Has anyone actually seen...

TampaDude

The last post in this topic was posted 2490 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I used to have a crap1 card with a $300 limit, an annual fee, and a monthly fee. In. My. Wallet.

so yes, I've seen (and used) them.

Not to mention my subprime discover Itt

Yeah, I used to have a Cap One secured years ago when I was just starting out with credit, but Cap One is a level above Credit One, First Premier, and all those fee-harvester cards.

Discover, all kidding aside, is not even in the same galaxy as Credit One, FP, etc.

I used to have a crap1 card with a $300 limit, an annual fee, and a monthly fee. In. My. Wallet.

Yeah, I used to have a Cap One secured years ago when I was just starting out with credit, but Cap One is a level above Credit One, First Premier, and all those fee-harvester cards.

Discover, all kidding aside, is not even in the same galaxy as Credit One, FP, etc.

I'm too embarrassed to hand someone a Discovery card. It's even a step down from wearing Dockers® or eating at TGI Friday's™.

Capital One Platinum was my first card in 1995, I managed to get it to a $3750 CL. Since I don't use my Venture and Venture One cards, I just combined them all and now the original Cap 1 has a $23,750 CL. Maybe I'll have to pull it out of my sock drawer and show it off to buy a coffee.

I'm too embarrassed to hand someone a Discovery card. It's even a step down from wearing Dockers® or eating at TGI Friday's™.

The 5% restaurant category is going to waste because nobody wants to show that Fugly card in public.

Saw a First Premier card used at an Outback steakhouse.

Saw somebody get their Credit One card declined at a gas station.

I've seen countless debit cards with names I've never heard of.

What were you doing at Steakback Outhouse®?

Saw a First Premier card used at an Outback steakhouse.

Saw somebody get their Credit One card declined at a gas station.

I've seen countless debit cards with names I've never heard of.

What were you doing at Steakback Outhouse®?

Lol.

My mom and dad went through a BK five years ago. My dad kind of liked to spend too much, always drove her nuts.

My mom still only has her First Premier (that she uses on QVC lol), Credit One and Merrick Bank cards for the last 4 years. She refuses to apply for all these much better cards I see her getting in the mail even though I told her to just replace the old bad ones with the better ones. Nope she won't do it "I have plenty of credit" she tells me. Scores are low 700s. Had her do a prequal on cap one site up popped venture and quicksilver nope couldn't get her to pull trigger.

Sigh

My mom and dad went through a BK five years ago. My dad kind of liked to spend too much, always drove her nuts.

My mom still only has her First Premier (that she uses on QVC lol), Credit One and Merrick Bank cards for the last 4 years. She refuses to apply for all these much better cards I see her getting in the mail even though I told her to just replace the old bad ones with the better ones. Nope she won't do it "I have plenty of credit" she tells me. Scores are low 700s. Had her do a prequal on cap one site up popped venture and quicksilver nope couldn't get her to pull trigger.

Sigh

Ask her if she's willing to talk with a therapist about her relationship with First Premier.

The 5% restaurant category is going to waste because nobody wants to show that Fugly card in public.

Hey, I love my purple Disco card...I hammer it mercilessly during 5% time (actually 10% time until July). :grin:

Hey, I love my purple Disco card...I hammer it mercilessly during 5% time (actually 10% time until July). :grin:

I wonder if my Zit can be made purple.

Love your new sig. :rofl:

Just the modal Crap1 customer :)

Heg, did you mean "model" Crap1 customer, or did you mean "modal", as in the statistical sense of "most commonly occurring" Crap1 customer?

Guess they're pretty much the same thing, though, right? :grin:

Heg, did you mean "model" Crap1 customer, or did you mean "modal", as in the statistical sense of "most commonly occurring" Crap1 customer?

Modal but you're right, the model and modal for crap1 are mostly coterminous

Modal but you're right, the model and modal for crap1 are mostly coterminous

So, basically what you're saying is: If A = {Prime Cards} and B = {Capital One Cards}, then A ∩ B = ∅, right? :grin:

ugly_sister_purple_wig_28114_by_penguin_

I just used all my crappy sub prime cards at the same time at the same place yesterday.

Last week I was taking the family to Universal Studios in Orlando and my transmission blew on I-75 in Cordel Georgia. Luckily this small town had a transmission shop and a rental car company (with one car left). I had the car towed to the shop and drove the rental car to Orlando.

Yesterday when I picked the car up on our way home I put some of the $2,600 new transmission bill onto First Premiere, a Credit One, a Capital One Secured card, and the balance on my new Chase Southwest card.

I did this because the statements just cut on all the sub-prime cards so I've got almost a month to PIF. My Chase card statement closes next week and this made it small enough to PIF before then.

For some reason all my sub-prime cards close on the first week week of the month and all my prime cards close on the 15th, 16th, and 17th. There's no way I could PIF the Chase before the 15th without dipping into savings so my crappy sock drawer cards came in handy.

The last post in this topic was posted 2490 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.