Sign in to follow this  
virtualtreasure

Blispay 2%

While the only frustration I have with BlisPay is unavailability of a CLI, and in all other respects have found it a useful and helpful addition to my credit toolkit, generally speaking there's little doubt that BlisPay qualifies as "Not Ready For PrimeTime".

I applied for the account just shy of 2 years ago. There's little doubt that were I only just aware of them today, I'd steer clear of them based upon reported anecdotes.

So a woman called back today after the "recon" request I had put in from my last post. Still denied due to I.D. verification issues. She wouldn't elaborate on what or why they couldn't match my I.D. Offered to fax in or email/mail any documents she needed to prove who I am, still no go. I told her that no formal method of I.D. verification process after an automatic database-driven denial is a really poor way of doing business. She said I can apply again in 60 days. I told her, there's no reason why I should have to do that, as you already have my file pulled. When I got insistent, she offered to remove the hard inquiry on Experian. I told her that I didn't call in to remove a legitimate INQ, I called in to get my application actually processed. Instructed her to have one of the managers call me back, as I was about to step out and do errands. We'll see if they follow-through. I'm a stubborn man when it comes to recon, as I don't like denials without a legit reason. This card has a valuable usage in my portfolio. I'm even willing to put up with growing pains of a new company. That being said, this one makes you need to be more patient than most, as least for the approval process. I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

If u really want it people have had success contacting the EO and getting the bogus can't verify identity overturned
Thanks for the tip. You wouldn't happen to know what that phone number is, would you? All the numbers I've searched and found so far go through Card Services. If their management is opening to listening, I'm open to talking.

That was my experience, too, until I went to the CFPB. Then it reached the actual PisPay people.

What was the result of you taking it to CFPB? What was the process/final outcome?

I just called "Credit Services" again today and asked them (for a second time) to escalate to First Electronic Bank and Blispay management, asking to speak I instructed the rep that I do not consider this matter finished by a long shot, and will not be satisfied until my application has been properly processed. If that means complaints to the BBB, CFPB, Congresscritters, etc., so be it. The best way to get what you want is to be pleasant, but barring that, they need to know that you won't go away quietly until they've resolved your issue(s). I'll keep everyone posted after the next call.

After going through the CFPB we got a call from PisPay. They were apologetic and solved the issue. But wife still cancelled her card a week later.

Thanks for the heads up. I realize that most CB'ers are more savvy and dedicated than your average consumer, and can understand why she didn't want the hassle.

I'm thinking about Blispay from a long-term perspective as a useful float card, especially if they ever expand CLI's as an option. If they ever do start granting CLI's, regular established history of high usage certainly couldn't hurt. That's my intention, if they ever open my account. We'll see. :)

I've never had issues with mine so I guess I could be considered a happy camper.

After reading this I am beginning to have buyer’s remorse.

My brother wants to recon his denial.

Does anyone have the contact info for Blispay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this I am beginning to have buyer’s remorse.

My brother wants to recon his denial.

Does anyone have the contact info for Blispay?

The "Credit Department" has a phone number listed of 877-431-5865 on the denial letter I got in the mail. That is for First Electronic Bank. I'm still trying to find an actual phone number for Blispay, as they didn't seem to have even a customer service number listed on their site. I've asked the "Credit Department" to find the actual corporate phone number for Blispay so I can speak with their senior management directly. They are still a very small player in the grand scheme of things, shouldn't be that hard to find an executive to speak too. Strongly recommend that your brother RECON, as the more people that make it an issue, the better. People shouldn't have to burn hard INQ's with no system in place for secondary identification if some database has some little bug in it. I've voiced my displeasure at their lack of a setup for I.D. verification and if enough people complain, maybe they'll actually get their act together. So far, if you aren't immediately approved, Blispay is for the patient or the stubborn, or both. :)

... I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

Sorry, I missed this question.

The Duck / Beaver cards were issued by Oregon Community Credit Union and it quickly snowballed when people found it was a easy $20k approval for most applicants. There was no requirement to actually join OCCU or even live in Oregon. All the card underwriting and account servicing was in the hands of "Card Services" in Georgia, the same fine Neanderthals who handle PisPay.

After a relatively short period of time OCCU took stock of their situation and started a massive purge nuking accounts left and right. Few survived. :lol:

Too much of a good thing, huh? :D Thanks for the update.

Sounds like they plugged the leak in their system with rather drastic results. Smaller, local credit unions have to be careful as to how much total risk they have on the books, so while I'm sure it annoyed all the account holders who got AA'ed, I'm sure they meant no harm. Hey, you can't blame them for trying. I would have! :D

While the only frustration I have with BlisPay is unavailability of a CLI, and in all other respects have found it a useful and helpful addition to my credit toolkit, generally speaking there's little doubt that BlisPay qualifies as "Not Ready For PrimeTime".

I applied for the account just shy of 2 years ago. There's little doubt that were I only just aware of them today, I'd steer clear of them based upon reported anecdotes.

They are still a really small and niche company in the overall credit picture. Not ready for prime time is a good way of describing it. As an entrepreneur myself, I wish them the best, and part of the reason why I'm stubbornly trying to get approved, because not only would it be a useful tool, but because I want the smaller innovators to improve and survive when playing with the bigger sharks. Here's to hoping their growing pains are finally overcome.

From online browsing, it appears that BlisPay's product emphasis is on merchant finance solutions (akin to BillMeLater/PayPal). Reportedly, they offer 6-mo 0% purchase financing at no cost to the merchant.

The consumer credit card seems like a product they introduced with only a half-hearted commitment. If it proves profitable, perhaps they'll ramp up that commitment such that there's full customer service support. However, since the current business model seems to alienate many, profitability seems unlikely.

From online browsing, it appears that BlisPay's product emphasis is on merchant finance solutions (akin to BillMeLater/PayPal). Reportedly, they offer 6-mo 0% purchase financing at no cost to the merchant.

The consumer credit card seems like a product they introduced with only a half-hearted commitment. If it proves profitable, perhaps they'll ramp up that commitment such that there's full customer service support. However, since the current business model seems to alienate many, profitability seems unlikely.

As a former retail sales manager, I can say with certainty that having deferred financing was a great tool for my sales team to increase sales, and to increase average ticket numbers. That being said, Blispay doesn't require application through the retailer, as people apply via their phone/web browser. Retailers can only take advantage of Blispay if potential customers can get past ID verification, otherwise the retailer may not make the sale, or make as large a sale. In short, retailers have a vested interest in Blispay fixing their ID verification issues. If I were a store pitching Blispay, I'd be all over them to get this fixed, at it would greatly help my business.

Got an email today saying my account has been approved, a $10k credit line. Logged into the website to confirm, looks good. Haven't received any other contact from F.E.B. or Blispay. Looks like they were able to resolve my identity through further digging without contacting me again, meaning that they had all the info they needed but probably didn't do proper due diligence the first time around when the computer kicked it back. Oh well, all is well that ends well. The last rep I spoke with I did mention that I'd prefer not to go the BBB, CFPB, Congresscritter route, and made sure she noted that. Seems like the hint that I wasn't going away was enough to get them to take it to a manager's desk who had the authority to approve it. In short, Blispay requires stubbornness to acquire if you're not immediately approved. Hopefully, they will improve their internal ID check system in the future.

Got an email today saying my account has been approved, a $10k credit line. Logged into the website to confirm, looks good. Haven't received any other contact from F.E.B. or Blispay. Looks like they were able to resolve my identity through further digging without contacting me again, meaning that they had all the info they needed but probably didn't do proper due diligence the first time around when the computer kicked it back. Oh well, all is well that ends well. The last rep I spoke with I did mention that I'd prefer not to go the BBB, CFPB, Congresscritter route, and made sure she noted that. Seems like the hint that I wasn't going away was enough to get them to take it to a manager's desk who had the authority to approve it. In short, Blispay requires stubbornness to acquire if you're not immediately approved. Hopefully, they will improve their internal ID check system in the future.

Congrats

So a woman called back today after the "recon" request I had put in from my last post. Still denied due to I.D. verification issues. She wouldn't elaborate on what or why they couldn't match my I.D. Offered to fax in or email/mail any documents she needed to prove who I am, still no go. I told her that no formal method of I.D. verification process after an automatic database-driven denial is a really poor way of doing business. She said I can apply again in 60 days. I told her, there's no reason why I should have to do that, as you already have my file pulled. When I got insistent, she offered to remove the hard inquiry on Experian. I told her that I didn't call in to remove a legitimate INQ, I called in to get my application actually processed. Instructed her to have one of the managers call me back, as I was about to step out and do errands. We'll see if they follow-through. I'm a stubborn man when it comes to recon, as I don't like denials without a legit reason. This card has a valuable usage in my portfolio. I'm even willing to put up with growing pains of a new company. That being said, this one makes you need to be more patient than most, as least for the approval process. I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

What a mess. I had a denial due to the ID verification thing... which is weird because I ensured that my Experian info matched my application. Score no problem. When I talked to a CSR, he said basically what you heard. He offered to remove the inquiry and sure enough, it was gone within a week or two. You can push them on this.

Congrats! Sorry I didn't see this before my previous post.

When you pay Barclays you pay Card Services I believe...

Maybe not.

Of course, I can't prove it, but a few things lead me to think Barclays handles their own servicing:

1. With Barclays sometimes you get overseas CSRs: with Card Services each and every one has the Georgia drawl;

2. Barclays online banking portal seems somewhat professional: with Card Services it looks designed by a chimp;

3. With Barclays you can actually get to an underwriter: with Card Services forget it.

I've had Baclays offshore reps, but also Georgia and Florida.

This is the payment mailing address off my Barclays Aviator statement:

Card Services

PO Box 60517

City of Industry, CA 91716-0517

I know from BofA bill pay that there's 5 or more Barclays (Card Services) payment addresses across the US.

This is the payment mailing address for JetBlue Business card:

Business Card Services

PO Box 23066

Columbus, GA 31902-3066

While the Barclays consumer web portal is nice, the business portal is totally different and worse than all the CU's I have.

I think there are several different entities that operate under the moniker of "Card Services". The one that Blispay and the Duck / Beaver cards use is I Georgia and any time you call you will only get someone with a Georgia drawl. It's the same "Card Services" that handles credit card servicing for a lot of credit unions and smaller banks. It's sort of like ELAN.

My two Barclay cards has payment addresses in Philly. The "Card Services" for Blispay and Duck / Beaver is in Columbus, GA. Maybe Barclays biz cards do use the same GA "Card Services" that I know in GA.

City of Industry smells like HSBC, now CapOne.

If you call Barclays about your biz card can you reach underwriting? Maybe different customers use "CardServices" in different ways. I know "Card Services" for Duck / Beaver and Blispay also handle all their underwriting. Maybe not for Barclays??

I had free time to sleuth today.

It looks to me like "Card Services" is really part of First Data. And they are definitely handling the remittance part of BarclayCard. I think they run the whole show for BarclayCard, and your Duck Card and Blispay. If not directly through First Data, then through one of their slue of corporate subsidiaries. Like all the payments for Barclays are really going to Remitco. You can find this name directly on their overnight payment processing locations.

https://investor.firstdata.com/~/media/Files/F/FirstData-IR/documents/2016-form-10-k.pdf - Exhibit 21 starting on page 155 shows you the corporate subsidiaries. They own Remitco, Star Network, Clover, Concord, GYFT, Ignite,

https://www.firstdata.com/en_us/products/global-and-national-financial-institutions/back-office-services.html

https://www.finextra.com/news/announcement.aspx?pressreleaseid=30902

Fry's has a credit card product backed by First Electronic Bank. Here's the mailing address for payments:

Fry’s Credit

P.O. Box 60525

City of Industry, CA 91716-0525

Seems familiar to my Barclays AA mailing address for payments:

Card Services

PO Box 60517

Remitco- 2525 Corporate Pl Ste 200, Monterey Park, CA 91754

BarclayCard Overnight Mailing Address: Remitco Card Services, Lock Box 60517, 2525 Corporate Pl, Suite 250, Monterey Park, CA 91754

Capital One Auto Finance, Attn: Payment Processing, 2525 Corporate Place, 2nd floor Suite #250, Monterey Park, CA 91754

ToBetterCredit: How did you pull it off? Did you keep bugging them by calling the number?

Edited by ttyman

When you pay Barclays you pay Card Services I believe...

Maybe not.

Of course, I can't prove it, but a few things lead me to think Barclays handles their own servicing:

1. With Barclays sometimes you get overseas CSRs: with Card Services each and every one has the Georgia drawl;

2. Barclays online banking portal seems somewhat professional: with Card Services it looks designed by a chimp;

3. With Barclays you can actually get to an underwriter: with Card Services forget it.

I've had Baclays offshore reps, but also Georgia and Florida.

This is the payment mailing address off my Barclays Aviator statement:

Card Services

PO Box 60517

I know from BofA bill pay that there's 5 or more Barclays (Card Services) payment addresses across the US.

This is the payment mailing address for JetBlue Business card:

Business Card Services

PO Box 23066

Columbus, GA 31902-3066

While the Barclays consumer web portal is nice, the business portal is totally different and worse than all the CU's I have.

I think there are several different entities that operate under the moniker of "Card Services". The one that Blispay and the Duck / Beaver cards use is I Georgia and any time you call you will only get someone with a Georgia drawl. It's the same "Card Services" that handles credit card servicing for a lot of credit unions and smaller banks. It's sort of like ELAN.

My two Barclay cards has payment addresses in Philly. The "Card Services" for Blispay and Duck / Beaver is in Columbus, GA. Maybe Barclays biz cards do use the same GA "Card Services" that I know in GA.

City of Industry smells like HSBC, now CapOne.

If you call Barclays about your biz card can you reach underwriting? Maybe different customers use "CardServices" in different ways. I know "Card Services" for Duck / Beaver and Blispay also handle all their underwriting. Maybe not for Barclays??

I had free time to sleuth today.

It looks to me like "Card Services" is really part of First Data. And they are definitely handling the remittance part of BarclayCard. I think they run the whole show for BarclayCard, and your Duck Card and Blispay. If not directly through First Data, then through one of their slue of corporate subsidiaries. Like all the payments for Barclays are really going to Remitco. You can find this name directly on their overnight payment processing locations.

https://investor.firstdata.com/~/media/Files/F/FirstData-IR/documents/2016-form-10-k.pdf - Exhibit 21 starting on page 155 shows you the corporate subsidiaries. They own Remitco, Star Network, Clover, Concord, GYFT, Ignite,

https://www.firstdata.com/en_us/products/global-and-national-financial-institutions/back-office-services.html

https://www.finextra.com/news/announcement.aspx?pressreleaseid=30902

Fry's has a credit card product backed by First Electronic Bank. Here's the mailing address for payments:

Fry’s CreditP.O. Box 60525City of Industry, CA 91716-0525

Seems familiar to my Barclays AA mailing address for payments:

Card ServicesPO Box 60517City of Industry, CA 91716-0517

First Data is a hell of a web. :)

I think there's different levels of service that FD offers. With Duck and PisPay, FD pretty much runs the whole show. With Barclays maybe only 1/2 the show -- at least with personal cards.

With the Georgia crew I had a weird experience. I once got a phone message from the Beaver card people about a suspicious transaction when I used the card to pay AT&T online. Called in and verified the transaction and ok. I entered the Beaver card security department number in my phone book. A long while after that I applied for PisPay. After instant approval, they called and wanted me to send in ID. They gave me a number to call. It was the same number as Beaver. I called, followed their instructions for submitting ID. Called back a while later to see if everything was ok, and it was. I told her I wanted to check on another account, too, and gave her the Beaver number. She checked and said that account is fine, but has a $100 balance, from Amazon. She was right.

someday I'll have to talk about some of the sight tours of first data... its reps also really like to sauce up clients

First Data is a hell of a web. :)

I think there's different levels of service that FD offers. With Duck and PisPay, FD pretty much runs the whole show. With Barclays maybe only 1/2 the show -- at least with personal cards.

With the Georgia crew I had a weird experience. I once got a phone message from the Beaver card people about a suspicious transaction when I used the card to pay AT&T online. Called in and verified the transaction and ok. I entered the Beaver card security department number in my phone book. A long while after that I applied for PisPay. After instant approval, they called and wanted me to send in ID. They gave me a number to call. It was the same number as Beaver. I called, followed their instructions for submitting ID. Called back a while later to see if everything was ok, and it was. I told her I wanted to check on another account, too, and gave her the Beaver number. She checked and said that account is fine, but has a $100 balance, from Amazon. She was right.

someday I'll have to talk about some of the sight tours of first data... its reps also really like to sauce up clients

I was actually unaware of the true breadth of their reach. They are absolutely massive.

Werk! It's a nice product based on your agenda.

You people have me worried. I guess it's kind of a YMMV on using the card and if you will get shut down, right? I will thread carefully. Thank you all for the insight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You people have me worried. I guess it's kind of a YMMV on using the card and if you will get shut down, right? I will thread carefully. Thank you all for the insight.

I spend zero time worried about what might happen with any of my 27 credit card accounts. What specifically concerns you?

I spend zero time worried about what might happen with any of my 27 credit card accounts. What specifically concerns you?

I read from somewhere that someone got their account shut down by paying a Sprint bill. Not that I am going to do it myself.

I plan to use it for the 6mo no interest like a store card.

I read from somewhere that someone got their account shut down by paying a Sprint bill. Not that I am going to do it myself.

Millions of people pay their Sprint bills with a credit card.

True. But this particular person used her Blispay card to pay it and got shut down.

But then there could be another reason. Who knows.

Edited by ttyman

True. But this particular person used her Blispay card to pay it and got shut down.

But then there could be another reason. Who knows.

It was something else.