Sign in to follow this  
CramItCCCAs

VALIDATION!!! IT IS YOUR SAVIOR!!!

I have been noticing a lot of posts lately that seem to be talking the nuts and bolts of credit repair and negotiations with CA's that don't even mention validation. Remember validation is our most valuable right when dealing with a third party collector. Validation is the single most important step of your credit repair if you’re looking to pay/sue/negotiate/prove ID mistakes. If you have a CA of any kind on you’re reports or actively calling you or writing dunning letters

V-A-L-I-D-A-T-E!!!!

Even if you’re currently in a payment plan with a CA, validate. Even if you’re trying to get a paid CA TL off, validate. I don't care what the situation is, if you've got a CA on your tail, validate. And follow through, don't let them off the hook!

Here is a good link for those that would like to get rid of paid collections.

EDITED to remove link

Link removed, Muff, because that site charges for services and has poached our letters available freely without charge, without credit to the authors.

Same process, same letters, as recommended here out front in the newbies forum as well as the sample letters forum and my own index and starting point thread -- SAME as fave SchmuckIt is referring to in his original post.

Sassy

I have been noticing a lot of posts lately that seem to be talking the nuts and bolts of credit repair and negotiations with CA's that don't even mention validation. Remember validation is our most valuable right when dealing with a third party collector. Validation is the single most important step of your credit repair if you’re looking to pay/sue/negotiate/prove ID mistakes. If you have a CA of any kind on you’re reports or actively calling you or writing dunning letters

V-A-L-I-D-A-T-E!!!!

Even if you’re currently in a payment plan with a CA, validate. Even if you’re trying to get a paid CA TL off, validate. I don't care what the situation is, if you've got a CA on your tail, validate. And follow through, don't let them off the hook!

AMEN to that!!

I was going to send a letter from the sample letters forum, to pay a settlement for delete, while not acknowledging ownership of a debt.

I was thinking that to get things to go my way, that getting them to validate may be "pushing buttons" and may lessen my chances to get them to agree to a settlement.

Do you concur?

I was going to send a letter from the sample letters forum, to pay a settlement for delete, while not acknowledging ownership of a debt.

I was thinking that to get things to go my way, that getting them to validate may be "pushing buttons" and may lessen my chances to get them to agree to a settlement.

Do you concur?

I DO NOT!!

Making things go away is not easy, and unless you have an agreement in writing stating they will delete, 9 times out of 10 your attempts will fail. That's why validation is so important. Hey if you owe the debt, and you feel ok about the amount why should you validate? Because your locking up a collection trade line to remain on your CR, you probably will still have some kind of TL from the OC as well, and you've just made a complete stranger a boat load of money because they bought your debt for pennies on the dollar. Not to mention that they may very well not be authorized to collect the debt they maybe vigilante CA's phishing for a deal and selling your settlement to the OC. VALIDATE

sure, but in my situation, I know the ca is licensed, and because of the accounts that I know personally that they handle, it would just be a matter of time.

I guess to me, I just didnt want to wake up a sleeping dog.

BTW, teh letter I was going to send is a contract, like I said, in this very forum... in the sample letters section:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=926

I am doing this because I plan to get a house in 6 months, so I need to sorta rush things. I could pay in full for delete, but this looked better to me.

Now, if I was sure that going through validation and all wouldnt cause more attention to be thrown my way, I wouldnt have a problem with it, but soemthing tells me that if i press the issue, my chances of a settlement and deletion are going to dwindle...

9 times out of 10 when I have sent a validation letter to the CA when I receive initial communication, I have never heard back from them and it has never been posted to my credit report. This does work!

in my situation, they havent tried to contact me at all, but i am pretty confident they have the information they need.

in my situation, they havent tried to contact me at all, but i am pretty confident they have the information they need.

Doesn't matter, don't get lazy, their not going to do you any favors and they certainly aren't going to act in your best interests. Waking a sleeping dog is a concern however if your planing on paying anyway what do you have to loose? They aren't going to charge you more because your following the law, and they won't play hardball just because you know your right?

Doesn't matter, don't get lazy, their not going to do you any favors and they certainly aren't going to act in your best interests. Waking a sleeping dog is a concern however if your planing on paying anyway what do you have to loose? They aren't going to charge you more because your following the law, and they won't play hardball just because you know your right?

Because the debt is well within the SOL, I feel like I might get sued if they decide they dont like playing hardball...

I may lose my chances for a pay for delete the way I see it, but I guess I see your point.

Because the debt is well within the SOL, I feel like I might get sued if they decide they dont like playing hardball...

I may lose my chances for a pay for delete the way I see it, but I guess I see your point.

When push comes to shove no CA is going to sue just because your validation letter pissed them off. If they do you have recourse through your answer to the charges, states AG's and the ACA. Validation is an important standard and not enough people know about it or demand it. I feel strongly that its everyone’s responsibility to use it because of the fact that too many other people get taken advantage of. We owe it to the system to raise the bar on all CA's and make them accountable. JMHO

oh i hear ya, but i am not worried they'll sue because of validation... i feel they would deny my pay for delete.

I feel that they would want the full amount also, and that THAT is what may lead to them trying to sue me.

oh i hear ya, but i am not worried they'll sue because of validation... i feel they would deny my pay for delete.

I feel that they would want the full amount also, and that THAT is what may lead to them trying to sue me.

teh,

if they want to sue you what makes you think sending them a pay for delete for less then the full amount is better then a DV letter?

teh,

if they want to sue you what makes you think sending them a pay for delete for less then the full amount is better then a DV letter?

In my twisted little world I feel like a pay settlement for deletion is a little more under the radar, and fixes the problem (gets it deleted) rather than wakes them up and says "hey, we didnt know this guy was even around, cool, now we have an address and can pursue the debt! woohoo!" so to speak.

I guess part of my comments are in fear that I dont want to wake them up, but want to fly under the radar and just get it done quickly.

Even if its an OC's collection dept! VALIDATE! If they walk like a duck and talk like a duck they are a duck, and are bound by duck rules.

In my twisted little world I feel like a pay settlement for deletion is a little more under the radar, and fixes the problem (gets it deleted) rather than wakes them up and says "hey, we didnt know this guy was even around, cool, now we have an address and can pursue the debt! woohoo!" so to speak.

I guess part of my comments are in fear that I dont want to wake them up, but want to fly under the radar and just get it done quickly.

It's your choice, I wouldn't make that choice but you do what you feel is right. You can always validate after they say no, so knock yourself out! Good luck!!!

I tried PFD first too. I was rejected on all attempts to pay for delete. Guess what worked... VALIDATION. Not one, I repeat, NOT ONE CA has been able to provide any documentation on any debt in my experience to-date.

I have two items I want to try this on, but they are within the SOL. And they are big dogs- crap one and arrow financial services for household.

What do you think the odds are they won't be able to validate from a March 2002 DOLA Accounts started in 2001?

I have two items I want to try this on, but they are within the SOL. And they are big dogs- crap one and arrow financial services for household.

What do you think the odds are they won't be able to validate from a March 2002 DOLA Accounts started in 2001?

depends, I know Cap1 has a couple of different CA's they use but none of them are A+ on validation. Most will just ignore you initially, you'll have to follow through on the whole process.

As far as waking them up, I probably wouldn't do anything unless I had the money to pay them at least 75-85% for a settlement. If you don't then wait until you do. DV is the way to handle it but you have to be prepaird if they choose to let a judge decide.

depends, I know Cap1 has a couple of different CA's they use but none of them are A+ on validation. Most will just ignore you initially, you'll have to follow through on the whole process.

As far as waking them up, I probably wouldn't do anything unless I had the money to pay them at least 75-85% for a settlement. If you don't then wait until you do. DV is the way to handle it but you have to be prepaird if they choose to let a judge decide.

Thanks - would you mind looking my thread about this over if you get a chance and tell me what you think?

http://www.creditboards.com/phpBB2/viewtop...ghlight=#417814

I am really confused about what to do on that problem.

V-A-L-I-D-A-T-E!!!!

Another AMEN!!!!!!!!!

FIRST and always, a not-to-be-skipped step!!!

Sassy

Even if its an OC's collection dept! VALIDATE! If they walk like a duck and talk like a duck they are a duck, and are bound by duck rules.

No., an OC isn't subject to the FDCPA (READ it isn't a duck).

Send an OC verification letter instead so you have something you can hang your hat on under the FCRA: http://www.creditboards.com/phpBB2/viewtop...der=asc&start=0

Sassy

I think its a great idea sure, but I dont know if its the best thing to do in EVERY situation as was originally said.

If you are on a payment plan of some sort, arent you going to cause problems?

Just seems like it would aggravate things, but maybe I have the wrong mindset here.

If you are paying already, seems like they could say your payment validates the debt?

Cap One isn't a 3rd party collector (usually, though lately they've been known to be tinkering in the debt buyer world), so they aren't subject to the FDCPA. Ditto for HH.

Arrow usually can't validate.

BUT, importantly, the whole point of this thread, if you don't ask, you will never know what they have and don't have. AND, there are only 2 instances I can ever recall where validation has ever been provided. IF validation is ever provided, then move forward from there.

Sassy