Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Visa plans to cut the wait for chip-card transactions

The last post in this topic was posted 1738 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

WG is still around 4-5 seconds for me. CVS is slow motion. Toady at CVS the chip reader wasn't working. Had to insert the card three times and let it fail before it would let me swipe. There is a plus for MSers with the chip cards. Less FA's.

I find the chip is getting quicker however I also carry more cash to avoid the 40 million chip reads for dunkin donuts, and small purchases. I like efficiency. Chances are I'm already late when getting my morning coffee. Don't want to burn those two extra minutes messing with waiting on a chip read

IIRC First Tech and UNFCU are the only places in the US to get a true chip and PIN card.

Not exactly true.

Barclays, (a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays UK issues true Chip and Pin cards to US consumers).

I've got 2, (Arrival+, and AA Aviator both have worked a treat at unattended kiosks in Europe and Asia).

The reason US banks haven't fully implemented the EMV standard is simple.

They were dragged "Kicking and Screaming" into this technology because they don't really care all that much about credit card fraud, (chocolate, they just pass the cost onto their customers).

"Chip and Signature" is just a way to pass these costs to merchants, (which will just increase the price of a gallon of milk to cover any potential losses). :rofl:

Too funny for words. :grin:

Ya the general technology approach in this country is ridiculously ancient. I was spoiled living in Japan. Granted, there are infrastructure design to be considered since US is so big but for something like card technology major companies could've came up with a single solution to boost NFC but noooooo. They all have to use their own including Square that think swiping is still a thing :\

IIRC First Tech and UNFCU are the only places in the US to get a true chip and PIN card.

Not exactly true.

Barclays, (a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays UK issues true Chip and Pin cards to US consumers).

I've got 2, (Arrival+, and AA Aviator both have worked a treat at unattended kiosks in Europe and Asia).

The reason US banks haven't fully implemented the EMV standard is simple.

They were dragged "Kicking and Screaming" into this technology because they don't really care all that much about credit card fraud, (chocolate, they just pass the cost onto their customers).

"Chip and Signature" is just a way to pass these costs to merchants, (which will just increase the price of a gallon of milk to cover any potential losses). :rofl:

Too funny for words. :grin:

I don't think they function as offline chip and PIN though. Only First Tech and UNFCU.

This is the list from FT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_TnruO1Kad7rjFEOESbHqs9DPV-SHlK5DpJyJG-W5Hk/edit#gid=0

Unless things have changed, the Arrival+ is:

CVM1: Chip-and-Signature

CVM2: Chip-and-PIN (online)

CVM3 & 4: Chip-and-PIN (offline)

CVM5: No CVM

Edited by mendelssohn

All my Rite Aids had the updated software yesterday.

Good. About time. Maybe it's safe to go back now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last post in this topic was posted 1738 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.