Sign in to follow this  
rebuild2016

Bk friendly credit cards after 1 year?

Which credit unions or card issuers will approve an unsecured credit card 1 year post discharge? I know there are some credit unions that may approve after 2 years, but I'm not at 2 years yet.

I included a lot of issuers in the bankruptcy: Navy FCU, PSECU, Penfed, Alliant, DCU, American Express, Citi, Barclay, Discover, USAA.

Post discharge I've been approved for Capital One. Recently I tried Barclay and Discover, and was rejected. Barclay didn't even pull the credit report.

I am not willing to pay an annual fee. Who else should I try for an unsecured card?

Maybe try for a secured with BofA or WF? Get your 3 CCs to report for best score.

Are all your IIB accounts reporting correctly?

On 4/11/2016 at 1:10 PM, VintageWillow said:

Maybe try for a secured with BofA or WF? Get your 3 CCs to report for best score.

Are all your IIB accounts reporting correctly?

Hey sorry to resurect an old topic but this raised a question for me.  

When I included cards in my BK...aka IIB.... How do I know if they are reporting correctly?   (Pulling my reports I guess..duh)   And.....what is the best way for them to report? ...what should an "IIB reporting correctly"  look like and what would it state on the credit report?

Thanks.  CR2x