Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Spoke with a BOA credit analyst today...

The last post in this topic was posted 1724 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

He honestly didn't know the difference between a credit and a debit card.

I could swear I was talking to my 19 year old son (I could almost hear him playing PS4 in the background)

Every question I asked he answered it with TransUnion this and TransUnion that.

I felt like telling the flowers clown that I didn't apply for the TransUnion rewards card or DID I?

Last time I spoke to a BA credit analyst (an unasked for transfer when I called with a general question on my account sometime around 2009), I came away with a CLD between 2 cards from $72k to $33k.

Anyone else remember those days? Doubt I'd call them now even if the chip in one of my cards caught fire and was burning a hole through my wallet.

Last time I spoke to a BA credit analyst (an unasked for transfer when I called with a general question on my account sometime around 2009), I came away with a CLD between 2 cards from $72k to $33k.

Anyone else remember those days? Doubt I'd call them now even if the chip in one of my cards caught fire and was burning a hole through my wallet.

That's too funny.

I at least thought I would learn something today.

I was wrong :grin:

I could swear I was talking to my 19 year old son (I could almost hear him playing PS4 in the background)

I felt like telling the flowers clown that I didn't apply for the TransUnion rewards card or DID I?

Generally I have good luck with them, but every once in a while one slips through the cracks.

Generally I have good luck with them, but every once in a while one slips through the cracks.

That's been my exact same experience.

BofA credit analysts have always been awesome IME...even when they told me I would need more usage to get another CLI. They were honest and informed.

BofA credit analysts have always been awesome IME...even when they told me I would need more usage to get another CLI. They were honest and informed.

And indeed that they are.

In my experience they are definitely above board and compared to ALL my other card lenders BofA consistently leads the pack!

With reference to and addition to my above reply, even that one slight bugga boo produced a pretty good result.

As with anyone in any lending institution there will be that one off-day experience but with these folks it's very rare IMHO.

Yup. Have gotta agree with you on this and I'm not just saying this because they are my highest limit.

Awesome people to speak to.

Every bit helps.

My friend has a spirit card which happens to be funded by BOA.

I warned him to not get it. He now has 40K+ useless Spirit miles

customer-service-representative-working- Good Afternoon Thanks for calling Bank of America's Credit Analyst /Under Writing Dept what can BofA do for you today a CLI, a PC, Combine Limit's, APR Reduction, Waive annual Fee. :)

Edited by credithunting

Yep, credit crunch rule of thumb was to stay off the phone and many learned the hard way. 72 to 33k was actually a vote of confidence at that time based also on their unstable internal conditions, as you know. Managed to steer clear of AA with BOA (but was "Amexed") didn't call for anything as a precaution, like so many of us, which probably helped.

Somehow, a few months ago, ended up having a good experience on a Fidelity call where they went higher than request to get to an even number, ummm ok...currently the most generous of majors for me too, it's a moment in time, those now quick to praise may be singing a different tune if the tides turn back to tightening. Not so nice but don't have to take our word for it :lol:

Edited by virtualtreasure

Yup. Have gotta agree with you on this and I'm not just saying this because they are my highest limit.

Every bit helps.

https://www.spirit.com/FreeSpiritUseMiles.aspx

Toward the bottom of the page. ....he could play online games with them!

Every bit helps.

https://www.spirit.com/FreeSpiritUseMiles.aspx

Toward the bottom of the page. ....he could play online games with them!

There it is.

I was asking him questions while he was killing zombies. blue shirt!

Trust he's aware that the Spirit miles lapse after just 3 mo without new posted miles ...

Trust he's aware that the Spirit miles lapse after just 3 mo without new posted miles ...

Does that mean that, in the case of this card, credit is not a marathon but a sprint?

He is considering getting magazines with it. Probably the best value at this point.

People fly Spirit TWICE?

People fly Spirit TWICE?

Danny's, Boston Market, The Olive Garden, Red Lobster., Applebee's and last but not least Panda Express are all still in business...those are the people who fly Spirit

People fly Spirit TWICE?

Only in big front seat.

People fly Spirit TWICE?

Internet has been won for today, I can sign off now completely satisfied!

People fly Spirit TWICE?

Danny's, Boston Market, The Olive Garden, Red Lobster., Applebee's and last but not least Panda Express are all still in business...those are the people who fly Spirit

You're all elitist bahstads!!

I just had Panda Express last week :grin: And I'm flying Spirit to California next month. :rofl: Will I make it there? And will I make it back????

The tickets were free so I can't really complain. About BofA, that's my highest CL at $20k.

One time a few years ago I called for a CLI and got this really angry filipino lady who dug DEEP into my past accounts. Got declined for $6k back then.

The last post in this topic was posted 1724 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.