to when they were young

I get that we all had to start somewhere, but it doesn't always have to be with Credit One.

I was reading something online about piggyback riding people charging to put your name as authorized user to bump credit score and ratings umm a lil tempting , but seems shady idk :beee:

I was reading something online about piggyback riding people charging to put your name as authorized user to bump credit score and ratings umm a lil tempting , but seems shady idk :beee:

I would not do that, but if you have GF, family members, close friends?

Search for other secured cards. Any are better than Credit One.

And work on the negatives on your report. If you want, start a thread listing them and people can weigh in on how to attack them and get them off.

is this cc hard to get and also what cra they pull from and what score is needed :wave:

No. Just no.

Forget this piece of crap card.

Stay far, far away from Credit One. They are owned by The Sherman Group, the same bottom feeders that own LVNV and Resurgent. Hell effing NO!!!

And just a little FYI I had one of these 4yrs ago when I became unemployed do to major medical issues....They of course turned a little $200 card into a now $1000 chargeoff and if you haven't guessed by now Midland has it....

Search the secured card master thread. You will find much better options, look for a card that graduates. Discover is more finicky than most in regards to secured cards, it would seem.

have a credit one card and have payed 0 fees besides my $50 annual fee and got it that low because I tried to cancel it when I first got it and they offered to lower the annual fee for that time. Used it multiple times and even had my GF do a cash advance and have not paid a single fee nor have I paid interest. If you plan on carrying a balance the card is not good because you will see those fees but I pay in full the following week after use.

I'm actually glad I gave them a try instead of dealing with secured cards and not knowing when my money was going to get returned or if the card was going to graduate. I rarely use the card now since I have better cards.

Edited by NattyPButter

have a credit one card and have payed 0 fees besides my $50 annual fee and got it that low because I tried to cancel it when I first got it and they offered to lower the annual fee for that time. Used it multiple times and even had my GF do a cash advance and have not paid a single fee nor have I paid interest. If you plan on carrying a balance the card is not good because you will see those fees but I pay in full the following week after use.

Go away with the Credit One love, please. :stop::warning:

No grace period.

Owned by Sherman Financial who owns LVNV.

This isn't a good card for anyone, and there are better options, even if you have FICOs in the 300s.

I have a credit one i got in Dec14 ,before i joined this forum. They are charging me 8.25 a month now for my second year. I am going to keep it just for the age till next Feb. basically paying them over 200 for a tradeline. I wish i hadn't done it but the damage is done so i will suck it up and keep paying.

If they will pay me 1k for adding someone, what do you think they will charge you

I'm actually glad I gave them a try instead of dealing with secured cards and not knowing when my money was going to get returned or if the card was going to graduate. I rarely use the card now since I have better cards.

If you've done a cash advance, you have paid fees and interest.

Go away with the Credit One love, please. :stop::warning:

Not love just spreading the truth instead of misinformation. Some of you of never owned the card and just keep making up crap.

No grace period.

Owned by Sherman Financial who owns LVNV.

This isn't a good card for anyone, and there are better options, even if you have FICOs in the 300s.\

If you've done a cash advance, you have paid fees and interest.

Actually no I have not paid a dime in interest or fees. Don't tell me what I have paid when I know damn well what I have paid. When I did the cash advance it was paid off within a week. If I'm allowed to post my statement with info blocked out I can prove it. You guys that have paid interest are the ones that carry a balance on the card. Only money I've put into the card was the $50 annual sign up fee. That was way better then throwing hundreds or a thousand dollars into a secured card and not knowing when you'll get it back.

I will be closing the Credit One account when i'm about to hit my year but if they knock off the annual fee or let me keep it for another $50 i'll keep it. Right now I just buy small things on it just to keep it active. As for the credit limit on the card it's small since I didn't ask for CLI since my other cards have much higher limits, and paying for a credit increase is just BS just like I think getting a HP for a CLI is BS; and I just use the cards as a tool for credit building purpose.

The last post in this topic was posted 1517 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.