Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Blispay 2%

The last post in this topic was posted 876 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

this is First Electronic bank. there are 4 entries in creditpulls for them including mine.

they won't recon, seem like a predatory credit card company. I got their offer during checkout at freedommunitions.

Don't bother

While First Electronic Bank supplies the capital, approval, risk, AA and all account servicing is decided by a Georgia company called "Card Services". These are the same people who manage the Duck and the Beaver card programs for Oregon Community Credit Union as well as credit card programs for many other financial institutions. Think of them as ELAN with a southern drawl.

They are very much a YMMV outfit. I have been lucky with them. Others got theirs cut off and handed to them on a paper plate.

Have a few "Card Services" products without incident, including Blispay, so far but Duck was killed in their rampage--seemed to have been fairly widespread and at least in part based on closed CU/location IIRC but could be mistaken.

Edited by virtualtreasure

My Blispay and also my Duck cards all survived.

Wife shut down her Blispay when they tried telling her that her driver license was fake.

When you pay Barclays you pay Card Services I believe...

Maybe not.

Of course, I can't prove it, but a few things lead me to think Barclays handles their own servicing:

1. With Barclays sometimes you get overseas CSRs: with Card Services each and every one has the Georgia drawl;

2. Barclays online banking portal seems somewhat professional: with Card Services it looks designed by a chimp;

3. With Barclays you can actually get to an underwriter: with Card Services forget it.

Maybe not.

Of course, I can't prove it, but a few things lead me to think Barclays handles their own servicing:

1. With Barclays sometimes you get overseas CSRs: with Card Services each and every one has the Georgia drawl;

2. Barclays online banking portal seems somewhat professional: with Card Services it looks designed by a chimp;

3. With Barclays you can actually get to an underwriter: with Card Services forget it.

I've had Baclays offshore reps, but also Georgia and Florida.

This is the payment mailing address off my Barclays Aviator statement:

Card Services

PO Box 60517

City of Industry, CA 91716-0517

I know from BofA bill pay that there's 5 or more Barclays (Card Services) payment addresses across the US.

This is the payment mailing address for JetBlue Business card:

Business Card Services

PO Box 23066

Columbus, GA 31902-3066

While the Barclays consumer web portal is nice, the business portal is totally different and worse than all the CU's I have.

Maybe not.

I've had Baclays offshore reps, but also Georgia and Florida.

This is the payment mailing address off my Barclays Aviator statement:

Card Services

PO Box 60517

City of Industry, CA 91716-0517

I know from BofA bill pay that there's 5 or more Barclays (Card Services) payment addresses across the US.

This is the payment mailing address for JetBlue Business card:

Business Card Services

PO Box 23066

Columbus, GA 31902-3066

While the Barclays consumer web portal is nice, the business portal is totally different and worse than all the CU's I have.

I think there are several different entities that operate under the moniker of "Card Services". The one that Blispay and the Duck / Beaver cards use is I Georgia and any time you call you will only get someone with a Georgia drawl. It's the same "Card Services" that handles credit card servicing for a lot of credit unions and smaller banks. It's sort of like ELAN.

My two Barclay cards has payment addresses in Philly. The "Card Services" for Blispay and Duck / Beaver is in Columbus, GA. Maybe Barclays biz cards do use the same GA "Card Services" that I know in GA.

City of Industry smells like HSBC, now CapOne.

If you call Barclays about your biz card can you reach underwriting? Maybe different customers use "CardServices" in different ways. I know "Card Services" for Duck / Beaver and Blispay also handle all their underwriting. Maybe not for Barclays??

For further insight research Tyss and Synovus. They will solve the mystery of what is going on in Columbus, Georgia and Card Services. Maybe someone can also tie Blisspay to these two entities. Until recently Synovus owned Tyss. Both from Columbus

So a woman called back today after the "recon" request I had put in from my last post. Still denied due to I.D. verification issues. She wouldn't elaborate on what or why they couldn't match my I.D. Offered to fax in or email/mail any documents she needed to prove who I am, still no go. I told her that no formal method of I.D. verification process after an automatic database-driven denial is a really poor way of doing business. She said I can apply again in 60 days. I told her, there's no reason why I should have to do that, as you already have my file pulled. When I got insistent, she offered to remove the hard inquiry on Experian. I told her that I didn't call in to remove a legitimate INQ, I called in to get my application actually processed. Instructed her to have one of the managers call me back, as I was about to step out and do errands. We'll see if they follow-through. I'm a stubborn man when it comes to recon, as I don't like denials without a legit reason. This card has a valuable usage in my portfolio. I'm even willing to put up with growing pains of a new company. That being said, this one makes you need to be more patient than most, as least for the approval process. I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

That really turned into a wall o' text, didn't it? :D

I don't need the float, but I want the float. One of my core financial principles is that you should always take the float when offered. I like to optimize cash flow with credit cards and lines of credit. Blispay, if they get their act together and work out the kinks, could play nicely into that.

awesome paragraph! :)

blispay isn't worth the hassle unless you need the float.

I didn't pick up all of your good habits. :lol:

Yes, I can apply for everything under the sun, but I still have problems dumping crap. For now PisPay remains.

Yes, I can apply for everything under the sun, but I still have problems dumping crap. For now PisPay remains.

Good features, crappy customer service. It just seems so hard to find good/good in many financial services companies!

Crappy features, crappy customer service. It just seems so easy to find good/good in many financial services companies!

FTFY

2% is nothing to write home about. I get that from Citi DC with a limit 6 times higher. Citi very seldom shoots people down for inability to verify identity, and even then they give you an opportunity usually to submit proof.

PisPay is just a turd from every possible angle.

Maybe not.

Internally at Wells Fargo they refer to all the store cards they back as "card services".

Maybe not.

Internally at Wells Fargo they refer to all the store cards they back as "card services".

Right. I'm sure there is more than one entity which calls itself "Card Services". I only know the one in Georgia, though.

So a woman called back today after the "recon" request I had put in from my last post. Still denied due to I.D. verification issues. She wouldn't elaborate on what or why they couldn't match my I.D. Offered to fax in or email/mail any documents she needed to prove who I am, still no go. I told her that no formal method of I.D. verification process after an automatic database-driven denial is a really poor way of doing business. She said I can apply again in 60 days. I told her, there's no reason why I should have to do that, as you already have my file pulled. When I got insistent, she offered to remove the hard inquiry on Experian. I told her that I didn't call in to remove a legitimate INQ, I called in to get my application actually processed. Instructed her to have one of the managers call me back, as I was about to step out and do errands. We'll see if they follow-through. I'm a stubborn man when it comes to recon, as I don't like denials without a legit reason. This card has a valuable usage in my portfolio. I'm even willing to put up with growing pains of a new company. That being said, this one makes you need to be more patient than most, as least for the approval process. I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

If u really want it people have had success contacting the EO and getting the bogus can't verify identity overturned

If u really want it people have had success contacting the EO and getting the bogus can't verify identity overturned

Thanks for the tip. You wouldn't happen to know what that phone number is, would you? All the numbers I've searched and found so far go through Card Services. If their management is opening to listening, I'm open to talking.

Thanks for the tip. You wouldn't happen to know what that phone number is, would you? All the numbers I've searched and found so far go through Card Services. If their management is opening to listening, I'm open to talking.

That was my experience, too, until I went to the CFPB. Then it reached the actual PisPay people.

That was my experience, too, until I went to the CFPB. Then it reached the actual PisPay people.

What was the result of you taking it to CFPB? What was the process/final outcome?

I just called "Credit Services" again today and asked them (for a second time) to escalate to First Electronic Bank and Blispay management, asking to speak I instructed the rep that I do not consider this matter finished by a long shot, and will not be satisfied until my application has been properly processed. If that means complaints to the BBB, CFPB, Congresscritters, etc., so be it. The best way to get what you want is to be pleasant, but barring that, they need to know that you won't go away quietly until they've resolved your issue(s). I'll keep everyone posted after the next call.

What was the result of you taking it to CFPB? What was the process/final outcome?

I just called "Credit Services" again today and asked them (for a second time) to escalate to First Electronic Bank and Blispay management, asking to speak I instructed the rep that I do not consider this matter finished by a long shot, and will not be satisfied until my application has been properly processed. If that means complaints to the BBB, CFPB, Congresscritters, etc., so be it. The best way to get what you want is to be pleasant, but barring that, they need to know that you won't go away quietly until they've resolved your issue(s). I'll keep everyone posted after the next call.

After going through the CFPB we got a call from PisPay. They were apologetic and solved the issue. But wife still cancelled her card a week later.

My brother applied for Blispay, answered the online security questions and get the call for verification message. He called, gave his name and SSN. They went away for a few minutes, came back and told him that his application was denied. No reason was given. They hung up before he could even ask why.

He told me that those people have no manners.

He has a very decent 700+ FICO score.

I applied for it myself and got approved for 4K with a 699 Experian FICO8 score.

I don’t understand how these people work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ttyman

After going through the CFPB we got a call from PisPay. They were apologetic and solved the issue. But wife still cancelled her card a week later.

Thanks for the heads up. I realize that most CB'ers are more savvy and dedicated than your average consumer, and can understand why she didn't want the hassle.

I'm thinking about Blispay from a long-term perspective as a useful float card, especially if they ever expand CLI's as an option. If they ever do start granting CLI's, regular established history of high usage certainly couldn't hurt. That's my intention, if they ever open my account. We'll see. :)

... I must have missed that thread, but several people have referenced the "Beaver & Duck fiasco". What on earth was that?

Sorry, I missed this question.

The Duck / Beaver cards were issued by Oregon Community Credit Union and it quickly snowballed when people found it was a easy $20k approval for most applicants. There was no requirement to actually join OCCU or even live in Oregon. All the card underwriting and account servicing was in the hands of "Card Services" in Georgia, the same fine Neanderthals who handle PisPay.

After a relatively short period of time OCCU took stock of their situation and started a massive purge nuking accounts left and right. Few survived. :lol:

The last post in this topic was posted 876 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.