Sign in to follow this  
jamesinvancouver

old credit card went into collections long time ago. I would like to pay it and...another credit card off.

It was a bad time for me. Actually more of a stupid once using one of my credit cards to live off of. I had let it lapse into collections years ago. another one is bouncing from 2,000-2,500. The bank canceled the second credit card because I was making late payments. So, like to know what it would take to restore my credit by paying these off. I know the damage is done. I want to buy a house in the US. I also had some old loans that were never paid off over 15 years ago. I think federal law is they are wipped off my credit profile. I tried to get a credit check on my self in the states but kept getting back info from a credit reporting agency as "not enough information" no idea what that is.

The end goal is to qualify for a house, a a repair/rehab loan if ....if I go that route or, obtain a loan from a hard money loan company. Other option is to being in a real-estate investor and use there money.

So, what do I need to do next? Also, is there any free credit check agencies online? Does my divorce from my wife show up in my credit report?

Thanks much!!

Is this for Canada or the US? If 15 years ago, student loan rules for Canada changed around that time. If collection is on more than 7 years after last payment, it's supposed to be off your record.

Not enough information means no credit file to go by. Do you have any US credit?

Is your debt Canadian but you want to buy a house in the US? They could have "not enough information" if you have no US credit. The poster above is right. We'll need more info.